Coach Kellie Harper fired

Fair. Differing viewpoint from my own, but who cares. My opinion and feelings are no more valid than your own. I think we can both agree that if she was at 99.9% of other schools, she'd still have her job. The history at TN is what makes us special, and I think Danny White knows he has a limited time to recapture that. If the next one doesn't do it, then I think we become the type of program where 20 wins and a second round exit probably becomes celebrated.. but for right now, there still TOO many of us alive who remember the program for what it was, and yearn for that again.
And I’m sad to say that I think that the days of dominance are over. I do think this program can win national title. But the difference being so can 20-30 other schools within that time.

My argument isn’t for mediocrity. It’s for competitive realism, integrity, stability, and class. And I think letting KJH go will be a mistake (realized at some point in the future).

I think this is such an overlooked part of the story here. Kellie will have arguably left the program in the worst condition it's been in since Pat took over 50 years ago. The lack of recruiting high school players means there are ZERO recruits in the pipeline. Pro-Kellie crowd will use it as "TOLD YOU TO KEEP HER" if the next coach doesn't quickly surpass her recruits. I also think this is why a BIG fish is needed. You have to bring someone in who can bring their own players or lure big ones from the portal. There is literally nothing in the kitchen cubbard.

Agree 💯. Next season’s roster is going to be almost entirely portal players. I expect a couple of returning players to explore their options due to Kellie’s firing and perhaps a couple more will be encouraged to look around if the new coach doesn’t think they can play at this level. Going to be a lot of new faces next season.

And I’m sad to say that I think that the days of dominance are over. I do think this program can win national title. But the difference being so can 20-30 other schools within that time.

My argument isn’t for mediocrity. It’s for competitive realism, integrity, stability, and class. And I think letting KJH go will be a mistake (realized at some point in the future).
Is South Carolina or Uconn or Iowa lacking in integrity? Or class? What has Kellie brought that exceeds those schools in integrity or class? I haven't heard ANY media talk about Lady Vols as having more integrity or class than other schools. All she's done is take a program with an elite legacy and brought them down to an afterthought in college woman's basketball. There's no edge...no "attitude" none of that. Kellie is cute and nice. Wonderful.

Does anyone know how Kellie felt about NIL and if there was any resistance there or a desire to do things the old school way --- at least when she first took the job?

She doesn't seem like the sort who adjusts to change well so I have often wondered this since the other UT sports seem to have done well in embracing it. I know LV basketball ended up under a more ineffectual NIL regime than Spyre, and reading between the lines, that seems to have been my mutual agreement. But I am wondering specifically about Kellie's role here.

If our competitors are sending kids to collectives to get quotes and we are telling them what sort of t-shirt designs they can have made with their image then our recruiting woes explain themselves.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Is South Carolina or Uconn or Iowa lacking in integrity? Or class? What has Kellie brought that exceeds those schools in integrity or class? I haven't heard ANY media talk about Lady Vols as having more integrity or class than other schools. All she's done is take a program with an elite legacy and brought them down to an afterthought in college woman's basketball. There's no edge...no "attitude" none of that. Kellie is cute and nice. Wonderful.
Under Kellie, the LV program became the place for saints who are harmless and pure hearted 100 percent of the time. Who are at the mercy of the ever-increasing, sinful WCBB landscape.

The coaches never do anything wrong. The fans post tweets that run recruits away. It doesn’t matter if we have dozens of heartbreaking/bad losses to elite opponents as long we “never give up and fight till the end.” If fans criticize coaching or recruiting, “we’re part of the problem.” Could go on and on.

We once had a coach that was REALLY big on accountability and not having pity parties. I hope the next coach brings these values.

Yeah kinda LOL. Not sure if you were living under a rock when Cordoso got ejected/ suspended and Dawn apologized several times which I thought she did great.

Not mentioning Mulkey who has x100 less class.

I'd get a good friend Mark Campbell at Union University and another good friend Kevin McMillan at UTM and guarantee they'd best 12-37.
You can think that if you want but it’s just factually inaccurate. That’s 12-37 against ranked teams. I bet you think your friends would have South Carolina beaten until the last play huh? lol. Get real.

You can think that if you want but it’s just factually inaccurate. That’s 12-37 against ranked teams. I bet you think your friends would have South Carolina beaten until the last play huh? lol. Get real.
Yeah..I know it's against ranked teams.....They both would have beaten USC in that situation. Their records against ranked teams would have been better than 12-37 Harpers.....LMAO. Get real.

Agree 💯. Next season’s roster is going to be almost entirely portal players. I expect a couple of returning players to explore their options due to Kellie’s firing and perhaps a couple more will be encouraged to look around if the new coach doesn’t think they can play at this level. Going to be a lot of new faces next season.
Portal is pretty thin. In our best interest to keep as many as possible

Could be second strike at the plate
The first strike was letting a national championship soccer coach go.

Or could be double to a home run hire.

But if this turns out worse Danny White
Might be the one getting a surprisesurprise

Yeah kinda LOL. Not sure if you were living under a rock when Cordoso got ejected/ suspended and Dawn apologized several times which I thought she did great.

Not mentioning Mulkey who has x100 less class.
Chill out, it’s not like Kamila was arrested for being publicly intoxicated (while underage) and passed out behind the wheel of a car like Brooklyn Miles was.

Coaching search here we come. Thank You Kellie You brought class and elegance to your post but at Tennessee Your the standard of Elite ladies Basketball 🏀 and you couldn't get us back to Elite level. Next up ? In CHRIST Alone
he's 90% already there probably

Reactions: RAVOL
Interesting to read that DW was willing to bring Kellie back, but in trying to raise some NIL money for that program none of the donors were interested in her coming back. Seems that in order to get NIL support from some a new coach had to be hired. Both myself and MadtownVol posted on this as a theory of why NIL might not be working at Tennessee. We'll see what happens with the new coach, but it appears that NIL might not be a problem going forward.

Interesting to read that DW was willing to bring Kellie back, but in trying to raise some NIL money for that program none of the donors were interested in her coming back. Seems that in order to get NIL support from some a new coach had to be hired. Both myself and MadtownVol posted on this as a theory of why NIL might not be working at Tennessee. We'll see what happens with the new coach, but it appears that NIL might not be a problem going forward.
They seen she wasn’t going to get it done like a lot of us said it was time for to go

VN Store

Back