Coach Kellie Harper fired

Powell would turn into a ball hogging thought she was MJ type player that thought she could contortion her body into a wild out of control shot against foot taller players at the end of every quarter she had the ball. She had no clue to pull up for a 10 foot shot. The whole arena knew what she would do. Yet CKH appeared clueless.
Even the commentators criticized her. Many times she’d shoot the ball without making one pass. Kellie did nothing about it. Heck, I’d have put little Darby in to teach her a lesson. Powell was really really hard to watch

I do think it’s important to note they don’t think we could get a top 5 coach because those are the Geno, Tara, and Kim’s of the world who are just unlikely to leave their schools, not that we couldn’t get them because we aren’t willing to spend $$$.
All coming from Knoxville news sentinel guy
That people watch that show and gets alot of views
They said Tennessee not spending more than they paid football coach
They seem tHink Two million would be Tennessee budget for a top 10 coach

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is also a good case study of risk preference. We all have varying levels of risk tolerance. I, for example, am very risk adverse so you would never want me as your AD because I’d fear losing Nyla Brooks and Finley Chastain too much. Others might be more willing to rip the bandaid off because they’re more comfortable with risk and uncertainty. I’m certain both groups have been very loud on social media at different times, and the truth is probably the fan base is somewhat evenly split or (like me) just very sad it came to this as Kellie is a great lady. I really wanted her to succeed.
Kellie is wonderful and we all wanted to see her succeed! It’s heartbreaking that she didn’t but she DIDN’T. Women’s basketball is bigger than ever and the school who started it all has become irrelevant with no signs that anything was going to change. DW had no choice.

John Adams is a numbskull. Don’t buy into any of that mud.

White is going to hire the best person for the job and yes, I do think at least one of the top 5 coaches is in play for the right amount of $$$.

And yes there will be a hiring committee but the AD will have the final say. I’ve been on this hiring committees before. There will be a committee that generally includes AD admin, UT admin, BoT, regents and current players. All input will be considered but the AD will make the final call. It is not a voting process.
He thinks Tennessee should have gotten Kim before she went to LSU
Or Jeff now Or before
The young guy Caleb if I'm spelling his name right
Likes USC coach
Say she's improve Them and Cal to if that's where she's at before

He thinks Tennessee should have gotten Kim before she went to LSU
Or Jeff now Or before
The young guy Caleb if I'm spelling his name right
Likes USC coach
Say she's improve Them and Cal to if that's where she's at before

He’s out of touch.

The only thing I agree on is that UT should have tried to get Mulkey when we fired Holly. Kim said we never called and that pissed me off. Fulmer didn’t do any due diligence, he just paraded Kellie in and said “here ya go folks.”

For the right money Kim would have left Baylor, as everyone now knows. She was the one I wanted when we fired Holly and everyone called me delusional.

The time has passed on Walz, that’s not a hot take or a good take anymore. He toyed around throwing his name at too many jobs to get a raise. His recruiting has fallen off and he also doesn’t seem too keen on NIL. He’s been having to comb the portal like Kellie but imo was not getting players as good as we were from the portal.

We aren’t hiring anyone without NCAA experience at a P5 school so whoever Caleb is, it’s a non-starter.

And Gottlieb made enough statements the last day or two on Twitter that it appears she has no interest. She’s very likely to get a large raise and contract extension from USC after going to the EE and landing the #1 recruiting class.

Last edited:
To speak plainly, it does not matter what fans who are unhappy with the hire will think at this point. This has been the biggest coaching change headline in the last decade. Bigger than Kentucky. Bigger than Baylor. Bigger than LSU. Bigger than Virginia Tech. Bigger than Miami. LSU made a splash hire and is now a Top 10 program nationwide. Their window is closing fast.
When/not if Tennessee announces this hire it’ll set them on a path of prominence for another 15 years. This is bigger than I even saw it being from Day 1. And yes, I have sources that have heard about potential candidates that I won’t reveal on here.
Big, bigger, biggest. Bigliest blowhard wc. Biggudicle bunghole big bad wc.
Boringest blahdeeblab buncombe spewer wc.

Boo
Boo
Go team!

He’s out of touch.

The only thing I agree on is that UT should have tried to get Mulkey when we fired Holly. Kim said we never called and that pissed me off. Fulmer didn’t do any due diligence, he just paraded Kellie in and said “here ya go folks.”

For the right money Kim would have left Baylor, as everyone now knows. She was the one I wanted when we fired Holly and everyone called me delusional.

The time has passed on Walz, that’s not a hot take or a good take anymore. He toyed around throwing his name at too many jobs to get a raise. His recruiting has fallen off and he also doesn’t seem too keen on NIL. He’s been having to comb the portal like Kellie but imo was not getting players as good as we were from the portal.

We aren’t hiring anyone without NCAA experience at a P5 school so whoever Caleb is, it’s a non-starter.

And Gottlieb made enough statements the last day or two on Twitter that it appear she has no interest. She’s very likely to get a large raise and contract extension from USC after going to the EE and landing the #1 recruiting class.
Kim liked Pat he said she would have Come over going to LSU
You have that In common
Tennessee Tennessee could have gotten Kim

You know nothing about me…just your own fanatical, self-deluded dogma. As with EVERY coach UT hires, I gave Harper my full support and backing…there’s an end to the conversation. Dan White waits for every squawker to get on board with what has to be done it’d never happen. So commence with the background noise…adults are making decisions.
Well spoken...

Reactions: SandyO and butchna
Brenda Frese
2002–03Maryland10–184–139th
2003–04Maryland18–139–93rdNCAA Second Round
2004–05Maryland22–109–85thNCAA Second Round
2005–06Maryland34–414–3T–2ndNCAA Champions
2006–07Maryland28–611–53rdNCAA Second Round
2007–08Maryland33–414–22ndNCAA Elite Eight
2008–09Maryland31–515–21stNCAA Elite Eight
2009–10Maryland21–136–109thWNIT Third Round
2010–11Maryland24–89–54thNCAA Second Round
2011–12Maryland31–512–43rdNCAA Elite Eight
2012–13Maryland26–814–43rdNCAA Sweet Sixteen
2013–14Maryland28–712–43rdNCAA Final Four
Maryland (ACC):306–101 (.752)129–69 (.652)
Maryland Terrapins (Big Ten Conference) (2014–present)​
2014–15Maryland34–318–01stNCAA Final Four
2015–16Maryland31–416–21stNCAA Second Round
2016–17Maryland32–315–1T–1stNCAA Sweet Sixteen
2017–18Maryland26–812–42ndNCAA Second Round
2018–19Maryland29–515–31stNCAA Second Round
2019–20Maryland28–416–21stPostseason not held
2020–21Maryland26–317–11stNCAA Sweet Sixteen
2021–22Maryland23–913–4T–2ndNCAA Sweet Sixteen
2022–23Maryland28–715–3T–2ndNCAA Elite Eight
2023–24Maryland19–149–9T–6thNCAA First Round
Maryland (Big Ten):274–58 (.825)146–29 (.834)
Maryland (Overall):582–161 (.783)
Total:639–191 (.770)

And completely have the right, as always.

In this case, when you've fired a semi-successful coach and said you're swinging for the fences, you better make a significant move.

If, as I fear, it turns out to be a lateral "maybe she'll be better" hire, everyone can make their own decision how patient they want to be.

And also we should all keep in mind what we say here about it means absolutely nothing except for our own enjoyment.
The list I saw or lists I didn't see any real swing for the fences hires. Matter of fact they all might be just a step above or the same as Coach Kellie depending on whether they can recruit or not. Half of them were MId-major coaches. Then there is Lawson, Close, Gottlieb, Ivey may be the best on the list. Saw the present coach of Syracuse on there and of course Walz is always on every list. He is the John Gruden of football. I like Kenny Brooks better than most of them and he is already taken.

Reactions: brittannica
The list I saw or lists I didn't see any real swing for the fences hires. Matter of fact they all might be just a step above or the same as Coach Kellie depending on whether they can recruit or not. Half of them were MId-major coaches. Then there is Lawson, Close, Gottlieb, Ivey may be the best on the list. Saw the present coach of Syracuse on there and of course Walz is always on every list. He is the John Gruden of football. I like Kenny Brooks better than most of them and he is already taken.

What list are you talking about? Because if it’s from an opinion piece in a news article it’s total garbage.

What list are you talking about? Because if it’s from an opinion piece in a news article it’s total garbage.
All list are that cause no one really knows who is on his actual list. I suspect most of those names are cause who is actually a top ten coach after the big five. It could be any of about ten coaches.

Reactions: brittannica
Do you know him personally? Because what my daughter told me, he's a really good guy that cares for people's well being, even the ones he doesn't know.

Yes, that classic recent press conference throwing his players under the steamroller, then backing over them before rolling forward and flattening them again just screams "caring about people."

That poor, shell-shocked player sitting beside him being put on the spot by him with an insulting question really seemed to be feeling the love during his profane tantrum.

I would say that whomever is hired is not in immediate connection with some top players either portal or 2024 recruits will be in immediate trouble of having a season that doesn't make the NCAA. The current roster without Powell, Jackson, and Key is already to weak to make it JMO.
Exactly. And makes me wonder who would take the job under those circumstances. That's the nightmare.

All list are that cause no one really knows who is on his actual list. I suspect most of those names are cause who is actually a top ten coach after the big five. It could be any of about ten coaches.

Right, I’m not giving any credence to any of that.

Journalists in WBB hate Tennessee. We saw that with the Rickea Jackson voting. They are mostly UConn and South Carolina fans posing as journalists. They do not want to see a successful Tennessee again because it means less for their favs.

UConn fans seem especially worried about who we hire because we have barely missed on several recruits they are now relying heavily on. Bring the right person to Knoxville who can land players like Shade and Q Samuels and they are in trouble.

White just operates different than any AD I’ve ever seen. For sure different than any UT has ever had. We aren’t going to know until we know and I think people will be pleasantly surprised. The dude means business and takes himself and his job very seriously.

Maybe I’m setting myself up for disappointment, but I just have a good feeling right now. Any other past AD we’ve had we would already know with some certainty who the next coach would be because that department leaked like a sieve.

Last edited:
Yes, that classic recent press conference throwing his players under the steamroller, then backing over them before rolling forward and flattening them again just screams "caring about people."

That poor, shell-shocked player sitting beside him being put on the spot by him with an insulting question really seemed to be feeling the love during his profane tantrum.
Seems all of his players, past and present, adore him and speak highly of him. Probably takes a kid with some thick skin to be able to be coached by someone who demands high performance.

No doom and gloom in sight. People avoid the dramatic critics. If people can’t see who will take a Tennessee job with its best returning core in three years and top tier resources.. but brag about Kentucky one of the bottom teams in the conference hiring their new coach you know it’s just to spread negativity. The candidates that I have been given confirmation are applicants(we are no longer taking about interest) for the Tennessee job all come from winning programs. So winners are who is interested in the Tennessee job. Players nor coaches will never see Tennessee based on this board driven fantasy. It’s a top 3-5 program in the country today.

VN Store

Back