Coach.. Play every

These Freshman are amazing!!!! That game against UTC was something else. UT had 30 more yards rushing than Jackson State had against UTC. The game against GS and BYU was even more amazing.

Let them make their mistakes this year...no one is worried about winning the SEC east this year...get them started early and see a big improvement by the end of the season and begin paying dividends next season

Reactions: 1vol8
FYI... Simmons played some last week against UTC. He didn't do too much. I just don't think he's ready for any "extended" pt.

Reactions: VolSummitt44
Personally, I'm all for getting the freshman 4 games of experience, redshirting them, and then counting them as freshman again next year.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I say we play all the walk ons. We did not even need to play our scholarship players.

"Florida is struggling both physically and mentally right now "

How did you come to this conclusion, did Florida lose to Ga State?
They have top guys injured left and right. Their coach says they need to get healthy. When you lose your starting QB and team leader it effects you mentally. Florida is down both physically and mentally right now. It's why several are giving the Vols a chance Saturday.

Normally, and I realize we are in a sucky situation, the best thing is to let the freshmen learn behind the upperclassmen. Just think about how nerve racking it must be for a player to adjust to trying to play in front of 102,455 screaming drunks all the while trying to remember what to do. Catch 22, got to get them experience but have to try to win at the same time. I say try to get the best players on the field no matter the class if coaches trust them to make the right plays

Don’t baby these young players, most of them played as stars of their high schools and are already very good athletes, these kids make mistakes, but, they play like they want to be here and bring enthusiasm and energy so badly needed in this program

Put all those young freshman in this year that you can. That will begin preparing them for next season....Go ahead and throw them in there....let them get knocked around some and let them know from experience what they will have to do this next off season to prepare to be winners in the SEC....Some are getting a taste of it...I love watching them play....I love to see their excitement when they make their first big play.....
PUT EM IN COACH THEY READY TO PLAY THE GAME "TODAY"
P.S.S. PLEASE PUT ELIJAH IN THERE AND LET US WATCH THE KID GET BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER....PUT EM ALL IN...GET EM READY FOR NEXT SEASON THIS YEAR...WE'LL JUST BE THAT FARTHER ALONG NEXT SEPTEMBER
The pills are above the sink.

I think we had 34 play defense last week and 19 skill guys on offense plus every OL on the team. I think we are in great shape physically but not so great mentally. Florida is struggling both physically and mentally right now.

sounds more like a wounded Vols wish

Personally, I'm all for getting the freshman 4 games of experience, redshirting them, and then counting them as freshman again next year.
Don’t have that luxury imo. Gray, Wright, Morris, Hank, Crouch, Burrell, et al.....all these guys are among our best players and they’ve gotta play this year if you want any chance to keep 2019 from being a 2-win disaster.

Also, the experience they get this year makes them much better next year, after which Pruitt could find himself fired if he doesn’t post a very good to great 3rd season after what is surely gonna be a very disappointing 2nd year.

Just no way to sit all those guys the remaining 8 games of the season after Saturday’s loss to Florida.

Reactions: awaitingawin
The trick is how many do you redshirt. A lot of freshmen can play immediately and possibly give you more than some upperclassmen that simply don’t want to be here. The question is would it be enough to make this season matter or are you better off saving their eligibility and development for another year?

Guys as it stands right now I am rather shocked at the play from Warrior....I was really expecting a whole different player this year...to me he just hasn't upped the level of his play any that I can tell

VN Store

Back