Coach Summitt has passed away

Saying goodbye to coach summitt is saying goodbye to my childhood and everything about it that I loved and cherished. That woman helped mold me into the kind of person I am today. I feel sorry for the young girls who have a love for the game as they will never get to truly witness the magic we witnessed year in and year out

She set the bar higher than anyone can ever reach.

There will never ever be a coach equal to her.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been thinking about Coach Summitt all day today and aside from the fact that we lost a great lady, what makes me so sad is growing up as a Tennessee fan, it feels like we lost a big part of our identity today. Pat Summitt to me is so synonymous with Tennessee athletics and even though she hasn't been the Lady Vols coach for 4 years, just knowing she was still around was a comfort to me and that aura still loomed large over that Lady Vols program. Now that she's gone, it truly feels like a huge void has been left in her place. A void that I'm not sure will ever be filled again.

Reactions: 4 people
Well all I know is that in the recruiting forum, when we sign a high recruit there is a BOOM! Here is the BOOM for Pat Summit, she's been recruited by God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and I bet she's teaching them how to run the Triangle Offense right NOW! VOLNATION looks forward to seeing you again!

Am I the only one who has teared up several times today as I see and read things online about Pat Summit's passing? I'm a 60-year-old man living near Orlando, but I am Big Orange through and through, and her death has hit me like a family member died. I wasn't much use at work today. #VFL

Reactions: 3 people
Thank you Pat for being a Vol, thank you Pat for not having the baby until you get to Tn, thank you Pat for all you done for our beloved university,thank you Pat for allowing my young sons to see how a champion truly acts,but most of all thank you for being Pat Head Summit & for the lives you changed just by being yourself!

RIP Coach. One of a kind, that will never be duplicated. You are at the top of the list of why people like me and others know
"IT's GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL"!!

Am I the only one who has teared up several times today as I see and read things online about Pat Summit's passing? I'm a 60-year-old man living near Orlando, but I am Big Orange through and through, and her death has hit me like a family member died. I wasn't much use at work today. #VFL

You are not alone - there's at least two of us.

Taken in Knoxville tonight. Coincidence? You decide.

Is that for real or is it photoshopped? Did you know TBA flooded 27/28th and the black curtains had to be lowered to be lowered to dry out? Two coincidences are supposed to be unbelievable (per Nero Wolfe:)). So I just wondered.

Great pic no matter what.

VN Store

Back