Coaches are reaching out and expressing interest in the job

That’s fair. He knows the same thing Freak knows. This fan base is going to click on any info out there during a coaching search. It’s good for business whether it’s true or not. I don’t begrudge him that but I wouldn’t call it responsible either.

This is also possibly true as well, could all be click bait for him, and I don’t begrudge him either driving traffic to his site.

I do think he’s possibly had conversations with some coaches, whether they’re good or not is a different question

Reactions: vol66
Chadwell and freeze have both expressed interest. Freeze has told anyone that will listen he wants the job. I’m sure Travis could’ve heard this from these two or from a friend of a friend. In any case I think he’s wanting to let everyone know this BS of Tennessee not being able to land a decent coach is just that BS. Several coaches want to be in this conference and prove themselves.

I'll admit, it was me.

Never coached a day, figured clay could Coach me up.

I am a budget hire!

heard Mike Vrabel is really interested

because CT said it could be a good gig and MV really wants to get involved in recruiting teenagers

so much stoopid

Reactions: Border Vol
I'm sure the 4m's are at the top of the list of those reaching out: Muschamp, Mason, Miles and Malzahn.

5m's if you consider Mike Gundy looking for another raise.

Reactions: Border Vol
Clay Travis likes to hear the sound of his own blather and hyperbole.....he is a self-promoting, self-righteous talking head who has a nerve ending for
a brain.....discount all noise proceeding from his pie hole

So if you were interested in a job at a company, but the higher ups pretty much know all the higher ups in your company...would you just call them up? Or would you try and gather some intel on the job first from people you feel that you can trust?

Reactions: Samthebam
So if you were interested in a job at a company, but the higher ups pretty much know all the higher ups in your company...would you just call them up? Or would you try and gather some intel on the job first from people you feel that you can trust?
People who would then use your action as part of a money-making activity? (blogging, etc.)

I do agree with doing some quiet research. Pretty sure that contacting journalists isn't the way to do this, unless you can cut some sort of hellacious deal for silence now in exchange for an exclusive one day.

There are always back channel conversations happening designed to either gauge someone’s interest in a better business job opportunity, or to express interest in an opportunity.

It’s done through all kinds of trusted intermediaries that you’ve developed a relationship with over the years.

If you’re going to be burned, you typically will have already found that out in a previous situation where the risks are not as high.

Not saying that Clay Travis is not lying now and probably does want some clicks, but there’s no question that he has developed a network of head coach friends and confidants. That’s how you get stories, and that’s how you’re able to get coaches to comment on other coaches situations “off the record”.

Sounds reasonable to me that there’s interest in resurrecting the Tennessee program, it’s ALWAYS easier to follow a bad coach than a good one.

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back