Conference Games Only?

There isn’t any reason to start delaying seasons. Just start in time and make everyone wear a mask. People will get infected and some will die, but that is going to be the case for the rest of our lives. There will be no legitimate vaccine. We are going to lose 500,000-1 million people every year to COVID-19 in the world, regardless of sports or not.
I don't think we willhave an effetive and safe vacine that will produce antibodies which last more than 10 to 16 months. Our best haope id to find an effective treatment which will prevent the adverst events which do occur in people of all ages. Scared lungs, higt blood pressure, stokes, and irregular heart beats are just some of the adverse events which follow this disease in all age groups.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Schools need to open and sports should be played, but some want to keep everything closed. They are going to do what they are going to do. The mortality rate continues to plummet, hospitals aren't being overwhelmed. The vast majority are getting over the virus, despite the rise in numbers. But damn all that we want everyone to wear a mask and stay at home forever. The folks that really want to lock you down don't even give a timeline. I don't trust the numbers one bit to begin with, the numbers I look at are the death rate and the hospitalization rate and the age of people most seriously effected. There is no reason children should not go back to school, we don't need to be closing most things we need to be doing the opposite in my opinion. This is serious for people with underlying conditions and the elderly, especially the elderly in nursing homes and hospitals of course should be taking the precautions of protecting the elderly at both of these locations. These locations should have been the primary focus to begin with, protecting them from the rest of the public. The vast 99 percent of the rest of us would survive the virus, for sure there would be a small percentage of young and middle aged that would die from it. And I would imagine in some of them cases a unknown medical condition could aide in the severity of the virus. But in the long run I think this approach would protect us just as good as what we have seen these governors try to do, and the liberal states have had the most trouble overall. I think this is political theater, some have genuine concerns about the virus and I can respect that. But some just love this stuff, they hope things stay like this. They want folks to live in fear, they don't want folks to go back to work. Them type of folks are sick, willing to hold kids hostage for political gain. Shame on anyone doing that, your sick. God Bless and GBO!

Odd how some of the biggest champions of the lockdowns are people who still have jobs like the media talking heads, politicians, bureaucrats, etc. It's almost like this last several months has had a minimal impact on them
I have a job that allows me to work from home. It still sucks.

Schools need to open and sports should be played, but some want to keep everything closed. They are going to do what they are going to do. The mortality rate continues to plummet, hospitals aren't being overwhelmed. The vast majority are getting over the virus, despite the rise in numbers. But damn all that we want everyone to wear a mask and stay at home forever. The folks that really want to lock you down don't even give a timeline. I don't trust the numbers one bit to begin with, the numbers I look at are the death rate and the hospitalization rate and the age of people most seriously effected. There is no reason children should not go back to school, we don't need to be closing most things we need to be doing the opposite in my opinion. This is serious for people with underlying conditions and the elderly, especially the elderly in nursing homes and hospitals of course should be taking the precautions of protecting the elderly at both of these locations. These locations should have been the primary focus to begin with, protecting them from the rest of the public. The vast 99 percent of the rest of us would survive the virus, for sure there would be a small percentage of young and middle aged that would die from it. And I would imagine in some of them cases a unknown medical condition could aide in the severity of the virus. But in the long run I think this approach would protect us just as good as what we have seen these governors try to do, and the liberal states have had the most trouble overall. I think this is political theater, some have genuine concerns about the virus and I can respect that. But some just love this stuff, they hope things stay like this. They want folks to live in fear, they don't want folks to go back to work. Them type of folks are sick, willing to hold kids hostage for political gain. Shame on anyone doing that, your sick. God Bless and GBO!

As an older man with heart disease I can agree there are few deaths among those under 25, most deaths are my age group and health. There is some evidence that permanent lung damage occurs in some patients, without regard to age or preexisting conditions. I don't advocate shut down ,I do think mask use is imperative to stopping the rise in covid infection. It is up to me to avoid contact with grandchildren or nieces/nephews that will most likely become infected. This strain of corona doesn't affiliate itself with any political party and when you spout your liberal state BS check out the infection rate for Texas and Florida.

We opened up bars and restaurants first, then made masks mandatory afterwards. That’s not taking proper precautions.

It’s amazing adults in the States have to be told to wear a mask. I’m lucky I got out of the USA before we got banned everywhere. Here, everyone wears masks, nobody throws temper tantrums about it, and new cases and deaths are 1/1000 of the USA.

Talked to a guy from Mercer yesterday. They're scared to death that the SEC is going to go conference only. Mercer is supposed to open at Vandy and get a nice check for doing so.

Talked to a guy from Mercer yesterday. They're scared to death that the SEC is going to go conference only. Mercer is supposed to open at Vandy and get a nice check for doing so.
If the SEC goes conference only they should honor the contracts to all the little schools.

With the case numbers skyrocketing but the death rate is lowering it's either one of two things. The virus is losing it's strength or the numbers are being padded....hmmm.
Death rate is not lowering.
About 1000/day and rising. It was down to 200/300 a day a few weeks ago. The stats came from a fellow VN member who posted the link this afternoon.

Reactions: ohhbother

VN Store

Back