Confident USU Fans (blue cool-aid)

No doubt, USU doesn't have any freakish athletes like the SEC has had through the years. I'd kill to have a guy like AJ Green or Julio Jones in Aggie Blue. If Chuckie had a receiver like a Jason Croom or Josh Malone, defenses would be quite scared.
The unique thing about Chuckie Keeton is how he makes all his receivers better. We had a pretty regular group of receivers last year. All of them ran good routes and caught the ball, but none of them really had game breaking speed with the exception of Butler. CK made a slow white guy look really good time and time again. WE have more athleticism at the position this year, but certainly nothing to write home about. That's why I have been worried about our lack of balance. We can't have Chuckie dusting himself off after every play.

Sorry, but I predict he will be. And I predict he will get up slower as the game progresses, if he doesn't change his playing style. Note, I'm not calling for or wishing for an injury. I just know the size and speed we have this year when it comes to pass-rushing, and it could be a surprise for Chucky.

I'm not saying he needs to become a pocket passer for this game, but I am saying he'll need to be ready to throw the ball in the turf without hesitation.

Sorry, but I predict he will be. And I predict he will get up slower as the game progresses, if he doesn't change his playing style. Note, I'm not calling for or wishing for an injury. I just know the size and speed we have this year when it comes to pass-rushing, and it could be a surprise for Chucky.

I'm not saying he needs to become a pocket passer for this game, but I am saying he'll need to be ready to throw the ball in the turf without hesitation.

I hope he gets rid of it and I hope you are very wrong sir :)

No, if you want to get technical, the 'controversy' is the betting line. It is the prediction. And you've listed in three posts what self-interest the bookies have in setting the line. They couldn't care less who wins. They absolutely care where they set the line because, as you have mentioned, they have a vested interest in how the bets balance against the line.

They are not trying to predict the actual score; they are trying to align money so that they get more of it, and lose less of it.

Our resident USU visitor has referred to the line as an indicator of what the final score will be. You listed the reasons they're not neutral, while calling them neutral.

Actually, that's a myth, propagated in part by Vegas. Vegas rarely tries to "align money" for a "balanced" line. The reason is two-fold: first, they can almost never get even money on a game no matter how much they tried, as most games will have 60-70% of the money on just one side of the line anyway; secondly, they hate to move the line because it creates a risk they get "middled" by being able to lose both ways (for example, a line that moved from 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 could have them losing bets on both sides of many bets if the game finished on the 7 point margin). Vegas actually is trying to "predict" the score, and Vegas, very much has a vested interest in the outcome of a game like this one because they know 70% to 80% of the money will likely come in on Tennessee (as betters rarely bet the Utah State type teams in a game against a "public" team like Tennessee).

The reason for this spread is likely two fold: first, Vegas has liked Utah State for the last 2 years; second, Tennessee's recent woes, including "surprisingly" close games against some weaker opponents at home over the last several seasons.

I agree I think Vegas is mistaken; the main point is Utah State fans belief in a competitive match is not just cool-aid; it's a reflection of our recent woes and confirmed by Vegas bookies' beliefs about what those recent woes mean for this game. That is likely reinforced by a whole new line on both sides of the ball, a perceived dubious QB situation, and Utah State's more celebrated QB returning. Talent wise, as a whole, though, there is no way this game should be close.

I agree completely.

I don't think it's a major factor in the USU game though. Just got finished watching a lot of Youtube footage of them from the past couple of years. They will not punch you in the mouth up the middle. They seem to make their $$$ off of slow edges that lose contain, and a scrambling QB that gets secondaries out of position. That seems to be their MO.

They also seemed to live off of big plays, but often had little follow-up to big plays against the better competition.

I agree we match up very well against them.

I was just browsing the the USU forum, I still waiting to see Hicksaggie post again. He was 100% certain not only were they going to beat us, they were going to dominate us, probably around the score we actually beat them. If that is the best defense we are going to face this year, 13-0 and playoffs here we come.

I was just browsing the the USU forum, I still waiting to see Hicksaggie post again. He was 100% certain not only were they going to beat us, they were going to dominate us, probably around the score we actually beat them. If that is the best defense we are going to face this year, 13-0 and playoffs here we come.

"Hickaggie lied to us!"

Fellow aggie fan on their forum. I actually, seriously, feel bad for the section of their forum members that let him get them all riled up and overconfident. It's devastating. I know from experience.

Nooo...pretty sure he was a 42-0 prognosticator...was doing some time traveling on their PICK THE SCORE thread...I get a lot of their posters mixed up...kinda like they're in a cult. :alien:

"Hickaggie lied to us!"

Fellow aggie fan on their forum. I actually, seriously, feel bad for the section of their forum members that let him get them all riled up and overconfident. It's devastating. I know from experience.

I just heard that Jon Gruden is going to be our next head coach!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Can I make a friendly board bet?

If USU wins, I want a promise from the Moderators of this message board that this thread will not be locked.

If Tenn wins, I will donate 20 dollars to your alumni/athletic fund.

Deal?

Anyone seen this guy around, was wondering if his check had been written yet?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back