Congrats from a Marshall Fan

Herdfan84

Just wanted to say congratulations from not only a huge Marshall fan but a huge fan of Kim Caldwell. She brought excitement to women's basketball that Marshall hadn't seen in decades. If you like run and gun offense and relentless defense this coach is for you. I don't know if she will do the mass substitutions like she did with Marshall's team this year but honestly I can never remember seeing a coach substitute 5 players at a time every minute. The players seemed to know when to report into the game without being told. It was crazy. I am not so sure she will do this with a big time major program but it worked for her at MU. Anyway, I wish nothing but success for her and your program. Go Herd and Go Lady Vols.

Just wanted to say congratulations from not only a huge Marshall fan but a huge fan of Kim Caldwell. She brought excitement to women's basketball that Marshall hadn't seen in decades. If you like run and gun offense and relentless defense this coach is for you. I don't know if she will do the mass substitutions like she did with Marshall's team this year but honestly I can never remember seeing a coach substitute 5 players at a time every minute. The players seemed to know when to report into the game without being told. It was crazy. I am not so sure she will do this with a big time major program but it worked for her at MU. Anyway, I wish nothing but success for her and your program. Go Herd and Go Lady Vols.
Welcome to the board. Please don't think all.of us on here are idiots!

Thank you! We are glad to have Kim and sorry your program had to suffer the loss.

I am excited too.

BTW…The late Great Dean Smith used to do it at UNC MBB back in the day. He had his second 5 he called the blue team and they went in together and came out together.

I saw it as a young boy as almost all the UNC games were televised in North Carolina where I was born.

Welcome to the Vol Family and Volnation. The Harper fans are currently in mourning don’t take it personal as they will embrace Coach Kim.

Thanks everybody. We are used to losing coaches if they are successful. We lost Billy Donovan to Florida..... Dana Altman to Kansas St.(Now at Oregon)......Jim Donnan to Georgia just to name a few. The positive about losing a successful co ach means that you were winning a lot of games. Most Marshall fans realize that our programs are usually stepping stones just for the simple fact we can't compete with power 5 schools when it comes compensating coaches. We just have to reboot.

Thanks for your post. I am excited too for the run and gun offense and relentless defense. We should win games just by the style of play that other teams are not used to. (Note Heupel offense). She will need time to get her players but the transfer portal facilitates that.

Thanks everybody. We are used to losing coaches if they are successful. We lost Billy Donovan to Florida..... Dana Altman to Kansas St.(Now at Oregon)......Jim Donnan to Georgia just to name a few. The positive about losing a successful co ach means that you were winning a lot of games. Most Marshall fans realize that our programs are usually stepping stones just for the simple fact we can't compete with power 5 schools when it comes compensating coaches. We just have to reboot.
Thanks to you! I had forgotten about Donovan. Much as I hated the gators, his teams were a really, really well coached bunch. Kim will almost certainly have to modify her system a bit to deal with bigger, more athletic opponents, but I'm confident she has the smarts to do that.

You can have Kellie now that we're done with her.
She's going to wind up somewhere sooner than later.

Last edited:
Thank you for this!

I am excited too.

BTW…The late Great Dean Smith used to do it at UNC MBB back in the day. He had his second 5 he called the blue team and they went in together and came out together.

I saw it as a young boy as almost all the UNC games were televised in North Carolina where I was born.

Welcome to the Vol Family and Volnation. The Harper fans are currently in mourning don’t take it personal as they will embrace Coach Kim.

Are you old enough to remember watching UNC TV from Woolyn gym when there was one camera up in the rafters, no sound and a guy on the floor in a corner of the court flipping numbers to show the score? We had to listen to the great Ray Reeves on the radio. I'm talking Doug Moe, York Larese, Dick Moe's,, & Lee Shaffer...that was so awesome

Are you old enough to remember watching UNC TV from Woolyn gym when there was one camera up in the rafters, no sound and a guy on the floor in a corner of the court flipping numbers to show the score? We had to listen to the great Ray Reeves on the radio. I'm talking Doug Moe, York Larese, Dick Moe's,, & Lee Shaffer...that was so awesome
No bud, born in Greensboro in 65, I only go back to Carmichael. Woody was my guy on radio and Pilot Jefferson on TV

Thank You! Glad to have you as a Lady Vol fan too. You came here as a Kim Caldwell fan, but the BIG ORANGE will rub off on you.

Classy OP, thank you! I am concerned how constant rotation will attract the star players that want to pile up stats. Something I’m sure others will use against us in recruiting. Very impressed by CKC so far.
Do you want wins or stats? With wins come good stats. Wins produce stars. If you don't produce wins you're not going to have many stars.

VN Store

Back