Connor O'Gara on Finebaum says

If Tony Elliott got a raise and is staying at Clemson. Won't surprise me at all if it's Steele. I said early on if the NCAA violations are severe we may be 5 years and 2 coaches from recovering.
5 years? Keep dreaming. We're looking at 5 years minimum if DW lands a great head coach for us right now.

We need a complete reset. Continuing to do the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity. How many times are we gonna do this?? UT excels at making millionaires out of coaches who fail.

I just have memories of hiring Dooley when we should’ve made Kippy brown interim for a year while a suitable coach could be found.

All that said I hope White makes the best decision. He has a good track record, we just have to wait and see.

Kippy Brown for a year as interim would have made sense at that time. We were still a top 10 program at that time, and a top 10 job. We were a year removed from an SEC title appearance.

That is not the same situation we're in right now. Here's the problem with trying something different. There's nothing different to try. You fire the guy that sucks, and hire a guy until you hire the right guy.

That's the process, and we have continually sucked out loud at hiring the right guy.

I agree with you that I want to trust White, and I hope he has someone on the line that we don't know about. It would be easy for me to believe that most of the reporters around the program have no idea what's happening, because they don't have contacts with White or his people that he is using to help him with this search.

Lane is a figment it of your imagination. a dream of an exotic vacation you will never be able to take. stop it. it's not real.

freeze is in limbo, but i have no idea why, or what the deal is there. half the people say he's been given the green light, yet nobody will touch him.

I understand the integrity part and all but if nothing is left why not go after Freeze. The boat has sunk the rats are jumping and all we can worry about it what people think. I don't know about anybody else but we don't have anything left to worry about how we look anyways. I could understand if this was Auburn or Florida or Georgia someone with life to them yes Freeze would not be a good hire but us. We have had 9 losing season in the last 15 years and in trouble with the NCAA what the heck is left for Freeze to screw up if he was going to anyhow?
They should be all in on Freeze anyway. Any other program would be bringing nuns out of the woodwork to talk about how great Freeze is to Sankey and the NCAA. Plowman and Boyd threw a little money at it and hoped for the best. Looking like Neyland is going to be depressingly empty for a while.

Years later. It wasn't the next season. Oh, and he wasn't named interim because they were unable to hire a coach. He was named interim because their coach was forced to resign during the summer. That's a false equivalence. Their situation bears virtually no resemblance to ours. They also weren't trying to hire their sixth coach in 15 years.
Everything is spot on... although, Ole Miss fired five head coaches in 15 years. That is very similar to our situation here.

David Cutcliffe (2004)
Ed Orgeron (2005-2007)
Houston Nutt (2008-2011)
Hugh Freeze (2012-2016)
Matt Luke (2017-2019)

Doing nothing would be viewed much worse. At least Fisher has the NFL attached to his name and has a ton of experience running a football team...it’s something.

We will get a good head coach. People need to chill and let White do his job. Some around here think hiring a head football coach is easy. It’s not. Especially when you have only been on the job a week and things have transpired like they have.

We aren’t doing nothing. White is conducting this search like a professional. We TN fans aren’t use to that.

They should be all in on Freeze anyway. Any other program would be bringing nuns out of the woodwork to talk about how great Freeze is to Sankey and the NCAA. Plowman and Boyd threw a little money at it and hoped for the best. Looking like Neyland is going to be depressingly empty for a while.

We aren't serious about football at UT. We would rather hire a faux saint and be 6-6 than hire a competent coach who is just like 99.9% of the other coaches out there and complain why we can't become relevant anymore

VN Store

Back