Could Butch leave?

Strip is why we are getting so many good DL who are producing. He has put many into the NFL Quit talking out your butt. Now everyone knows about your stupid gibberish.

I would be interested in your comparison of Strip and MU's DL coach. Or... are you just talking out of your butt with stupid gibberish?

I don't think Stripling is a bad coach. But what Kuligowski has done is elite.

Reactions: 3 people
I would be interested in your comparison of Strip and MU's DL coach. Or... are you just talking out of your butt with stupid gibberish?

Sounds personal. Maybe his opinion of Strip approximates your admiration for MIZZOU's? If Stripling is considering retiring, I'd be onboard with your guy as a replacement, but if Kuligowski IS better it's not by a negligible enough margin to screw the great coach we already have...and Butch won't.

Reactions: 1 person
And volnation is stuck with you!

On topic Butch isn't leaving, JRM isn't leaving and Sutton isn’t leaving. Only seniors. To much hard work to get to where they're at and expectations coming next season.

If JRM and Sutton are projected as high picks, they're gone, and rightfully so. What they've done here means very little long term for them.

Fortunately, neither should be projected that highly and that's why they will likely return. If Sutton plays lights out these next two games, he will creep close to a high pick though.

Sluggo is the best d line coach in the country.

Only people that want Buch to leave are the idiot azz wipes that have turned this messageboard into a craphole with all the shizz that spews forth from their pea brain controlled mouths and/or keyboards

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
CBJ is the 23 highest paid coach (NCAA Football) in the nation. In order for him to leave for better pay, one of two things would need to happen, one of the 22 schools paying more than UT would have to get rid of their current coach, hire CBJ at that coaches current salary (not to mention a huge buy out-remember we bought out his old contract-paid 1.4million), or, a school not paying as much as the top 22 spots would have to step up their salary/bonus program, buy out CBJ's contract, and become one of the top 22. In the real world, not the fan boys world, I do not see that happening-now or ever. CBJ is not a great coach. How many years is he going to rely on "The program was bad when I took it over, brick by brick....."?? That time must come to an end, some day.

If JRM and Sutton are projected as high picks, they're gone, and rightfully so. What they've done here means very little long term for them.

Fortunately, neither should be projected that highly and that's why they will likely return. If Sutton plays lights out these next two games, he will creep close to a high pick though.

I think your crazy. Sutton will be a first round pick. Second at the latest. JRM will be a second round to third round based on his size. May have to move back to Safety.

I think your crazy. Sutton will be a first round pick. Second at the latest. JRM will be a second round to third round based on his size. May have to move back to Safety.

JRM is a fast NFL linebacker...would be a slow safety.

As a junior, second and third round picks aren't that high. Sutton is not a first rounder at the moment.

Oh, my bad. I am wrong. Butch did sniff an opportunity for it this year but botched it royally.

Thanks for allowing me to correct myself.

so you think tennessee 3 years ago and florida this year is comparable to eachother talent and depth wise? florida has been at or near the top of the sec, recruiting wise, for about the past 10 years. the two situations aren't even close as far as how stocked the pantry was coming in.

so you think tennessee 3 years ago and florida this year is comparable to eachother talent and depth wise? florida has been at or near the top of the sec, recruiting wise, for about the past 10 years. the two situations aren't even close as far as how stocked the pantry was coming in.

Good Lord, let go of the excuses of how bare our roster was several years ago. That's not the case this year where we were better than UF both in talent and depth. This was the weakest UF team in many, many years and we still found a way to botch it.

"Empty cupboard" excuse is null and void now. Find another excuse why we wet the bed and come up short.

Reactions: 2 people
Needs more weight to be an NFL linebacker. At least that is my opinion. Hope he makes it for sure

Heavier now than Derrick Brooks and Jessie Armstead were as rookies. :hi:

Good Lord, let go of the excuses of how bare our roster was several years ago. That's not the case this year where we were better than UF both in talent and depth. This was the weakest UF team in many, many years and we still found a way to botch it.

"Empty cupboard" excuse is null and void now. Find another excuse why we wet the bed and come up short.

that's fine and dandy...but did you actually read my response or just go straight "F-butch" mode as soon as you saw the word depth. i'm not comparing the two teams today but rather butch's first year to mcelwain's first year and the fact that florida has more talent and depth this year 2015 than butch had his first year 2013.... but i guess you took that in the direction of your agenda. and yes the pantry is more full today than it has been, but it still needs more in there. if you really think counting on freshman and sophmores for serious contributions is quality depth, especially along the lines, you're nuts. it'll be quality depth when we can actually redshirt some of these kids instead of throwing them into the fire out of necessity and getting pissed they aren't producing all sec numbers.

that's fine and dandy...but did you actually read my response or just go straight "F-butch" mode as soon as you saw the word depth. i'm not comparing the two teams today but rather butch's first year to mcelwain's first year and the fact that florida has more talent and depth this year 2015 than butch had his first year 2013.... but i guess you took that in the direction of your agenda. and yes the pantry is more full today than it has been, but it still needs more in there. if you really think counting on freshman and sophmores for serious contributions is quality depth, especially along the lines, you're nuts. it'll be quality depth when we can actually redshirt some of these kids instead of throwing them into the fire out of necessity and getting pissed they aren't producing all sec numbers.

I certainly read your response but you contradict yourself so much. I agree with you that McElwain had more to work with his 1st year more so than Butch's 1st yr; HOWEVER, Butch is in his 3rd yr (YEAR 3!!!) and clearly has more talent/depth than McElwain has and could not get it done. Plus UF's OL was considerably weaker and less talented than ours with less depth and where are they headed... ATLANTA!

1. Butch is a great recruiter = Fact
2. Butch has increased our wins each year = Fact
3. Butch has caused us losses that should have been wins due to poor coaching = Fact

Either # 2 or # 3 will be the prevailing trend going forward. Cannot sustain both over time.

It is my belief that # 3 will prevail. He's got to beat team's that are worth a damn, not just the should of's. Yes, UGA was a nice win against a divisional rival but you gotta admit that it's a bit of a lackluster win on a national scale due to how pathetic UGA was. Was bigger for our team's psyche than it was noticed outside the state of TN.

2016 is THE YEAR that will prove whether Butch is cut out for the SEC. No excuses, not even the "empty cupboard". IMHO he has to win the East outright and at least play for the SECCG. I would project that we would be ranked in the top 12 if that were to happen, definitely top 15.

Anything less then Butch has reached his ceiling and we should cut bait. To each his own but JMHO.

Reactions: 2 people

I would not change what is working very well. Best DL recruiting and performance since 90's. If he retired in his own that would be one thing. To fire him would make anyone to question working for Jones and UT. Now go back to the potty.

I certainly read your response but you contradict yourself so much. I agree with you that McElwain had more to work with his 1st year more so than Butch's 1st yr; HOWEVER, Butch is in his 3rd yr (YEAR 3!!!) and clearly has more talent/depth than McElwain has and could not get it done. Plus UF's OL was considerably weaker and less talented than ours with less depth and where are they headed... ATLANTA!

1. Butch is a great recruiter = Fact
2. Butch has increased our wins each year = Fact
3. Butch has caused us losses that should have been wins due to poor coaching = Fact

Either # 2 or # 3 will be the prevailing trend going forward. Cannot sustain both over time.

It is my belief that # 3 will prevail. He's got to beat team's that are worth a damn, not just the should of's. Yes, UGA was a nice win against a divisional rival but you gotta admit that it's a bit of a lackluster win on a national scale due to how pathetic UGA was. Was bigger for our team's psyche than it was noticed outside the state of TN.

2016 is THE YEAR that will prove whether Butch is cut out for the SEC. No excuses, not even the "empty cupboard". IMHO he has to win the East outright and at least play for the SECCG. I would project that we would be ranked in the top 12 if that were to happen, definitely top 15.

Anything less then Butch has reached his ceiling and we should cut bait. To each his own but JMHO.

contradict myself? what the hell are you smoking? I like how you skated over what I was really talking about to go back to your own argument. I was never talking about the two teams today and excuses for this year... now let's see how much can you misinterpret in those 4 sentences.

VN Store

Back