Could the conspiracy theorists be right?

The fact that the SEC pays no rent for its offices in Birmingham is a conflict of interest. If they are located in any of the SEC states, they should pay the market rental rate.

Anyone who doesn't think the referees aren't favoring Alabama didn't watch the Ole Miss game. Whether it's a conspiracy or just the belief that Alabama is a better coached team and therefore shouldn't be penalized as often is open for discussion.

The most damning evidence of referee corruption is a video gif of a first down spot. It was in favor of Bama (big surprise) against Auburn. The ref is spotting the ball and inches his foot closer to the first down as he looks behind him to see the marker.

The gif was posted in another thread a few weeks ago. If someone knows how to post gifs, it really needs to be posted again in this thread.

The most damning evidence of referee corruption is a video gif of a first down spot. It was in favor of Bama (big surprise) against Auburn. The ref is spotting the ball and inches his foot closer to the first down as he looks behind him to see the marker.

The gif was posted in another thread a few weeks ago. If someone knows how to post gifs, it really needs to be posted again in this thread.

It was against Ole Miss, and he wound up getting the spot correct. The gifs never include what he did before that.

It was against Ole Miss, and he wound up getting the spot correct. The gifs never include what he did before that.

You sure?. My auburn friend said it was against aurburn.

How could the call be correct? Referee's foot is supposed to mark the spot and he is moving it?

Last edited:
You sure?. My auburn friend said it was against aurburn.

How could the call be correct? Referee's foot is supposed to mark the spot and he is moving it?

It was Ole Miss.

And the Bama player got to the stick. The play ended right along the sideline, and that same ref immediately signalled for the clock to stop. When he stepped onto the field, he didn't walk a straight line, and wound up marking it back. It looked funny on TV, but if you watch the whole thing, he got it right.

It was Ole Miss.

And the Bama player got to the stick. The play ended right along the sideline, and that same ref immediately signalled for the clock to stop. When he stepped onto the field, he didn't walk a straight line, and wound up marking it back. It looked funny on TV, but if you watch the whole thing, he got it right.

I'm sure you think so. In every other game, the ref marks it with his foot. But not this time and it was right. No use arguing about it. Someone needs to post the gif. It speaks for itself. I believe it was in the thread about officiating in the USA game.

I'm sure you think so. In every other game, the ref marks it with his foot. But not this time and it was right. No use arguing about it. Someone needs to post the gif. It speaks for itself. I believe it was in the thread about officiating in the USA game.

He did mark it with his foot, he just marked it wrong.

Bama rarely if ever gets a holding penalty called. It's as if the refs think they're the best Oline to ever play the game.

If I understood Rocky Goode (SEC lackey?) correctly on the SA, he first said that it was not an illegal substitution, then later when talking about possible rule changes, said that the Ref's should have stood over the ball to allow the defense to adjust. He said that was required by the rules.

I disagree that UT can't do anything, but I understand where you're coming from, so I'll leave that alone.

The interesting thing to me, in this particular instance, is that I cannot figure out what they would have been discussing at that moment. The personal foul they called was fairly obvious. If they were getting a second opinion on whether an ejection was warranted, then that appears to have worked out in UT's favor.

If the entity in charge of investigating is the entity being investigated and share the same motives nothing can be done.
What if the person on the other end had called for an ejection thern it would not have worked out so well for UT. The point is, the mystery man should not have been involved in the first place.

If the entity in charge of investigating is the entity being investigated and share the same motives nothing can be done.
What if the person on the other end had called for an ejection thern it would not have worked out so well for UT. The point is, the mystery man should not have been involved in the first place.

What if they hadn't talked to the mystery man and had ejected the player?

Solely on principle, I agree with you. In this specific instance, it strikes me as really odd because it wasn't like it was an iffy call. The foul itself was really obvious. And I have no idea if they were discussing an ejection or not. They could have been discussing what they were bringing to next week's potluck for all I know.

What if they hadn't talked to the mystery man and had ejected the player?

Solely on principle, I agree with you. In this specific instance, it strikes me as really odd because it wasn't like it was an iffy call. The foul itself was really obvious. And I have no idea if they were discussing an ejection or not. They could have been discussing what they were bringing to next week's potluck for all I know.

Which is wrong! They should not discuss potlucks during the football game.

If we new about every shady thing that officials do in college football it would probably make us throw up:sick:. I have no doubt that some are corrupt, and some of them are probably gamblers. I also know that there are some good officials out there that are doing their best. Unfortunately it only takes one of the former to screw things up.

The substitution rule, as it pertains to a vacancy, only applies to the period between downs. Look up the definition of "substitution" in the rule book. It is the first sentence of the section. Which is why, like I said, this tactic can only be used on the very first play of a drive or coming out of a timeout. From there, the rule is only that he gets onto the field between the numbers, and then gets set before the snap.

Reading through this thread, I have two observations - 1.Bama has never, ever done anything that could possibly be considered circumventing rules - that just isn't done at that school and especially with Kiffin now there, it most definitely won't happen! [sarcasm meter registering "high"..
2. If Butch had done the same thing, what are the odds that a flag would have been thrown? Yeah, we must be sure and protect our teams that have a shot at the playoffs....

2. If Butch had done the same thing, what are the odds that a flag would have been thrown? Yeah, we must be sure and protect our teams that have a shot at the playoffs....

You want odds on a purely hypothetical scenario stemming from some kind of victim complex?

Had UT done the same thing, they absolutely should not have gotten penalized for it. The rule isn't as ambiguous as some on here are trying to paint it.

Reading through this thread, I have two observations - 1.Bama has never, ever done anything that could possibly be considered circumventing rules - that just isn't done at that school and especially with Kiffin now there, it most definitely won't happen! [sarcasm meter registering "high"..

I believe it. Greed and power is the sec and bammer. Bammer(especially with saban) gets the breaks with the officials. We can see it with our very eyes.

So you had a headset as well? You previously said that only the officials had them! You lied!

Not in this case. Being a Bama fan, I'm in tight with all of the officials, and I get invited to various events somewhat frequently.

It really makes you wonder sometimes. I remember the Georgia game when the player called for a fair catch on the punt right in front of an official and they didn't call a penalty after he took off running. That was a very obvious call they they let go.

I was at the game and aghast that wasn't called. There were several very questionable calls that game. At one point it became obvious to me the refs were clearly on Georgia's side.

If people don't think $$$$$$$$$$$ doesn't influence games they need to wake up. SEC wants AL & FL at the top of the standings and in the championship game every year. They let FL score with no time on the clock, not once but twice. Muschump is so bad SEC refs cannot help him. Read the book the "fix is in" it's like taking the blue pill and opening your eyes.

Last edited:
If people don't think $$$$$$$$$$$ doesn't influence games they need to wake up. SEC wants AL & FL at the top of the standings and in the championship game every year. They let FL score with no time on the clock, not once but twice. Muschump is so bad SEC refs cannot help him. Read the book the "fix is in" it's like taking the blue pill and opening your eyes.

Money influence justice system, politics, big businesses, better believe $ influence the big biz of sec and they will try to fix it so
they can get teams in for sure. Greed and power ruined all sports!

VN Store

Back