CP3 signs with Las Vegas Aces

Yep- along with Chelsea Gray running the point. Her and Candace already won a ship together, so the chemistry is there. Also, Becky Hammon is a really, really good coach! Sheesh!
The best thing about Parker (unlike, say, Tina Charles or Liz Cambage) is that she doesn't need to be THE show. She'll play whatever role is needed to win.

The best thing about Parker (unlike, say, Tina Charles or Liz Cambage) is that she doesn't need to be THE show. She'll play whatever role is needed to win.

Exactly. As a 16-year vet and 2x champ, it's a perfect role for her. She shouldn't have to carry a team.

It wouldn't shock me if she averaged close to a double-double in rebounds and assists.

This 100%. She had no problem transitioning into a different role in Chicago and the team thrived with her there. Everywhere she goes she wins. Vegas is a perfect fit since they’re really good at the other 4 positions and Candace’s ability to operate from the perimeter should pair extremely well alongside Wilson who does best without a teammate clogging the post. I hope she wins another title this year but hope she continues playing. She’s still an elite level player (1st Team All-WNBA last year) and hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down.

This is insaneeee! UCONN Twitter is madddddd!
Wait. What? People are mad at a pro bball player for choosing a new team out of free agency? Entitled much? I get that UConn fans sports hate everything about CP but wtf biz of theirs is this? Don't pro athletes everywhere do this all the time?

Also, congrats LVFL Nikki Fargas! I'm gonna give the WNBA another try and follow the Aces this summer.

Last edited:
Candace could easily play another 2-3 years in a supporting role in Vegas if she wants to. A’ja is a STAR and has great players around her in Plum/Young/Gray and now Candace. This could be the next Lynx/Comets type situation. UCONN Twitter is mad because they thought getting JJ/Sloot/Stewie to NY was something… but the Aces have now gotten Candace Parker/Alysha Clark/Amanda Zahui B? That team is loaded 1-8 AND all of the players play both sides of the ball…

This is a pretty huge deal. Combined with Hamby's case, Vegas might be in some deep doo-doo.

I think the league will look the other way. There is so much buzz about the Aces vs. Liberty superteam match up that they wouldn;t want to kill the golden goose before it is hatched. Plus WNBA salaries, even under the new bargaining agreement are still crap, so let the players get a little extra under the table.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Gawd how I hope Nikki isn't behind any seriously bad dealings that could cost her that respected position. 😢 While I suspect "under-the-table" negotiations and deals have been going on across the league for nearly as long as it has existed, I can't say I'm not worried that Fargas might be the first major figure in the league to be exposed for doing it and then suffer serious consequences. Hopefully the investigation clears her and the Aces of any serious wrongdoing, but if not, then it is what it is and they'll just have to pay the piper.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Gawd how I hope Nikki isn't behind any seriously bad dealings that could cost her that respected position. 😢 While I suspect "under-the-table" negotiations and deals have been going on across the league for nearly as long as it has existed, I can't say I'm not worried that Fargas might be the first major figure in the league to be exposed for doing it and then suffer serious consequences. Hopefully the investigation clears her and the Aces of any serious wrongdoing, but if not, then it is what it is and they'll just have to pay the piper.
SECN has Nicki on the set tonight. I guess that tells us where Disney stands. 😘
..and by the way, they dropped Longhorns and Sooners to join SEC news tonight also…nothing to see here…

Last edited:

VN Store

Back