Crazy perspective on our schedule

Nobody in College football has to play Alabama and Georgia every season except us. The pathway to the playoffs is exponentially harder than any team in FBS specifically-say...TCU. Tack on Florida who has only just recently sucked. Georgia plays Bama every 15 years. Please don't mistake this for whining, it's real. Not like Bama still blaming the refs...now THAT is whining.

Edit: Auburn.. Sorry Barners, I forgot - you have to play them as well. Feel your pain brother!

Nobody in College football has to play Alabama and Georgia every season except us. The pathway to the playoffs is exponentially harder than any team in FBS specifically-say...TCU. Tack on Florida who has only just recently sucked. Georgia plays Bama every 15 years. Please don't mistake this for whining, it's real. Not like Bama still blaming the refs...now THAT is whining.

Edit: Auburn.. Sorry Barners, I forgot - you have to play them as well. Feel your pain brother!
Going to come a time that Ga and bumma echo our complaints. I can see puppies now complaining they have to play Tennessee every year.

Only one of these was at home. I honestly don't think there are more than a few teams that go 11-2 with our schedule

View attachment 530523

Best teams were Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee by far... the TCU win over Michigan in conjunction with the Georgia thumping of TCU negates everyone in BIG 10. I think the PAC was better than the BIG10 and BIG12. So, rounding out the top 10 I see Washington, Utah, USC, TCU,KSU, Michigan and OSU. Get out of here with Tulame and Penn St.

The playoff committee punished us for making Spencer Rattler relevant again............

Watching that game unfold was like a bad dream.....They could do nothing wrong, while our guys struggled at almost everything we did....

That game was like toilet paper on our shoe....
rattler-1.jpg

Only one of these was at home. I honestly don't think there are more than a few teams that go 11-2 with our schedule

View attachment 530523
I think maybe Ohio State and that’s it if you take Bama and UGA out since they were in the schedule. If you’re just going by rankings and not teams they would be the only other 2 teams that could.

Auburn has a brutal schedule about every year. On top of UGA, Bama, LSU and the rest of the West every year they usually schedule a decent to good Power 5 non conference opponent as well.

Best teams were Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee by far... the TCU win over Michigan in conjunction with the Georgia thumping of TCU negates everyone in BIG 10. I think the PAC was better than the BIG10 and BIG12. So, rounding out the top 10 I see Washington, Utah, USC, TCU,KSU, Michigan and OSU. Get out of here with Tulame and Penn St.
Bro you can't honestly believe that OSU is negated. They should have beat UGA. However, nobody in the country would have beat UGA the night they curb stomped TCU. can't stand UGA just being realistic

And while I'm old school and cherish the 3rd saturday tradition, I don't think it needs to remain a permanent game any longer. With OU and ut joining the league, I think we need a method of rotating teams on and off the schedule with Bama being one of them.

I think when the sooners and longhorns join sec, that will be a thing if the past, everyone will want revenue from bama and Georgia games

We will always have one of the tougher schedules with Bama, Georgia, Florida and the rotating West opponent we've always caught on a good year in the past. I'd like to see them switch it up once Texas and Oklahoma come in at least for a bit. We're good again but it's only been one year of that so it would be great to have a couple cupcake schedule years like Georgia is benefitting from so we can start loading up. The Bama and A&M games looming large for next year. Hoping A&M sucks again but they've hired Petrino to be their OC so they will most likely be improved. At least we get them at home.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Bro you can't honestly believe that OSU is negated. They should have beat UGA. However, nobody in the country would have beat UGA the night they curb stomped TCU. can't stand UGA just being realistic

I can't stand the Big 10. Fine, put OSU at 9. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Watching that game unfold was like a bad dream.....They could do nothing wrong, while our guys struggled at almost everything we did....

That game was like toilet paper on our shoe....
rattler-1.jpg

I like the shoe analogy. I liken it to driving up to your house and it's fully engulfed in flames. That burned down the playoffs, and if you count Hooker's ACL tear, your pet was in the house as it burned. What a bad night. Kinda puts a taint on the orange helmets, doesn't it??

And while I'm old school and cherish the 3rd saturday tradition, I don't think it needs to remain a permanent game any longer. With OU and ut joining the league, I think we need a method of rotating teams on and off the schedule with Bama being one of them.
When it became ‘not a rivalry’ ie we had about a 50/50 chance of winning it, which we did, it probably should’ve fallen off as our rival team we annually play from a different division lol but that may be how Kentucky and Vandy feel about us (nah, that’s them and every team, and they are actually in our division, unlike Bama) lol

VN Store

Back