Crowd for Vandy game

TWVol

TWVol
Just wondering what kind of crowd you all expect for the Vandy game. I have not been since before my 5 year old son was born, but I bought a couple of tickets last week and was thinking of making it his first Vols game, but I just worry the crowd/noise will be too much for him. I welcome any advice you all have about taking a kid that young to the game. Thanks!

Just wondering what kind of crowd you all expect for the Vandy game. I have not been since before my 5 year old son was born, but I bought a couple of tickets last week and was thinking of making it his first Vols game, but I just worry the crowd/noise will be too much for him. I welcome any advice you all have about taking a kid that young to the game. Thanks!

It won't be super loud, it's Vandy and the energy will be a little lower. I don't feel like the crowd ever gets raucous for Vanderbilt. A lot more talking and a lot less "MAKE NOISE ON DEFENSE" moments.

That said, if you're going to take him, I encourage that you take earplugs in case the crowd gets into yelling on defense, or cheering touchdowns. Even 10-15 seconds of 110-ish decibel noise can damage hearing for the rest of your life. So, I'd just say take some earplugs and be aware of what the crowd is doing. If adults don't want to worry about it, hey, they're adults, it's on them. But a child isn't old enough to understand what "permanent hearing damage" means, and they can't make that decision for themselves. You have to make it for them.

Also, don't get cheap ones. Get some good ones - the Moldex Pura-Fits for example. It's not actually 33db of reduction, but it's probably good enough for Vanderbilt.

moldex.png

Last edited:
It won't be super loud, it's Vandy and the energy will be a little lower. I don't feel like the crowd ever gets racous for Vanderbilt. A lot more talking and a lot less "MAKE NOISE ON DEFENSE" moments.

That said, if you're going to take him, I encourage that you take earplugs in case the crowd gets into yelling on defense, or cheering touchdowns. Even 10-15 seconds of 110-ish decibel noise can damage hearing for the rest of your life. So, I'd just say take some earplugs and be aware of what the crowd is doing. If adults don't want to worry about it, hey, they're adults, it's on them. But a child isn't old enough to understand what "permanent hearing damage" means, and they can't make that decision for themselves. You have to make it for them.

Also, don't get cheap ones. Get some good ones - the Moldex Pura-Fits for example. It's not actually 33db of reduction, but it's probably good enough for Vanderbilt.

View attachment 596885
Macks. Super comfy and effective.

I'd expect a solid crowd with a lot of enthusiasm. Pretty sure they want to have a strong sendoff for this senior class.

I’d expect 85,000 and a fairly quiet crown once the Vols get up big in the 2nd quarter. It will be pretty sparse crown midway through 3rd. As far noise, should be fairly quiet compared to other games when we something to play for. . I’m counting on taking my kids, expecting to get offered free tickets . I usually get the offer for lesser opponents, so I’m sure it will happen this week. I’ll gladly go. Saturdays in Neyland are precious.

It won’t be too crazy. You’ll get to watch us whip their ass and see Nico play. Win/win

Reactions: TWVol
Right now, looking to be around 55 at game time. Dropping to low 40s

I would guess 85k or so. Big cheers for the seniors and through the first quarter.

People will start dipping out when the temp starts dropping. After halftime can probably choose your seats.

When my kids were young we used the noise-canceling earmuffs, worked well

1700495781974.jpeg

I'll be there and loud for the Seniors. While this season wasn't the most ideal, the direction these Seniors have put us on in just a couple of years, deserves it.

Being frustrated with 8-4 is an absolute dream compared to not long ago. Took a lot of questionable calls, missed opportunities, and bad injuries, to end up with an 8 win season. I'll take that over Pruitt, Butch, and Dooley any day.

Go Big Orange!

I have a dumb question about senior day ...

Will all seniors by eligibilty be announced, or will it be just the ones that have told coach they are moving on? Seems like some of them would not even have decided yet what they are gonna do. ???

Had season tickets for years in the 70s...80s...90's. It was our annual tradition for all of us to make the Vandy game home and away. It was just something we did...Leave on Friday or late Friday night after a high school playoff game if we were still in the playoffs..party...tailgate...game and party some more. Sat at the games in all kinds of weather home and away...sun...rain...cold..cold rain...spitting snow a could of times....windy! Wind was so bad at Vandy one game and I was sitting down the line where we were kicking a extra point after a TD and the ball got just past the LOS and it just hoovered in mid air....It was like time was standing still.

Hopefully it is a full loud stadium. The coaches and players have earned it, even though this season hasnt been close to last season or a little underwhelming. These seniors preserved through some pretty crappy circumstances early on at UT and worked to turn it around.

Huge appreciation for our Seniors.

I have a dumb question about senior day ...

Will all seniors by eligibilty be announced, or will it be just the ones that have told coach they are moving on? Seems like some of them would not even have decided yet what they are gonna do. ???
I think in years past it’s by who’s a traditional senior. So Cooper Mays, for example, will be announced even though I believe he has a year of eligibility left. Most of those who have eligibility probably haven’t even come close to making a decision, at least the ones like Mays who may have NFL potential (keyword being may).

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
85K people can still be pretty loud.
The noise-cancelling muffs or something would be a great idea.
Protect his hearing.
The noise will be pretty exciting, probably, since the crowd will be on the side of his team.

85,000 to 95,000.

I would think with those two offenses, cheering will be at a minimum.

I would dress him warm in case it is cold and you stay the whole game. I took my little guy to a game in Oct when he was like 7 (He is now 30) and I bought a bunch of the Hot Hands warmers and stuffed them in his pockets, coat, wherever I could and he was warm. He turned out to be hard core VOL. My pride and joy.

VN Store

Back