Darren Hietner NIL lawyer

Volteacher

I was watching Finebaum today and he had a NIL lawyer and law professor at Miami and was saying that Tennessee’s case against NCAA not anywhere close to a slam dunk case and that their arguments in a federal court based on the evidence the NCAA has a case and could lay the hammer on Tennessee but…….

Litigation could take up to 2 years and even more if it is appealed and that they NCAA would not lay the hammer because they don’t want all the bad publicity.

Just good for thought…..

I was watching Finebaum today and he had a NIL lawyer and law professor at Miami and was saying that Tennessee’s case against NCAA not anywhere close to a slam dunk case and that their arguments in a federal court based on the evidence the NCAA has a case and could lay the hammer on Tennessee but…….

Litigation could take up to 2 years and even more if it is appealed and that they NCAA would not lay the hammer because they don’t want all the bad publicity.

Just good for thought…..
Considering there seems to be no evidence behind anything and the people that know at UT have outright called the NCAA liars, and considering that some random guy from Miami will have as much (or less) information as all of us, I call BS.

Just good for thought…..
There is no conceivable way the NCAA wins in a court of law. NCAA will be lucky if it’s an entity by the time all of this plays out.

Just good for thought…..
Lost me at "I was watching Finebaum..."

There is no conceivable way the NCAA wins in a court of law. NCAA will be lucky if it’s an entity by the time all of this plays out.

Agree. Remember when UNC's Tez Walker's was denied eligibility just last season? The NCAA suddenly reversed course when they "received new information". What was that new information? That they were about to get dragged into federal court. And granting Walker's eligibility didn't prevent legal action anyway. North Carolina's AG filed a lawsuit in December that has now been joined by the Justice Department and nine other states. The NCAA will cease to exist maybe even sooner than anyone thinks possible.

The only real question is who will be the keystone in the avalanche, the first school to say enough with this BS, let's do our own thing. Maybe that's what we're seeing with Tennessee.

JMO,

I don't believe he or any of us understand the direct allegations at this point. We are basing speculation on the NYT article and other comments. But no where, that I've seen, is there a statement of the allegations.

Right now, we are at the point of when we first heard about the FB issues back in 2020. At that time, the talk was 18-19 violations. When Plowman had PC to fire Pruitt, she stated (if I recall correctly) over 40 violations. When the NCAA provided the NOA, there were more violations in the report than either of the previous statements I made.

So we don't know right now anything regarding the allegations that the NCAA is sitting on. Reports in general state multiple NIL violations across multiple programs at Tennessee. What does that mean?

How many violations? How many different programs? How many athletes? How many outside the athletic department involved? When did they occur? What rules were violated?

There is a lot we don't know and neither does that gentleman. Of course, we are going to hear a ton of rumors over the next several months and maybe years. .

Other schools will resort to negative recruiting and perception sells. Also, I can hear the media now blaming the “investigation” for TN players hitting the transfer portal after spring practice.

None of us have any idea what’s happened behind the scenes, but I don’t think this publicity is good for our program.

It seems like we always receive bad news once our program begins to have an upward trajectory. Frustrating!

Just good for thought…..
Umm, Spyre is loaded with lawyers.

JMO,

I don't believe he or any of us understand the direct allegations at this point. We are basing speculation on the NYT article and other comments. But no where, that I've seen, is there a statement of the allegations.

Right now, we are at the point of when we first heard about the FB issues back in 2020. At that time, the talk was 18-19 violations. When Plowman had PC to fire Pruitt, she stated (if I recall correctly) over 40 violations. When the NCAA provided the NOA, there were more violations in the report than either of the previous statements I made.

So we don't know right now anything regarding the allegations that the NCAA is sitting on. Reports in general state multiple NIL violations across multiple programs at Tennessee. What does that mean?

How many violations? How many different programs? How many athletes? How many outside the athletic department involved? When did they occur? What rules were violated?

There is a lot we don't know and neither does that gentleman. Of course, we are going to hear a ton of rumors over the next several months and maybe years. .
The NC2A hasn’t issued the notice of allegations but stated TN is under investigation centered around NIL. Plowman stated the allegations are extreme (I am paraphrasing), including lack of institutional control.

Edit -
There will be “expert attorneys” on both sides of the coin:

1. TN could be in hot water and fans should be concerned.
Or
2. NC2A doesn’t have a case so UT shouldn’t be concerned.

Last edited:
I also heard this guy on Finebaum, he was not attacking TN or defending NCAA, just stating a legal opinion so if you didn't see him, to write him off as a Finebaum hack is simply not accurate. He just stated the NCAA is basically not a toothless tiger to be dismissed. As LWSVOL said above, not enough is known about anything to determine who is right or wrong. Not enough is known to be nervous or to feel okay at this point.

Just good for thought…..
I was not impressed by that guy and I don't think Paul was either he kind of scooted him out of the interview. Way too early to even know how this 2 to 5 year ordeal will play out.

Just good for thought…..

But, President Donde said the evidence was false, so how would a lawyer without any inside info make that claim?

I don’t think the AG is trying to make a case on whether UT did anything wrong or not.

It appears they are going to argue that NCAA has no say over what athletes make and if you want to go back to the 9-0 SCOTUS, we got the time and money to do it.

The first step is to get an injunction to keep the NCAA off UT back and then wait till Justice Kavanaugh gets a chance to tell NCAA, I have already told you once you have no say over player NIL.

Just good for thought…..
Finebaum? What's next....a Bastupido caller?

The NC2A hasn’t issued the notice of allegations but stated TN is under investigation centered around NIL. Plowman stated the allegations are extreme (I am paraphrasing), including lack of institutional control.

There will be “expert attorneys” who say TN could be in hot water to the NC2A not having a case.

right on release. Could be a year or more before they do.. Why all my questions... We can speculate until the then on what is involved and what might happen. :)

In 8 years, after they finish their investigation, and half of them are dead from old age, and they figure out what to do about Michigan, lsu, Kansas, unc, auburn, and so on, they'll release a statement informing us nico can't play at tennessee anymore after he's won his second super bowl with the Miami dolphins. So yes.

I heard Tenn's Attorney General on the Clay/Buck talk show and he seemed pretty confident that the NCAA is out of bounds. Our defense centers around anti-trust laws among a host of other issues. And I think Tenn AD and staff getting out firm on fighting this will help keep from losing players.

VN Store

Back