Darrin Kirkland emerges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyemt_p View Post
His dad is a big booster.

Total hogwash...if the Haslam's had a walk-on it wouldn't get em playing time. Silly conspiracy crap. :glare:

What if a Dooley had a walk on?

Some people want to turn everything into a Butch hate fest. It's pathetic. He's a true frosh and didn't adequately understand the defense early on.

There is a difference between criticism and flat out bias. To me this is certainly the latter. And it is pathetic...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yeah Jumper getting beat beat he stole something. He was ready for florida. No since in crying over spilled milk at least Kirkland is a baller. GBO beat candy!

Is Kirkland this year's Barnett?

Wouldn't go quite that far. He's been solid and is certainly emerging, but he hasn't burst onto the scene this year quite like Derek did last year IMO. Should be awfully good going forward though.

With Kirkland's emergence, we could have the best LB tandem in the SEC next year with JRM.

I agree. This is the most talent we've had at LB in a long time. JRM is on his way to the top. If Bates steps up and plays to his potential, the future at LB is going to be down right scary to opposing offenses. I'm not counting out Austin Smith to make a challenge for one of the starting spots either. Has anyone heard anything on Quart'e Sapp?

Last edited:
Yeah Jumper getting beat beat he stole something. He was ready for florida. No since in crying over spilled milk at least Kirkland is a baller. GBO beat candy!
Seems like each time I focused on Jumper during a play he was either being the recipient of a road grader type block being taken out of the picture on my tv screen or falling with a full body extension reaching empty handed as someone scooted by untouched. That the staff somehow thought he should have been on the field at all puzzled me then and now. He was better than air but only because he did tie a blocker up being taken out of the play but that's about it. When air plays LB almost as good as you, time for a new LB. Thank goodness Kirkland emerged and was up to it.

Jumper didn't look ready either.

I could understand if Jumper was a veteran, savvy, upper classman, but he wasn't. I think if Bynum had been left there to groom the position, UT winS either Florida or OU.
MLB shortcomings played major roles in losing those leads.

When the Vols defense is really On, they are as much or more fun to watch than the offense, no?

I wonder how many people complaining about Jumper starting at the beginning of the season also complained about Worley over Dobbs and then turned around and complained about Dobbs accuracy issues this year?

No one outside the team has ever complained about this staff allowing too much information about the team to get out.

I'm guessing Jumper understood schemes a bit better than DK at the beginning of the season. Once the light came on - it was game over for Jumper.

VN Store

Back