Dave Hart

He's doing ok, I'm not calling for his head or anything like some. Wasn't a fan of how long the football coaching search dragged out, especially given that he should've had a good idea months ahead of time a move was coming.

If whites the guy I'll feel better, if he turns us down and we end up with Will Wade my confidence will drop significantly.

I really think he was hoping Dooley would beat Vandy and he'd be able to keep him another year. That's actually my biggest concern with him, he's actually very reluctant to make coaching changes.

Reactions: 1 person
I really think he was hoping Dooley would beat Vandy and he'd be able to keep him another year. That's actually my biggest concern with him, he's actually very reluctant to make coaching changes.

Well yea that would worry me more than the actual search lol

Sure he does. But he's not quite the athletic boogie man that he gets portrayed as.

Most of this is Kid's stuff anyway. Sometimes he seems out of place at athletic events or uncomfortable is the best way to put it.

There is clearly something that is keeping schools away from howland. It has to be more then he is a jerk. You don't have his resume and not get picked up by somebody at some point.

Dave is a Bammer plant. He doesn't give two craps about basketball and he wants the UT program to improve but not overtake Bama - helps the Tahd with their RPI.

I know I am going to get blasted for this but I don't care. DH has been nothing but spectacular since taking over.

you MUST be joking right? CBJ has a 5-7 football team and DH letting a Sweet-16 coach walk away because you're not man enough to come out publicly with support in February/March when the team was struggling? Dave Hart is a bama moron and needs to be fired TODAY. #FireDaveHart

There is clearly something that is keeping schools away from howland. It has to be more then he is a jerk. You don't have his resume and not get picked up by somebody at some point.

I don't think Howland likes having a boss and all the things expected of a coach. jmo.

Hart's biggest moves so far are firing Doolander, hiring Jones, combining athletic departments to reduce waste and landing the Nike deal.

His deal for Zo was actually an excellent one to protect the Vols and Zo seemed to see the writing on that wall and bolted.

So I'd say he's doing a solid job.

He was ready to keep the doolander on board too

Dave Hart is 1 for 1, which is 1 hire better than Hamilton did (unless you count Bruce, which also ended badly) the only thing I have against Hart is the college he attended but I think he's done a good job of trading red for orange. Let's see what happens before we buy the ropes to lynch him

Reactions: 2 people
I know I am going to get blasted for this but I don't care. DH has been nothing but spectacular since taking over. I have found too many on here that say "it was luck" when things go right and "it's all his fault" when things don't work out as planned concerning DH' s decisions. It's ludicrous. We are once again in the black concerning finances. We have CBJ. We are going after a solid hire in BB. Things are turning around for UT athletics. DH gets a huge amount of credit. Now the naysayers will blast me with things that are not relevant. Go ahead.

I agree...and no need to bash you. I see things are on the upswing and think he has provided leadership. Hope he can close the White deal tomorrow.

If the OP wanted to be anything but a cheerleader for Bama Dave he would have presented all angles to the discussion. That would have made it objective.

Bama Dave gave Dools another year after the UK disaster and assisted him in getting Sal as his DC. So the misery was extended for another season because of Bama Dave.

Bama Dave did not come to Zo's defense when the petition stuff started. He left him dangling in the wind and in the contract negotiations would not give on the buy out provision. So now we get a new coach after a Sweet Sixteen appearance.

Bama Dave did not hire Serano and had no choice with Warlick as has been discussed.

Bama Dave has allowed the track program to flounder until it simply crashed.

Bama Dave did a good job on the Nike deal and it remains to be seen if he did on the AD consolidation.

Bama Dave appears to have lucked into a good hire in football despite embarrassing UT nationally with his pursuit of Strong and Gundy, with Cheek's wonderful assistance. He may have lucked up with Butch, because Butch previously identified UT as an opportunity he was interested in. That still remains to be see if it will work out.

Bama Dave has been highly unsuccessful in hiring basketball coaches in his 25+ year AD career at East Carolina, FSU and Bama. Will see if he gets lucky again.

he was put in a bad spot from the word go... a broke athletic dept,a bad football coach,a fan base not showing up for football games,spending more money to fire a football coach with a bad buyout, then trying to find a new FB coach and a year later a new BB coach...

but he has stabilized the athletic dept, gotten it back in the black,hired a FB coach that has energized the fan base like no other in a long time, and now has to find a new BB coach,and I have no doubt he will find a good one...

Further good news from Dave Hart if true. Don't let an unproven guy try and bend over the university. We had too much of that under Hamilton.

And he fumbled that one while he was at it.

If Hart botches this hire and we bring in a guy that sucks, then he better pray UT becomes a football school again. Can't have both sports dwelling at the bottom at the same time.

Screw DH!!!! Imagine we get rejected by white..... White turns down UT to stay there. I mean at least put 1 name on the list,, one name worth going after. And let them turn u down. Then go after a second rate no name coach. This continues to happen to us because we allow it!! We fans make the decisions here. HART.... off with his head!!!!

VN Store

Back