Davenport: We're still champions

She is guilty of being corny, true. Other than that, not sure what's so bad about a positive attitude? This isn't exclusive to UT. The same rhetoric is used everywhere, including workplaces nationwide.

Our fan base is just full of grumpy, entitled jerks imo.

Reactions: 6 people
She is guilty of being corny, true. Other than that, not sure what's so bad about a positive attitude? This isn't exclusive to UT. The same rhetoric is used everywhere, including workplaces nationwide.

Maybe because fans are tired of hearing more empty platitudes after yet another disappointing season of missed opportunities and failed expectations?

Reactions: 10 people
The tweet was deleted not long after it was posted. I doubt Dr. Davenport even wrote it. Most of them have assistants or interns that handle social media. They need to be more PR-savvy, though. The media can make something out of nothing in no time at all.

Did you watch her press conference introducing Currie? I have no doubt she wrote it herself. She may end up making Dooley not look so bad for hiring Sunseri. This chick is clueless.

Reactions: 1 person

We need more fans like you.

Constant applause for a university that throws millions at athletics for putrid results.

Reactions: 2 people
eh. tired of throwing fuel on a fire that wasn't there.

wish it'd stop. but i also wish we'd stop. it's getting old.

The tweet was deleted not long after it was posted. I doubt Dr. Davenport even wrote it. Most of them have assistants or interns that handle social media. They need to be more PR-savvy, though. The media can make something out of nothing in no time at all.

not just the media

I am so confused. Why aren't some of VNs finest posters an HC, chancellor or AD at a major university. Surely they have sent their resume to UT.

I am so confused. Why aren't some of VNs finest posters an HC, chancellor or AD at a major university. Surely they have sent their resume to UT.

having jobs like busboy, paper boy, dishwasher and fry cook on the resume might be one reason

having jobs like busboy, paper boy, dishwasher and fry cook on the resume might be one reason

You should look for positions outside the service industry so that you can pad your resume. Then maybe the next time time the chancellor position is open you won't feel afraid to throw your hat in the ring.:good!:

Who needs rivals making fun when UT fans will do the work themselves using stuff like this? It didn't even move the needle

Kns must be hurting if that's what their articles have come to the days. Win nothing since 98? UT has more than football. Using random tweets to back your position? About as lazy as one can get. Even Rucker is better

Exactly. Kept re-reading the tweets to find out where the butt hurt was.

Hope her shirts have the right sRGB orange or there will be riots!

it used to be we'd protect our own, now we eat them. as someone that's been more than willing to participate in said eating, i'm now of the opinion we're as much a part of the problem at this point.

i'm done. i want to be proud of this university and those associated with it. and if that means i have to put it all on "ignore" to accomplish that, then that's what i'm gonna do.

Go Vols damnit.

Reactions: 3 people
IMO they keep bringing on themselves. It's like they don't have a finger on the pulse

And let's be clear ... "they" includes the media that report on the the Vols and the fans that react to what is said just to react.

If the media would stop getting caught up in the 'hey look what so and so said' and the fans would stop the same activity - it would not be reported on at all.

Media only continues to report on it because some fans take the bait and run with it.

The Tennessee fans are constantly trolled by the media and other fans (?) who have nothing better to do.

It is getting old and isn't even cute anymore. Eventually the majority will get tired of this and turn on the ones who continue to play these childish games.

The problem is the media and fans who make such a big deal of these things.

Folks take this literally to connect it to a sporting event. And then they connect it only to the current year verses a historical perspective.

Tennessee fans and media look really stupid right now complaining about every tweet, every word ... that comes out of the mouths of certain people.

Those FANS are the problem and there are members of the local media that like to stir the pot ... just to stir the pot. If FANS would ignore them, they would move on and folks looking in from the outside would quit laughing at us.

This guy gets it, quit *****ing... it really doesn't matter

Or it could be they don't consider the whiney little babies that flood social media for the slightest little things.

They also seem to not bother with the thoughts and wishes of many of their most loyal, ardent fans and boosters. Her tweet wasn't a big deal because it just wasn't. Still tone deaf though.

They also seem to not bother with the thoughts and wishes of many of their most loyal, ardent fans and boosters. Her tweet wasn't a big deal because it just wasn't. Still tone deaf though.

I wonder how many of their most loyal, ardent fans and boosters have ever voiced their thoughts to them. If so was it about such trivial matters?

You should look for positions outside the service industry so that you can pad your resume. Then maybe the next time time the chancellor position is open you won't feel afraid to throw your hat in the ring.:good!:

GTYrS.gif

The problem is the media and fans who make such a big deal of these things.

Folks take this literally to connect it to a sporting event. And then they connect it only to the current year verses a historical perspective.

Tennessee fans and media look really stupid right now complaining about every tweet, every word ... that comes out of the mouths of certain people.

Those FANS are the problem and there are members of the local media that like to stir the pot ... just to stir the pot. If FANS would ignore them, they would move on and folks looking in from the outside would quit laughing at us.

Talk national titles in sports....not titles life or biggest letter. This administration have short changed the FANS for a very long time. FANS need to keep voicing their concerns until National titles are the priority.....not a letter.

Maybe because fans are tired of hearing more empty platitudes after yet another disappointing season of missed opportunities and failed expectations?

How would you prefer she approach things? Tell everyone "we know there's a mess, we're gonna work like heck to fix it". Ask Fulmer how much longevity that has.

It's not her job to appease fans that, for some reason, feel entitled to have championships showered upon them at all times simply because they are fans.

As a matter of fact, it isn't her job to address sports fans in general, it is her job to run a public university. Many of you need to get over yourselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
How would you prefer she approach things? Tell everyone "we know there's a mess, we're gonna work like heck to fix it". Ask Fulmer how much longevity that has.

It's no her job to appease fans that, for some reason, feel entitled to have championships showered upon them at all times simply because they are fans.

As a matter of fact, it isn't her job to address sports fans in general, it is her ok to run a public university. Many of you need to get over yourselves.

How hard is it to grab an aide and say "be honest with me, given the context of what I'm talking about, does this sound disingenuous or just outright stupid?"

I mean, it's not like the university employs an entire media relations department that might be able to help out with this sort of thing, right?

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back