'24 DC OT Jordan Seaton (Future Portal Entry)

Wasn't blaming the coaches at all, just commenting on what appears to be the reality for us much of the time with these top end recruits. I get that our rivals miss too but, unless I'm missing something, they end up find replacements pretty quickly and we typically struggle to do the same. Maybe that's changing now though.
And I think its just a perception thing that our rivals are happy with who they get. you see it with all the snippets, Bama, Oregon, and Ohio State mods and fans are having the EXACT same conversations we are having.

***** gonna get real messy if we have to renegotiate NIL packages every year for any decent recruit.

I can understand guys that have underwhelming or no packages and break out wanting more. Imagine if Nico was already asking for an extra 2 million after his freshman year and again next year.

Welcome to college football

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Welcome to college football. Where've you been the last few years?
I guess it’s naive but you would hope if you are “overpaying” (only saying this because it seems like Ohio State/Bama aren’t willing to go into a bidding war here) for a kid or giving him the best NIL package available to someone this highly sought after, you wouldn’t have to pony up twice more to keep him here.

A kid like James Pearce I understand having to pony up for. He was highly rated but flew under the radar then blew up this year. I know he’s had some big offers to enter the portal.

Wasn't blaming the coaches at all, just commenting on what appears to be the reality for us much of the time with these top end recruits. I get that our rivals miss too but, unless I'm missing something, they end up find replacements pretty quickly and we typically struggle to do the same. Maybe that's changing now though.

They have all been much more competitive programs for the last several years.

I believe that it's really as simple as that.

It's gonna take more than 3 years to erase 15!

LA LAVOL

yea sir

34078334.gif

I guess it’s naive but you would hope if you are “overpaying” (only saying this because it seems like Ohio State/Bama aren’t willing to go into a bidding war here) for a kid or giving him the best NIL package available to someone this highly sought after, you wouldn’t have to pony up twice more to keep him here.

A kid like James Pearce I understand having to pony up for. He was highly rated but flew under the radar then blew up this year. I know he’s had some big offers to enter the portal.

Seems like you’re worried about things that haven’t happened and are not guaranteed to happen.

Also putting a little too much stock into Bama/OSU “insiders”.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Lol I'm just loving how absurd our trolls are. If we don't get a player "our NIL sucks, we aren't willing to pay players enough, and our staff can't close". If we do get a guy "well, this is bad. We will just have to keep paying him more".

Last edited:
Idk the LA thing could be misdirection. Could also be that a big Oregon booster was there and flew him out? Idk that it means anything but seems like Heupel and company were ready to fly to him.
Be awesome to have him commit to us on Oregon's dime wouldn't it?

Reactions: Glitch

Because honestly we need him more. We have zero 4 or 5 star tackles on our roster and we’re starting to stack QBs. I don’t think we can say anything is “overpaying” in an open market with no benchmarks, but whatever they’re offering, we need to offer more. We just need him that badly.

Reactions: Rizzo924
Because honestly we need him more. We have zero 4 or 5 star tackles on our roster and we’re starting to stack QBs. I don’t think we can say anything is “overpaying” in an open market with no benchmarks, but whatever they’re offering, we need to offer more. We just need him that badly.
Don’t disagree at all.

Kids are going to drama - I get that. It’s interesting to see the reporting from different teams sites from the same service. It’s in the best interest of the people reporting to be vague and conflict because it sells subscriptions. I wouldn’t be surprised if the reporting is orchestrated.

Kids are going to drama - I get that. It’s interesting to see the reporting from different teams sites from the same service. It’s in the best interest of the people reporting to be vague and conflict because it sells subscriptions. I wouldn’t be surprised if the reporting is orchestrated.

Seems like the recruiting sites and fan sites are doing the drama. Kid and fam just being quiet

VN Store

Back