Debord considering to retire (report)

PLEASE

though I wouldn't expect much to change if it's Butch's offense

but maybe, just maybe.. he could figure out something isn't working... and maybe, just maybe.. hire a proven OC who is more than a yes man and let them get their own staff and do their own thing without micromanaging. MAYBE

wishful thinking though, right?

Reactions: 4 people
He probably doesn't want to try to run Butch's offense with a Mahoney-coached Oline without Josh Dobbs as a safety valve.

Reactions: 3 people
He had no damn business being here to start with. Guy out of football for years used to coaching old school Tennessee/Michigan football to run a spread offense. He is "Retiring" because Butch has....

tumblr_ms5pm7KJFv1ra3yx2o1_500.gif

Reactions: 2 people
PLEASE

though I wouldn't expect much to change if it's Butch's offense

but maybe, just maybe.. he could figure out something isn't working... and maybe, just maybe.. hire a proven OC who is more than a yes man and let them get their own staff and do their own thing without micromanaging. MAYBE

wishful thinking though, right?

No way you get a proven OC to come here in this situation with a coach on a very hot seat.

Doesn't matter who they get. This is Jones offense and he has and will not give up control. And that's the problem. Along with multiple people have said that he doesn't like to play true freshman. Don't know if that's true. But it does seem it takes forever for freshman to see the field. Yet across the sec their are guys playing right away because they are better than the starters. So that may be why we are not seeing tons of 4 and 5 stars committing to Tennessee right now. Just my opinion on that. I think we cut the head off the snake and start fresh across the board. Craig Bohl would be worth a look. He has done a hell of a job at Wyoming this season.

Doesn't matter who they get. This is Jones offense and he has and will not give up control. And that's the problem. Along with multiple people have said that he doesn't like to play true freshman. Don't know if that's true. But it does seem it takes forever for freshman to see the field. Yet across the sec their are guys playing right away because they are better than the starters. So that may be why we are not seeing tons of 4 and 5 stars committing to Tennessee right now. Just my opinion on that. I think we cut the head off the snake and start fresh across the board. Craig Bohl would be worth a look. He has done a hell of a job at Wyoming this season.
they just got smoked the other night on tv... Nahh I'll pass.

Until I see otherwise, I have no faith that Butch will release his death grip on the program. I hope he proves me wrong, but I suspect a promotion from within or another yes man hire

Reactions: 1 person
Give me Scott Linehan, he's got Dak en fuego!!!!! Ask RedFox about Dak. He's got it twice this year.

How Bout them Cowboys!!!!!!

A lot of people don't like Debord, but I thought he did a pretty good job. If this is a "Fall on the sword" move, it's the wrong one.
I tend to agree with you.
Debord's offense didn't really do that bad, with the exception of the conservative play calling of the bama game. The defense on the other hand is absolutely the worst I've seen in 40 something years of following UT football.

Why doesn't Butch call his "OWN" plays since this is "HIS" offense............the reason is that he needs a scapegoat when it doesn't work.........

No way you get a proven OC to come here in this situation with a coach on a very hot seat.

Here's the thing ...

Real coaches don't think like NegaVols. Real coaches want to coach great players and want an opportunity to prove themselves. While any potential OC would have concerns that the HC could get fired, most OCs are only working on 1- and 2-year stints anyway.

Right now, we have three great QB prospects on our roster, including the guy that most schools would've taken over Jalen Hurts in 2016. We have loads of talent on the roster. Other than the "hot seat" situation with Butch, this is absolutely a dream situation for a great up-and-coming OC. What's more ... if a young up-and-comer comes here and succeeds (i.e. wins SEC Championship / makes BCS Bowl), then he's almost a shoe-in for a Head Coach job somewhere.

So I would strongly disagree with this assessment that "no one wants to come here." There's some turmoil, sure, but there are very few "safe" jobs in college football right now. The only real question is whether Butch is willing to give a new OC enough control, because the best and brightest are going to want that.

Reactions: 16 people
He's not even on a warm seat. Just because twenty of you keep vomiting this up in every thread doesn't make it true.

Well over half of this forum wants him gone. I'd say that's representative of overall fanbase. When a coach gets to this point his seat is extremely hot, like it or not.

VN Store

Back