Defense of Georgia bringing the blitz package for this game

that is exactly what these 2 GA homers broke down film and said. They said the best defense against us was Pitt and they blitzed constantly which is something Bama and LSU did not do. Kinda long video but not totally uninteresting

I saw that, and I don't think they are wrong. I think the pressure Pitt brought had a lot to do with it. But.

1. I also think that was an early road game and our offense looked rattled by the environment to me, esp. in the 1st quarter
2. Hooker missed a few long throws (which they point out). See no.1 above. Will Hooker still miss those throws? I doubt it! He seems past that.
3. I have stated this elsewhere. Uga is 120th in Team Sacks, which is shocking. They wanna bring the blitz? Good luck with that! - sending an extra man or two just opens up that green space they talk about even more

Going back to 2 above, LSU is the other road test. We did fine. Of course, Death Valley at 11 am CDT is not what it is at 6 pm, but still, that was an impressive win. It was that win more than anything that got us on everyone's radar (lets face, florida is awful this year and Pitt has underperformed since we played them).

I think Hooker handles the crowd and pressure just fine.

As for the OP asking if our staff is going to put in some wrinkles. Come on bro. Are you serious with that question? What team have you been watching? :p

Having said that, overconfidence is one of the main things the team should guard against, but (a) they haven't had that problem yet, and (b) its the no. 1 team in the country! I don't see us getting cocky at all.

I’ve been doing some research in the past two days on how the defense of Georgia might come after us. It looks and sounds like they’re going to put in more blitz packages to come after Hooker. Something that we’ve haven’t seen much in games thus far.
So, I was wondering if our coaches will put new wrinkles in to counter those blitzes? I believe everyone is saying they will try to collapse the pocket to throw Hooker’s timing off.
I believe we can throw out to the flat, roll him out a little bit, and kill them on quick slants.
Anyone else hearing this?
That's the same game plan I said in another post.

I’ve been doing some research in the past two days on how the defense of Georgia might come after us. It looks and sounds like they’re going to put in more blitz packages to come after Hooker. Something that we’ve haven’t seen much in games thus far.
So, I was wondering if our coaches will put new wrinkles in to counter those blitzes?

...as opposed to Heupel just conceding a loss if Georgia blitzes? Yes. I'm thinking Josh might have a wrinkle or two.

They can only blitz LB's- our receivers are split to wide for corner blitz, can't be done. Send LB's and Fant and Mcoy will absolutely KILL..

that is exactly what these 2 GA homers broke down film and said. They said the best defense against us was Pitt and they blitzed constantly which is something Bama and LSU did not do. Kinda long video but not totally uninteresting

this has been interesting to watch. thanks for posting.

At 7pm Eastern tonight, this matchup gets officially corrected to #1 Tennessee at #2 Georgia.

I personally think this offense is a nightmare for a blitz heavy defense. Leaves the middle open and our spacing will create explosive plays. They may get to HH a few times but QB draws, screen passes, RB dumps, etc. will prevent them from going to that well too many times. Heupul knows it's coming.

Yep, that would work for a first year starter QB but Hooker been around. He makes very good decisions & he was relying on Tillman early in year. Now it’s a 3 headed monster with confidence.

So, I was wondering if our coaches will put new wrinkles in to counter those blitzes? I believe everyone is saying they will try to collapse the pocket to throw Hooker’s timing off.
I believe we can throw out to the flat, roll him out a little bit, and kill them on quick slants.
Anyone else hearing this?
That's what our good ol' cornbread ex coach believes.

Skip to minute 40 ish.

I'm going to have to see someone stop our offense to believe it.

And we just added Tillman back into the fold.

They lost their best pass rusher?

Yikes for them.

One thing I noticed against Bama as well as other teams is how winded our tempo gets these defensive players. It's a lot harder for them to get home on a blitz when they can't think about anything but sucking air. It blows my mind how conditioned and mentally tough our staff has this offense. Will Anderson didn't even want to move when the ball was snapped. He straight gave up on a whole lot of plays.

VN Store

Back