Did Tee Really start this ?

For a couple of years, prior to coming to Pruitt’s staff, Tee tried to position himself as a head coach candidate. And someday, he may be. However, no schools were interested at the time. So he came to Knoxville.
I’m not sure that his time here has given him the skills or the maturity to yet be a head coach. IMO, he shouldn’t be considered.

IF he torpedoed a HC to get himself in better position I don’t think he helped himself at all.

The way to stability is most certainly NOT another coaching transition to an unproven candidate who wouldn’t get an interview anywhere else in the SEC.
That’s why Phil will step in to stabilize and name Tee coach in waiting and will groom him under his tutelage.

We gave the keys to the Vol kingdom to a Bammer who had never head coached so how's that working out for us? Tee has never been a head coach, however he may very well have the skills to be one. He knows and understands the game. If PF decides to go the up and comer route he could not do a lot better than T other than Venables over at Clemson and he ain't leaving. But PF needs to understand no matter who he puts in as the next HC, if it doesn't work, he goes out the door with them.
Did you really just compare Tee Martin to Venables? You've got to be kidding me.

I would be 100% checked out if Tee Martin was EVER named HC here, I appreciate Tee's time here as a player but he doesn't need the keys to this car

I wouldn’t say “ever,” but he needs to go and prove himself somewhere else. It would be an even bigger disaster than Pruitt to install Tee as HC of this program with where it is at this time (and his complete lack of experience as a HC).

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Tee also has a below average Wonderlic score. Should UT continue the trend of hiring coaches with low IQ?
I would say its more to do with he would be one of the few coaches UT could hire at a below average SEC pay scale and the Vol faithful wouldn't riot over hiring.

Reactions: onevol74
I thought the original witch doctor accused the other witch doctor of impersonating him

VN Store

Back