Director of athletics phillip fulmer previews spring on rocky top

I prefer Cascade Pods.

It's not a big deal, but staffers wrote this for Fulmer, likely at his request. No need to freak out about it.

I am also sure he told them what he wanted mention in the letter and reviewed the drafts and approved it for release. Just what any good CEO would do. I met ADCF when we were in school together, and have supported him since then.

I am also sure he told them what he wanted mention in the letter and reviewed the drafts and approved it for release. Just what any good CEO would do. I met ADCF when we were in school together, and have supported him since then.

Athletic Director Coach Fulmer?

I’m not arguing he didn’t request it, in fact I said that was my belief earlier.

I prefer Cascade Pods.

It's not a big deal, but staffers wrote this for Fulmer, likely at his request. No need to freak out about it.

Not so sure about that. A staffer may have edited that message, but the tone sounds exactly like Fulmer. He has been speaking publicly long enough that it just sounds like something he would compose. Regardless, he has a finger on the pulse of the university. Currie never put out anything that remotely sounded genuine or made one feel like he was in control.

Reactions: 2 people
Do we have any insiders that can straighten this out? My opinion of whether Fulmer is capable of being a successful athletic director hangs on who in fact wrote that message.

Reactions: 1 person
I am hoping Fulmer is the equivalent to what Barry Alvarez has been at Wisconsin as AD. Since he retired as HC, Wisconsin has been consistently good. Just hope the only difference is that we get to the NC game.

glad to have AD Fulmer on the payroll...feel fortunate that he came in when we needed him in the worst way...timing was perfect and what the university and fans needed...this is not just a job for him...and,

GO VOLS!

No, it's not just a job for him. It's his life and his way of life. You gotta appreciate that.

Just thought you were pouring cold water on how others including myself appreciate the job Fulmer is doing, and for no other reason than to cast shade or express your own doubt that he's genuine or whatever. And of course that's your prerogative. Nothing personal.

Reactions: 2 people
Just thought you were pouring cold water on how others including myself appreciate the job Fulmer is doing, and for no other reason than to cast shade or express your own doubt that he's genuine or whatever. And of course that's your prerogative. Nothing personal.

Yea, no. Just pointing out that’s a PR piece. As I’ve stated many times, it’s nothing to get so torn up about. It’s just a good functioning entire athletic department doing their job. But, please, by all means, let’s bow to Fulmer and pretend he’s behind everything going on.

VN Store

Back