Do we have a date yet for Orange and White game? [April 13th 1:00 pm]

From Danny White this morning... (he was on local radio)

(He) noted that the renovations currently taking place at Neyland are expected to have an impact on how the spring game looks, but he wasn't ready to offer any spring game details just yet.

"It's going to have an impact, we're still trying to figure it out and I know that it’s late January, so we're hoping to have something we can communicate out very soon on the spring game," said White. "It's a challenge. It's the cost of progress. There's a lot of work that's gonna be happening, that's currently happening, at Neyland Stadium. And there's cranes involved and just a lot of obstructions. We can't put ourselves in a position where we slow down construction and put the possibility of having it ready for the first game in the fall -- we can't put that at risk."

"So working through it and don't have finalized details yet, but hope to very soon," added White.
Like I said several days ago, and several weeks ago, for that matter, there’s a pretty substantial chance that there is not an orange and white game at Neyland Stadium this spring.

Like I said several days ago, and several weeks ago, for that matter, there’s a pretty substantial chance that there is not an orange and white game at Neyland Stadium this spring.
Wasn't there some kind of alternate O&W experience last year because of the lower seating renovations and such?
I know this year's round of construction is a little larger and more wide spread than last year, but I bet they do some type of 'experience' involving the team, fans, perhaps the outdoor training facility, etc.
But, yes, I agree that likely won't involve Neyland itself.

Reactions: VolPack22
Wasn't there some kind of alternate O&W experience last year because of the lower seating renovations and such?
I know this year's round of construction is a little larger and more wide spread than last year, but I bet they do some type of 'experience' involving the team, fans, perhaps the outdoor training facility, etc.
But, yes, I agree that likely won't involve Neyland itself.
I think the South End was off limits due to construction. The year prior they did not have an Orange and White game but we went on to have our best season in 21 years so maybe we don’t need one 😂

Tennessee is set to open spring practice the week of March 18 after the University’s spring break, and given the practice schedule that Josh Heupel and his staff have used in the past, that would put the Orange & White Game on the weekend of April 13.

Yep lots of work left to do

Not sure stadium renovations are going to allow there to be one. 3/4 of the main concourse on the lower level is inaccessible and most of the seating area does not have power or water. They’re exploring a lot of different options, but it’s not a sure thing yet.

this is my guess, be lucky to have a game and if so, likely elsewhere..

do you think, or have you heard any snippets, of spring games being off for a while? They start working on that entertainment area, gonna be some major construction areas making it hard to hold a spring game...

Reactions: kcvols1
do you think, or have you heard any snippets, of spring games being off for a while? They start working on that entertainment area, gonna be some major construction areas making it hard to hold a spring game...
No because after this year, the seating areas and concourses won’t be as affected by construction. The entertainment district could be a pain, but only in the G10 area. They intend to have the parking accessible in there throughout construction, since it’s the primary student garage on campus.

I read a few weeks back that there would not be a Spring games this year. That makes 2 years in a row without a O&W game. I wondered when I read it why not move it? Chattanooga...Nashville etc..

Ok...time flies. Seems like those renovations were just months ago.
They were doing construction last April, but had the game anyway. That's when we got an early sneak peek at Seldon in action.

Am bumping this thread because some of us would travel from out of state, and if they were gonna hold an O&W at a different site, we'd have to plan accordingly. I think I saw Spring practice starts March 18?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Meanwhile, Vandy played regular season games this year with their scoreboard flapping in the breeze like laundry drying.

I’m thinking we block off Hwy 411 in Etowah. Bring in millions of yards of dirt. Put up some goalposts. What could go wrong?
BYOB and get ready to party.
On the same day as the 1000-mile yard sale ! We drove through it last year on the way back from Florida beach. Pedestrians crossing 411 had no regard for cars doing 70.

Reactions: Ratvol
I never have understood going to someone's house to buy stuff that, after the yard sale, will be thrown out. I don't want other folks' junk.
MHS Rebel, is there a good place to camp not too far out of Maryville or otherwise lodge cheaply? I sometimes go to a trivia night there, near the Five Points area NE of downtown, but after a few beers I don't like to drive as far as where my friends live, in Loudon County.

MHS Rebel, is there a good place to camp not too far out of Maryville or otherwise lodge cheaply? I sometimes go to a trivia night there, near the Five Points area NE of downtown, but after a few beers I don't like to drive as far as where my friends live, in Loudon County.
Louisville Point off Louisville Rd. and Topside Rd., in, well, Louisville. Get off the Pellissippi at Topside, go to the end of the road flashing light and turn right. Just past the Louisville town center it is a road that veers to the right - like a 30 degree angle. Take the "veer." At that next dead end, Louisville Point is staring you in the face. It accommodates campers and tents.

I can't think of anyplace nearer at the moment.

VN Store

Back