Do we win a natty in football...

Probably not, now with playoff system expanding it’s going to take a lot of luck to get to that final 2. Just like baseball and basketball. More games to play with more chances for injuries. Winning a national championship would be awesome but I have a hard time seeing it for Tennessee in the next couple of years. Let’s face it, the teams consistently recruiting in the top 5 will be the year in and year out contenders.

Basketball gives us the best shot at this time. It takes 2/3 guys getting hot and get on a run.
But personally I just want to see a men's FF before I get planted, anything more is extra butter on my bread.

it’s becoming very clear and very likely that we will win a natty in all three this year. So order would be baseball first, basketball then football. We have the best player in the country for each sport this year.

Baseball is our best bet. Barnes always chokes in the tournament and Heupel can’t beat Kirby and Georgia.
Why don’t you pull for somebody else, all you do is whine and complain. Tennessee is only one of 3 programs that are top 25 in baseball,basketball and football. And all 3 aren’t going nowhere soon. Can’t wait for football season to watch you constant negative types slip off quietly into the night. GBO

Why don’t you pull for somebody else, all you do is whine and complain. Tennessee is only one of 3 programs that are top 25 in baseball,basketball and football. And all 3 aren’t going nowhere soon. Can’t wait for football season to watch you constant negative types slip off quietly into the night. GBO
What did he say that isn’t accurate. This is a thread about winning a national championship, not a feel good thread about being in the top 25.

What did he say that isn’t accurate. This is a thread about winning a national championship, not a feel good thread about being in the top 25.
Nobody wants to win a championship more than me. We have the talent to compete for a natty in all 3. And yes that goes for football with a 12 team playoff. Doesn’t mean we will win one next year in football but we will be competing for sec and national championships for the foreseeable future. Folks forget where we were 3 short years ago and some already saying Heupel can’t get us there when the results the last 3 years suggest we are squarely moving in the direction to compete for sec and national championships. I could care less about top 25, I was merely pointing out the overall strength in our sports programs. In 3 years we have came a long way in a short time and most knowledgeable fans can see we are clearly rising. Time will tell, I just see no reason to be claiming we can’t be in the mix for championships. I have been a fan over 50 years, I think I can detect a upswing when I see one. GBO

Nobody wants to win a championship more than me. We have the talent to compete for a natty in all 3. And yes that goes for football with a 12 team playoff. Doesn’t mean we will win one next year in football but we will be competing for sec and national championships for the foreseeable future. Folks forget where we were 3 short years ago and some already saying Heupel can’t get us there when the results the last 3 years suggest we are squarely moving in the direction to compete for sec and national championships. I could care less about top 25, I was merely pointing out the overall strength in our sports programs. In 3 years we have came a long way in a short time and most knowledgeable fans can see we are clearly rising. Time will tell, I just see no reason to be claiming we can’t be in the mix for championships. I have been a fan over 50 years, I think I can detect a upswing when I see one. GBO
I cant compete with 50 years, at 37. I'm not being negative, just realistic. Anyone can see we are crazy improved, and will continue. I think we will we cant get in the playoffs. I just don't think we will pull off the trophy win.

Baseball. The entire playing field has changed in football. New recruiting system, transfer portal and playoff system have made the task more difficult. The basketball championship requires so much luck with a 64 team format it has been the most difficult for a while. Impossible to predict either of those so, baseball.

I cant compete with 50 years, at 37. I'm not being negative, just realistic. Anyone can see we are crazy improved, and will continue. I think we will we cant get in the playoffs. I just don't think we will pull off the trophy win.
There are no guarantees in a playoff but if you get there enough your chances increase. I only see us getting stronger in football in the near future. Winning the championship in football just got tougher with the playoff for everyone. But that is a good thing, the key is being able to compete for it. I love the direction we are headed, and our overall sports program is probably as strong as it has ever been. GBO

VN Store

Back