Do you believe?

Recruiting outside the skilled positions needs to improve. We don't have the lines to consistently win at the highest level yet. Offensive play calling also lacks creativity in big games. Hopefully that was lack of confidence in Milton and improves with Nico.

I can tell who will win the conference next year. The team with the best schedule, schedules will make every team in the SEC next year. That’s why it’s stupid to play Bama every year.

This not a question for me. He more than proved it last year and the first year no doubt. This year was a transition season.

I believe in the coaches. This still isn’t a good enough team to win this conference. We’re just not good enough on the Oline imo. DBs are questionable, WRs have been mediocre at best, RBs look good but Sampson has to learn to block better, Seldon has to learn to get up field faster. I think we’ll be a really good team but I don’t see us beating the likes of Georgia yet. Just aren’t quite there yet.

Reactions: Big Orange Rob
I believe in Heup, but I also believe we have to address our deficiencies. Changes being made at DB and I would prefer a change be made at the DB coaching position. Three seasons of very mediocre, and at times outright awful pass coverage. Most every DB was rated a 4*, yet they're nowhere to be found on most plays. I would have some very direct conversations with Banks in the off season about what I want to see out of the defense if I'm HFC. O line....really good last year. We really miss Wright and Carvin. Gotta coach up these young guys. I wouldn't want to go into next season relying on Ollie Lane and Dayne Davis like linemen.

Reactions: Big Orange Rob
I believe in Heup, but I also believe we have to address our deficiencies. Changes being made at DB and I would prefer a change be made at the DB coaching position. Three seasons of very mediocre, and at times outright awful pass coverage. Most every DB was rated a 4*, yet they're nowhere to be found on most plays. I would have some very direct conversations with Banks in the off season about what I want to see out of the defense if I'm HFC. O line....really good last year. We really miss Wright and Carvin. Gotta coach up these young guys. I wouldn't want to go into next season relying on Ollie Lane and Dayne Davis like linemen.

These statements about defense are pretty delusional and absurd, but carry on in your foolish biased thinking.

In the Heup? It looks like he knows what he’s doing. If they land Stewart there’s a strong chance this team could be SEC champions next year. Nico is the real deal.

I’ve never wavered. I still 100% believe in our head football coach.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
CJH was never the flashy hire that was going to take us to the moon in year 1. But I always believed he was the guy who, if we trusted his vision and the process, could get us there eventually. Based on everything I witnessed this season, and yesterday, I am still holding true to that belief. I think yesterday showed that we have some talent in the right spots that, with more coaching in the offseason, can only improve. On top of that, we have some exciting players coming in and the o-line will only get better once guys who didn’t play yesterday get healthy. Overall, I think next year we should absolutely be in the hunt for a playoff spot, and with the schedule we have, I’m trying not to get overly confident, but I badly want to believe we could make a play for Atlanta. I mean we do get Bama at home, and I believe in that home magic!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Keyton apparently lost it in the sun. Doesn't excuse his other drops this season.

It was so refreshing to see a qb throw accurate, catchable passes. Didn't force anything either, just needs to learn to get rid of it, which will come.

Nico is young and will make a few mistakes, but the biggest question mark will be can he take a whole year in SEC play without injury. With line play like yesterday's there's no way. Luckily some pieces are coming back but we need them to stay relatively healthy.

Lots of unknowns but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Nico is legit. His numbers weren’t gaudy yesterday, they didn’t have to be. Would have been better if his receivers wouldn’t drop balls that hit them in the hands or stop running routes.

He scores 4 TD’s against what was being reported as a top 5 national defense, in his first start and first meaningful playing time. He has an internal clock. Reads his progressions. Is on the money with his passes. How many times did he miss wide open receivers? Once on the first pass of the game maybe? Watch the pass to Keyton on the run on the sideline. That is elite. Only knock is taking some sacks, but that will improve with experience and O line play. His running and scrambling is sick. 0 turnovers to boot.

Idk how anyone could watch yesterday’s game and not be pumped about what could come. He’s the best talent we've had at QB since Manning.

I believe in Heupel, absolutely. Do I believe in Nico? No, I'm not sure. I saw nothing today in his passing game to make me believe. But yes he's young and super talented
well he went 12 for 18 with 3 drops . and by drops I mean Balls that SHOULD have been caught. They were not hard catches, they were drops simply. It would have made him 15 for 18 with probably 30 to 60 more yards and a TD throw ( which Keyton dropped). I think he put the ball on the money and didn't see anything which questions his ability to make the throws. Some were Pro QB throws across the field.

All I will say is the coaches have a lot of work to do if the goal is the SEC championship. This was IOWA not Georgia or Bama or Florida or etc. Yes, I know we beat them somewhat easier than expected but I think that was because our defense played good - probably because Iowa is not a good offensive team.

WR's were still not getting separation. Nico barely ever looked past his first WR and did not see some open receivers as a result.

We have the prefect draw with the bowl game - a team where we did not need the team that played during the season to win.

I believe in Heupel, absolutely. Do I believe in Nico? No, I'm not sure. I saw nothing today in his passing game to make me believe. But yes he's young and super talented

Nico, actually the offense in general, need to improve a lot between now and the Oklahoma game or we'll be looking at a similar record in 2024. The talent is there, not sure about the maturity to effectively run Heupel's offense.

Hooker was exceptional at reading and reacting to defenses. Milton was good at that. Nico is not yet there. Heupel's offense requires the QB to be able to react to the defense for it to be successful.

Nico's style may end up more like Dobbs who just improvised and made plays by himself but not sure that fits in the Heupel offense.

Just my take - impressed that we won easily but didn't see anything that made me think next year will be any different than this year.

VN Store

Back