Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

I just try to drink, smoke, or shoot vs the others

Just wait til you ****ers hit 50….. life really steps up and says “Hello”

Reactions: VolNExile

Read this for meaning, Tinklewicket - I was in my mid-50s when I rode RAGBRAI, 454 miles in 7 days. MY fifties were awesome. I am actually “old,” now, and I’m still riding. I also split logs with a sledge and wedges.

This thread is for those of us enjoying some physical activities and supporting each other. There’s a thread for Cigar smokers. Post there, but don’t be snarky. It won’t be received well.

Reactions: Cod
Read this for meaning, Tinklewicket - I was in my mid-50s when I rode RAGBRAI, 454 miles in 7 days. MY fifties were awesome. I am actually “old,” now, and I’m still riding. I also split logs with a sledge and wedges.

This thread is for those of us enjoying some physical activities and supporting each other. There’s a thread for Cigar smokers. Post there, but don’t be snarky. It won’t be received well.
I didn’t mean cigars, and no I was being snarky I don’t smoke the ganja maybe 4-5 times a year.

I was in the best shape of my life mid 40’s ….was put on and got off of blood pressure meds from 50-51, still on a statin….. 50’s suck.

Just 8 years go was benching my personal best, had abs…..well I had the top two the bottom two alluded me.

The statins suck, muscle fatigue is real

Reactions: VolNExile
I didn’t mean cigars, and no I was being snarky I don’t smoke the ganja maybe 4-5 times a year.

I was in the best shape of my life mid 40’s ….was put on and got off of blood pressure meds from 50-51, still on a statin….. 50’s suck.

Just 8 years go was benching my personal best, had abs…..well I had the top two the bottom two alluded me.

The statins suck, muscle fatigue is real
If you run, walk, bike, swim, post here. Otherwise, choose from the hundreds of others in which to post.

Edit: Please.

With an evil, toothy grin. Wait till you hit upper 60’s! 💀

I just toodle around the neighborhood and the UNCA campus, trying to remember where I parked. I’m in a major that involves a lot of outdoors in rough terrain. I should have gotten my butt in gear (=walking) many years ago!

Currently soaking in epsom salts after my marathon yesterday.

Super proud of my effort. Legs hadn’t felt fantastic the past two weeks. I knew about 6 miles in I was going to blow up, just a matter of when and how bad. That ended up being mile 20. After that I would run for 5 minutes and walk for 30 seconds. Did that till mile marker 25 and was able to force a run the remaining distance.

Hitting the wall is a hell of a feeling. I wasn’t out of breath, my quads just refused to cooperate. Felt like when you lift weights and you can’t lift anymore. Except with this you can’t rack it and call it a day.

My overall goal was to finish, but I was really targeting sub 4 hours. Came up about 1.6% over that at a 4:04. I don’t think I could have managed the race much differently, I just didn’t have a sub 4 in me yesterday. Only change I would make to my training is to rest more when I feel unwell. I got a stomach bug in the middle of March and I kept on training. That’s the only thing I can pinpoint at this moment. My legs the last 3 weeks have not been as good as they were in early March.

IMG_2103.png

Currently soaking in epsom salts after my marathon yesterday.

Super proud of my effort. Legs hadn’t felt fantastic the past two weeks. I knew about 6 miles in I was going to blow up, just a matter of when and how bad. That ended up being mile 20. After that I would run for 5 minutes and walk for 30 seconds. Did that till mile marker 25 and was able to force a run the remaining distance.

Hitting the wall is a hell of a feeling. I wasn’t out of breath, my quads just refused to cooperate. Felt like when you lift weights and you can’t lift anymore. Except with this you can’t rack it and call it a day.

My overall goal was to finish, but I was really targeting sub 4 hours. Came up about 1.6% over that at a 4:04. I don’t think I could have managed the race much differently, I just didn’t have a sub 4 in me yesterday. Only change I would make to my training is to rest more when I feel unwell. I got a stomach bug in the middle of March and I kept on training. That’s the only thing I can pinpoint at this moment. My legs the last 3 weeks have not been as good as they were in early March.

View attachment 632968
Proud of you my dude.
That’s a hell of an effort

First ride in 6.5 months. 12.21 miles with 853ft of elevation gain. Man have my cycling legs disappeared. That long off the bike meant my whole body hurts due to riding such an aggressive bike

Nice job with the marathon @Nerd-Vol!! Those numbers are still very impressive! I had a somewhat similar thing happen last summer with my first half. I wasn’t out of breath I just couldn’t get my legs to move. I blamed it on lack of hydration as it was 90 degrees

Last edited:
First ride in 6.5 months. 12.21 miles with 853ft of elevation gain. Man have my cycling legs disappeared. That long off the bike meant my whole body hurts due to riding such an aggressive bike

Nice job with the marathon @Nerd-Vol!! Those numbers are still very impressive! I had a somewhat similar thing happen last summer with my first half. I wasn’t out of breath I just couldn’t get my legs to move. I blamed it on lack of hydration as it was 90 degrees
Welcome back 🚴🏽

VN Store

Back