Dobbs commenting on officiating

I have been doing a poll today. I have been asking my patients if they watched the game and then if they are a Tennessee fan. I have now spoke to a Clemson fan, a Bama fan, and a Georgia Tech fan (I was shocked they exist too). All three completely agree the refs were one sided. The Tech fan made a great point too about Edey in the paint. He stated that almost every Purdue possession Edey was in the paint way longer than 3 seconds. Being a Georgia Tech nerd he started timing it. He said one possession Edey stood under the basket for 20 seconds. That is almost the entire time of possession.

I have been doing a poll today. I have been asking my patients if they watched the game and then if they are a Tennessee fan. I have now spoke to a Clemson fan, a Bama fan, and a Georgia Tech fan (I was shocked they exist too). All three completely agree the refs were one sided. The Tech fan made a great point too about Edey in the paint. He stated that almost every Purdue possession Edey was in the paint way longer than 3 seconds. Being a Georgia Tech nerd he started timing it. He said one possession Edey stood under the basket for 20 seconds. That is almost the entire time of possession.
“Camping out” in the lane is fundamental to Edey’s game and IMO he can’t be effective without it. I had heard there’s a video of 9-10 seconds in the lane but am not surprised at all with the 20 second figure. While most people were up in arms over the fouls/non-foul calls…the lane issue was BY FAR the most deciding factor IMO.

“Camping out” in the lane is fundamental to Edey’s game and IMO he can’t be effective without it. I had heard there’s a video of 9-10 seconds in the lane but am not surprised at all with the 20 second figure. While most people were up in arms over the fouls/non-foul calls…the lane issue was BY FAR the most deciding factor IMO.
He's an untalented brute that will be lucky to play in Europe. What kind of 7-foot tall pussy needs protection from the refs?

My beef is not with the incompetence of officials in general, which is something we are all too accustomed to in the SEC. It's the admission by officials and the NCAA that a game with Edey has to be called differently, some garbage about a "gray area" with a player his size and the amount of contact there will be. And the fact that the games are indeed called differently.

That is the biggest bunch of bullschiit I can ever remember hearing justifying officials calling whatever the hell they want. That you can have a game of this magnitude result in one f***king foul on this monster while he shoots 22 (!) free throws and has Purdue in the bonus with 16 minutes left in the game is nothing short of staggering, and in a just world would be investigated.

But the machine rolls on, as they got their desired title game almost a certainty at this point. And at the end of the day, that's all that really matters, right?
I hate to break it to everyone. The NCAA no longer controls how the game is played. Vegas now controls that. Every game, every sports show they all lead off with the betting ranges, over/under, point spread, etc. etc. Even the sports shows are now financed by Vegas. They took control quietly, but they covered all the bases to support (buy off) almost every sports talk show in existence. They were smart enough to buy their critics before stepping into the light. Nobody will complain because all the pulpits of sports information are paid by Vegas. Even Peyton is in their pockets. The worst is yet to come.

The NCAA didnt want 2 SEC teams in the Final Four. This way it is even across the main conferences in their eyes, they really didnt want the Vols in there after the lawsuit.

I hate to break it to everyone. The NCAA no longer controls how the game is played. Vegas now controls that. Every game, every sports show they all lead off with the betting ranges, over/under, point spread, etc. etc. Even the sports shows are now financed by Vegas. They took control quietly, but they covered all the bases to support (buy off) almost every sports talk show in existence. They were smart enough to buy their critics before stepping into the light. Nobody will complain because all the pulpits of sports information are paid by Vegas. Even Peyton is in their pockets. The worst is yet to come.

I don't disagree with a thing you're saying. But the networks also have a huge say in what goes on, as they're paying Monopoly money for the "rights" to broadcast these games, and no one will convince me that they don't have some sway over these games. Actually, Vegas and the networks are working hand in hand.

It’s actually TV. Blow outs get tuned out. Lower ratings with fewer viewers translates directly into to less revenue for EVERYBODY. The TV networks. The NCAA. The conferences. The administrators. The coaches. The schools. The referees. The NIL collectives. Now, even the players (funny how they’re the last ones that got paid.).

VN Store

Back