Donation change for season tickets

GiveEmSix

Did anyone else see a big drop in their donation amounts required to renew season tickets? My seats are in the lower level and usually require a donation of $500 per seat annually. This season, my donation was $150 per seat. Not complaining, but what’s the reason?

Maybe because Neyland rarely ever sells out anymore and UT wants that money.

When they have 4 conference home games (2 weak, 2 strong) and 3 (sometimes 4) OOC cupcakes, there's half the games or more that are hardly worth the effort to go.

Example: great fanfare today on the announcement we just added Kent State for 2024. I think I'd release that news on Friday night, with all the other embarrassing stuff you don't want people to remember after the weekend.

Last edited:
They are standardizing the donation amount to make it fair for all season ticket holders. I had been grandfathered on giving a donation per seat due to a large donation I made 20 years ago. Not anymore. All season ticket holders who were grandfathered are now required to give a donation if they want to retain their seats. Those that were hit hard were those who had 20-50 yard line seats ($$$$). I kept mine, as the $150 per seat requirement was in line with what I gave to the athletic department on a yearly basis. They even have a couple upper deck sections that do not require a donation, with the intent of making it more affordable for some fans.

They are standardizing the donation amount to make it fair for all season ticket holders. I had been grandfathered on giving a donation per seat due to a large donation I made 20 years ago. Not anymore. All season ticket holders who were grandfathered are now required to give a donation if they want to retain their seats. Those that were hit hard were those who had 20-50 yard line seats ($$$$). I kept mine, as the $150 per seat requirement was in line with what I gave to the athletic department on a yearly basis. They even have a couple upper deck sections that do not require a donation, with the intent of making it more affordable for some fans.
Yes, our season ticket costs nearly doubled. Still trying to decide if we want to spend that kind of money when we could just buy tickets for the games we want to see at a fraction of the cost. I understand supporting the team and all but I wonder how many tickets will now go unsold. Our 4 tickets went from 4,000 to 8,000.

Yes, our season ticket costs nearly doubled. Still trying to decide if we want to spend that kind of money when we could just buy tickets for the games we want to see at a fraction of the cost. I understand supporting the team and all but I wonder how many tickets will now go unsold. Our 4 tickets went from 4,000 to 8,000.
I think for the majority it actually went down.

I was a donor for 7 years('10-'17). I paid about $2K for 2 seats in Section Q. I finally decided to get season tickets again in the same section. I'm at $2400 for 4.

Reactions: Vol8188
Did anyone else see a big drop in their donation amounts required to renew season tickets? My seats are in the lower level and usually require a donation of $500 per seat annually. This season, my donation was $150 per seat. Not complaining, but what’s the reason?

I no longer have my tickets but the new plan caused my seats to go up $500 per seat. Lots of people's seats cost a lot more..

Actually turned in tickets before 2020 season.

Reactions: knoxvol16

At that price I think I'll try to get on the waiting list.

I do not want to sit near the student section. Can anyone advise on me their location? Anything else I would want to avoid (vistor's student section?)?

I do not want to sit near the student section. Can anyone advise on me their location? Anything else I would want to avoid (vistor's student section?)?
Student section goes from D-K.

Visitor sections are Z13-A and also the upper parts of GG-OO.

Student section goes from D-K.

Visitor sections are Z13-A and also the upper parts of GG-OO.

Thanks. Wasn’t much left, so I’m in L. I’m guessing over the years I may get a higher priority and be able to buy better seats at some point

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Maybe because Neyland rarely ever sells out anymore and UT wants that money.
It was sad to see the turnout at some games this year, but the turnout for Ole Miss shows that we can pack the place. That competitive needle just needs to keep moving in the right direction.

Thanks. Wasn’t much left, so I’m in L. I’m guessing over the years I may get a higher priority and be able to buy better seats at some point
They usually send an email out each summer about how to move your seats if you want to. It’s a simple process. I’ve had season tickets for 14 years now and we’ve been in 5 different locations. Think we’re finally happy and ready to stay in X3 for awhile now though.

Reactions: Vol8188
Have had tickets for 40 years, but have not decided what to do for 2022 as my tickets went up 33% to $600 each. Not really fired up about Ball State, Akron, UT Martin, Bowling Green, TN Tech etc.

Reactions: rote
Have had tickets for 40 years, but have not decided what to do for 2022 as my tickets went up 33% to $600 each. Not really fired up about Ball State, Akron, UT Martin, Bowling Green, TN Tech etc.
That's a hard call. It's difficult to offer advise to someone who has their own pocket book. Maybe, while you won't recoup your funds, sell tickets to the games you don't want to attend, hoping to offset the 33% increase. Next year, you might be in a better position, based on "on field performance" to decide if costs are justified. IDK, just offering a thought to ponder.

VN Store

Back