Donnie Tyndall Thread

I'm happy with Tyndall or White. I think Tyndall would come here and I've talked to USM alums and they have nothing but great things to say. They tell me that he's the best thing going on for USM athletics right now.

Well, their football team is 1-23 since 2012...

It kind of scares me White has better recruiting at LA Tech than Tyndall did at USM. Both seem like good coaches. Different styles though.

Still really want White, but this would be a good consolation prize. Also a workaholic who is loved by those that play for him

Reactions: 2 people
this guy's name was trashed hard on here when the search started. is that due to the dreams of a high profile hire?

I like that he's rebuilt before. Morehead was 11-16 and 4-23 in the two years before he got there. He had them in the NCAAs by year three.

His KenPom this year was 56th, higher than 20 teams that made the NCAAs, including #8 seeded Colorado. They were 33rd in the RPI. Also ahead of a large number of teams that got at-large bids, including UT.

If I had to choose between White and Tydall I would choose White every time based on style of play and age (or perception of age). I would probably prefer Byrd over Tydall if UT is down to that tier in choosing a coach. Tyndall just does nothing for me, but I have a feeling this is the direction we are heading.

Tyndall is a great coach, and he impressed me when he played Memphis last (2012-2013) season. He had his guys playing way above their heads, and he almost knocked off Memphis 3 times.

I'm not sure about his recruiting, but he'd be a solid hire.

Tyndall is a great coach, and he impressed me when he played Memphis last (2012-2013) season. He had his guys playing way above their heads, and he almost knocked off Memphis 3 times.
I'm not sure about his recruiting, but he'd be a solid hire.

We won by 16 at home and 13 in H-burg. I went to the game down there and it was never in doubt. The CUSA champ game was a good one, though.

Tyndall is more proven/just as good of a coach as White, but I don't think it would be quite as exciting of a hire. Uses lots of zone D/relies on owning boards/forces lots of turnovers. None of his teams have been good at protecting the ball, though.

We won by 16 at home and 13 in H-burg. I went to the game down there and it was never in doubt. The CUSA champ game was a good one, though.

I should've said gave Memphis a good game. The H-burg game was a good one, the one at the Forum in the reg. season not so much. The CUSA Champ game was great.

Seems Tyndall may be announced soon. He's wanted the job and would be a good fit. He has southern ties, more experience, been in the NCAA tournament and has put a guy in the NBA. Many have compared Cofer to Kenneth Faried. Seems the most likely to make this his home long term as well. I've said he's been the safest hire for us since around December. He's not going to be considered a "home run," but he's solid.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back