Don't be surprised when Florida fakes injuries on defense to try and rotate

Volanooga2521

Florida tries to rotate their D-Line every couple of plays. This is going to occur at some point.

Florida's 2-deep in their Defensive Line has the following guys:

DE-Tyreak Sapp-275 lbs
DE- Kamran James-270 lbs
NT-Cam Jackson-360 lbs
NT-Desmond Watson-435 lbs.
DT-Jamari Lyons-305 lbs.
DT-Caleb Banks-320 lbs.
DT-Chris McClellan-320 lbs.

Florida tries to rotate their D-Line every couple of plays. This is going to occur at some point.

DE-Tyreak Sapp-275 lbs
DE- Kamran James-270 lbs
NT-Cam Jackson-360 lbs
DT-Jamari Lyons-305 lbs.
DT-Caleb Banks-320 lbs.
That's a lot of beef!

This needs to be a penalty every time. This is cheap as he77, literally cheating, when teams do that. That's why I fully expect to see the gata do it.
The NCAA really needs to

1) keep the player out for the remainder of the series....for player safety of course
2) Only allow the injured player to be substituted during an Injury time out. Call an illegal substitution penalty if someone else is on the field.

Then we just need to keep going fast and wear out their entire defense. Apparently their 435 pound DT is only effective if you run right at him. Little lateral movement.

are you automatically allowed to sub during an injury timeout? if we don't sub can they?

The NCAA really needs to

1) keep the player out for the remainder of the series....for player safety of course
2) Only allow the injured player to be substituted during an Injury time out. Call an illegal substitution penalty if someone else is on the field.

This is the only rule the NCAA needs to adopt. It makes complete sense from a player safety standpoint. It will put a halt or drastically reduce the number of times it happens in a game.

I don't think Florida's going to need to fake injuries. Have we even seen that quick tempo offense this year? I can't recall seeing Tennessee line up quick and snap the ball before the defense was set at any point in the first two games. There were a few drives where UT sort of got it moving for a score within two minutes, but they were never operating at the kind of snap to snap speed Tennessee showed last year.

Reactions: 08Vol
I don't think Florida's going to need to fake injuries. Have we even seen that quick tempo offense this year? I can't recall seeing Tennessee line up quick and snap the ball before the defense was set at any point in the first two games. There were a few drives where UT sort of got it moving for a score within two minutes, but they were never operating at the kind of snap to snap speed Tennessee showed last year.
They haven't had to for the most part but when they DID need to they did. See the end of the 1st half in Nashville for example. There's no reason we had to show much of that tempo yet.

The NCAA really needs to

And make the offense and defense stay on the field. No free timeout to go over things.

Reactions: guido4198 and GBOx2

DE-Tyreak Sapp-275 lbs
DE- Kamran James-270 lbs
NT-Cam Jackson-360 lbs
DT-Jamari Lyons-305 lbs.
DT-Caleb Banks-320 lbs.
That stuff ended in 21; actually the Vols faked a lot more than the opposition last year.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
This is the only rule the NCAA needs to adopt. It makes complete sense from a player safety standpoint. It will put a halt or drastically reduce the number of times it happens in a game.
I think #2 changes the whole concept of faking injuries. If only the player hurt can be subbed for there really is no point in faking anything

That stuff ended in 21; actually the Vols faked a lot more than the opposition last year.
Obviously, official stats are not kept on the matter ... but that would not be the impression that I had. Although, nothing has been as extreme as what Purdue was doing in the Music City Bowl.

The NCAA really needs to

i would add .. no coaching, the non injured players just back up about 15 yards from the LOS based on the end of the play and huddle.

the injury is used to slow the pace, get subs on the field and get a free timeout by allowing coaches to group up the players

Ya know, i can understand faking it in the bedroom, but on the football field? For the love of God - that has to be a SIN.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The NCAA really needs to

The ncaa is only good for making rule changes that no one wants, like the one shortening the football plays and increasing ad time this year...

And I really believe that was intentional. Like you said, the only 2 times they ran with our normal offense and tempo, AP didn't even slow us down.

VN Store

Back