Don't Sleep on New-Arrival RB Tim Jordan

He has really good vision, good spatial awareness, has good acceleration, and I love his slipperiness in traffic. He lacks breakaway speed, needs to be taught how to run behind his pads without losing vision, and work on leg strength. Also would love for him to get those knees up when he is running power and trying to lay those licks.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes Lakeland is very good but you're touting players that have been gone for a decade. He also did nothing against Lakeland in 2016

I get trying to hype the kid up but maybe we should temper expectations a bit

Clearly bringing a little positivity was out of line!! How dare he??

Reactions: 2 people
The kid is fast... or plays against a whole conference of marching band rejects

Michigan and Michigan State offered John Kelly those were his two best other than Tennessee

I'm pretty sure JKelly was from Michigan, as well. That's more than likely why he got the offers, because they probably got a little better look at him than other schools.

Those schools wanted John Kelly to play defense though. Jordan's RB offer list far exceeds Kelly's. Offers often tell the story, but Jordan's film is impressive.

Kelly was actually the top RB Harbaugh and his staff had pegged when they'd first arrived at Michigan.

They were never able to build much of a relationship with him though

Kelly was actually the top RB Harbaugh and his staff had pegged when they'd first arrived at Michigan.

They were never able to build much of a relationship with him though

Hmm. I read multiple articles like this one

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...tennessees-team-120-aims-to-make-more-history

"Michigan State and Michigan both offered scholarships to Kelly, but they wanted the powerful 5-foot-9, 212-pounder as a safety, having seen the Oak Park High School standout lay the lumber."

Michigan State said they would look at him both ways, but they still wanted him on D. I never saw anything about Michigan looking at him as a RB. You have a source?

Hmm. I read multiple articles like this one

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...tennessees-team-120-aims-to-make-more-history

"Michigan State and Michigan both offered scholarships to Kelly, but they wanted the powerful 5-foot-9, 212-pounder as a safety, having seen the Oak Park High School standout lay the lumber."

Michigan State said they would look at him both ways, but they still wanted him on D. I never saw anything about Michigan looking at him as a RB. You have a source?
Just memory mostly, along with what Michigan fans were saying on Reddit when he committed to us over them.

FWIW, all the only articles I could find that weren't behind a paywall (like the one below) said that Harbaugh would let him choose where he wanted to play his first year or two if he committed to them.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...03/jim-harbaugh-michigan-john-kelly/21231311/

He seems to have decent vision, and can hit the hole quick. Lacks the break away speed though. Gets chased down that much at the high school level, won't outrun anyone in the SEC.

I watched the film. Where exactly did he get chased down and who chased him down? Some kids have elite speed in high school. Just another poster who believes he knows more than those who do it for a living.🙄

I watched the film. Where exactly did he get chased down and who chased him down? Some kids have elite speed in high school. Just another poster who believes he knows more than those who do it for a living.🙄

Agree. I didn't watch it all but most. Not only did he not get caught from behind... he outran what looked like good angles on several occasions.

Get this kid in a college level S&C program that adds muscle and good weight... and he could be a gem.

Reactions: 3 people

Nobody caught the kid in a straight line foot race.

Yes Lakeland is very good but you're touting players that have been gone for a decade. He also did nothing against Lakeland starters in 2016

I get trying to hype the kid up but maybe we should temper expectations a bit

Proof was on the grass today.

It's day 1 lol

"There’s a lot to like about all three freshmen additions to the backfield. Jordan, in particular, looks like he’s more or less made of steel. He’s compact and powerful. He doesn’t look like a fun guy to tackle. That’s not to suggest Chandler and Coleman look like chumps. They absolutely do not look like chumps. Jordan is just already built like an upperclassman."

"There’s a lot to like about all three freshmen additions to the backfield. Jordan, in particular, looks like he’s more or less made of steel. He’s compact and powerful. He doesn’t look like a fun guy to tackle. That’s not to suggest Chandler and Coleman look like chumps. They absolutely do not look like chumps. Jordan is just already built like an upperclassman."

You'd think in your wisdom you'd have learned by now not to buy in to fall camp hype. Especially not on day 1. :lol::lol:

"Up close, freshman tailback Tim Jordan has the look of a SEC running back. The rave reviews from this summer appeared warranted."

Like i said fall camp hype. Dont care how good his body looks. Remember Jalen Hurd and his treadmill videos that had us all drooling? Howd did that work out for us?

I want to see it on the field.

Like i said fall camp hype. Dont care how good his body looks. Remember Jalen Hurd and his treadmill videos that had us all drooling? Howd did that work out for us?

I want to see it on the field.

While I agree, I think this is why they are getting the under the radar guys that are humble. I'd rather have them here as a team player than a Hurd that thinks he's bigger than UT football.

Jalen Hurd leaves a bad taste in my mouth like everyone else, but I mean, he wasn't exactly horrible as a lot of people want to believe at football. He just has a horrible attitude and a little heart. But He still had 3,127 offensive yards and 26 TDs in 2.5 seasons....splitting carries with Kamara and Kelly. If that's a "bust"....then Tim Jordan may as well pack his crap and go back to his moms house. Bc he has no hope here.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back