Dreaming of a UT-Oregon playoff match-up

I don't. I think Ohio State is the best team in the country and they're being weirdly underrated this year.

I'd rather re-match Georgia than play Ohio State right now.

I would love for us to play Oregon or Michigan.
Tennessee could name the score on Ohio State imo. Georgia for sure could. Ohio state could not do much with northwestern

Reactions: igotworms
Color me crazy but I think the Big 12 champ will be 3-loss Texas or 3-loss Baylor. Think TCU will lose to both and lose again in the Big 12 Championship game when they play the winner of the Texas vs Baylor game.

TCU has had to comeback from being down to every good team they have played. Ewers is back and TCU is actually the under dog against TX. That’s shocking that a top ranked team would be an under dog like that.

It is eerie how consistent the national media narrative has been on the UT loss - "the game wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicates". I can honestly not remember another team taking one loss and the media trying as hard to make it as if they were embarrassed. The lobbying for teams they would prefer in the CFP is sickening.

What gets me is on the CFP rankings on Tuesday, they said multiple times that the beat down UGA put on us was every bit as bad as the one they put on Oregon. Really??? So somehow 46 points is the same as 14??? What clown world are they living in?

Reactions: VFL_Hammer
It isn't impossible for osu, michigan, ugh, and UT to ALL make the playoff. How weird would that be? The chaos needed to make that happen is not all that difficult to fathom. TCU loses, Oregon loses, USC and UCLA both lose. Then you get either undefeated ugh and osu/mich plus one loss Tennessee and the loser of osu/mich. Unlikely, yes. But possible.

Reactions: Raebo
It is eerie how consistent the national media narrative has been on the UT loss - "the game wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicates". I can honestly not remember another team taking one loss and the media trying as hard to make it as if they were embarrassed. The lobbying for teams they would prefer in the CFP is sickening.
I’ve also seen the excuse for Oregon too that the game was a Georgia home game too because it was played in Atlanta. They are trying to ignore the variables and act like us and Oregon did the same thing against Georgia but theirs was week 1 so it’s ok.

Not sure how everything shakes out but WE ARE FAR FROM DECIDING ANTHING. As far as Oh State...they looked absolutely terrible against a sincerely terrible Northwestern Saturday. I honestly don't know just how good they really are. BUt we still need to play at an elite level with our three remaining games. IMO the rest will take care of itself.

I would love nothing more than for Michigan to lose to Illinois and then beat OSU to knock both of them out of the playoffs so we can get a Tennessee-Oregon first round playoff matchup. So sick of this bullcrap the national media is putting out about their resume being better than ours when we have two top 10 wins and the #1 SOS in the country. We would tear their defense to shreds and the game would be over at half.
I just want to win out!!!!!. Let the playoff or a top tier bowl. Gonna be what it's going to be. GBO!!!

I think Tennessee also suffers from this being such a huge game and the build up about their offense and they did nothing. I think a beat down of Missouri will help some. I could see there being a regional bias though for television viewership and money.
Have you seen the TV ratings for Tennessee's CBS games? Everybody loves watching this team and that offense (sans GA game).

I want Ohio State first round.

I listen to cleveland sports talk radio in the morning. They are OSU die hards. This morning they got on the topic of the playoffs. They were discussing the possibility of a Michigan vs O state IN the playoffs. This is an espn Disney channel mind you, but they were giddy at the thought. The one thing that made me stop in my tracks tho was the producer stated clearly that "O states offense was much better than Tennessee's". Like, there was no doubt in his mind.

Oregon got boat raced in Atlanta by 46. Imagine the beat down they would have had in Sanford Stadium.

Did you even watch the Ohio St. - Northwestern game this past weekend? 1-7 Northwestern was giving St. a run for its money. They not that great.

All we need are 60 mph wind gusts to kill the OSU passing game and they will struggle against us like they did against Northwestern.

Tennessee could name the score on Ohio State imo. Georgia for sure could. Ohio state could not do much with northwestern

There were 60 mph wind gusts during that game that killed the passing attack for both teams. Vols would have looked even worse if we were playing in those same conditions.

If Oregon wins out, pac12 champs. Would they get in over us ?
I have said we better be prepared to get jumped if we lose to Georgia for a couple weeks. The obvious thing after Georgia we dont get a chance to win a game of consequence. Only lose and embarrass ourselves. Oregon not only if wins out gets some good wins against Utah and Washington on way to Pac12 championship game. But the UCLA/USC winner will likely only have 1 loss in the Pac 12 championship game too so thats going to be a top 5-9 type team at that point. So winning the Pac12 championship not only brings the Championship that matters probably to the committee but also another top 10 win which they will get loads of mileage out of since we know the committee has shown they love the top level wins.

VN Store

Back