Drew Richmond potential?

Heard from a family member that he was somewhat in the dog house last week with the staff. Said Drew didn't say exactly what happened but that the coaches were all over him early in the week at practice. He is a great kid with lots of potential and will improve with time. Sky is the limit with this kid. He is still young and learning to work on the left side of the line instead of the right which he is use to. He will be fine in due time. Just needs to mature a little bit more.

Reactions: 2 people
By no means an expert, but played center in high school my freshman and sophomore year. I was quick enough, but I never got strong enough to get a consistent push or to consistently stop a bull rush from a DT that was bigger than me.

I think Richmond was a 5*/High 4* by everyone out of high school b/c he has the size and athleticism to stop the speed rush and a frame to put on weight. He really just needs to hit the weight room and work on technique imo. If it was easy everyone would do it.

Tons of potential but does he have heart? His playing time is up to him. Coaches gave him a chance and he didn't perform.

Reactions: 1 person
While we're on the topic of potential, with both linebackers down, what's up with Dillon Bates not playing at this point in his career at that spot? Sorry if this has been discussed a million times already.

While we're on the topic of potential, with both linebackers down, what's up with Dillon Bates not playing at this point in his career at that spot? Sorry if this has been discussed a million times already.

He "played" Saturday and proved why Jumper gets the PT. Bates was lost.

He was in on a few plays Saturday. I'm wondering if he is still having shoulder problems. Sometimes shoulder injuries are very hard to get over. Then again, it could just be he's not as good as we all hoped he would be.

Bates played a significant number of snaps Saturday. Most I've ever seen him play.

**To clarify, I meant significant for him. I'm not sure if he made any tackles though**

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Chill out. Richmond has plenty of time to live up to his potential. Not every Freshman or Sophomore will instantly become ALL-SEC their first year playing.

Some players take more time to develop than others especially certain positions.

Reactions: 1 person
On another thread or TOS, someone posted a pic of him and Preston Williams supposedly "pouting and not participating" in post Gator celebration...."supposedly" because of reduced playing time upset feelings.
There has been no actual confirmation of such feelings.

if true, they have no one to blame but themselves.

He "played" Saturday and proved why Jumper gets the PT. Bates was lost.

yeah on the last TD Florida scored the underneath route was wide open because Bates was helping triple cover a WR in the end zone....

Appleby threw to the left side of the end zone but still I think they could've scored if they hit that underneath route to the RB.

Did you notice that as well?

VN Store

Back