Drown your sorrows here

Rockytopvol86

Place your thoughts and concerns for the season here. We always have let downs but let a support our team.

Tennessee just isn't a good football program, period. They are more on par with Arkansas, Missouri, South Carolina, and Kentucky.

You only have two wins in Gainesville in over 20 tries? That is pretty ridiculous, only bottom feeders do that kind of stuff.

We need to be more like Ole Miss or Arkansas, and just stop worrying about competing for top level. Alabama, Florida, and Georgia are just an entirely different level of playing field than Tennessee and history shows that.

Tennessee just isn't a good football program, period. They are more on par with Arkansas, Missouri, South Carolina, and Kentucky.

You only have two wins in Gainesville in over 20 tries? That is pretty ridiculous, only bottom feeders do that kind of stuff.

We need to be more like Ole Miss or Arkansas, and just stop worrying about competing for top level. Alabama, Florida, and Georgia are just an entirely different level of playing field than Tennessee and history shows that.
You? Hello troll

I had a bad feeling about this one so I’m not too down. I didn’t have much faith in Joe (although hopeful) but I was really disappointed in the defense. Playcalling sucked as well. We had a little hope in the 2nd half and the refs sucked all that away. Did I mention the O-line sucked bad especially Lane? Can we fix it or is it going to be another season of what ifs? Who knows….

We already had one started.

Whoa, the OL is a serious work in progress. CJH is billed as a scoring coach, so I have no idea how he can tolerate an OL is this trashy. And that's on him. Milton, his decision making ....is crap. Holds it too long, can't make the decisions Hendo did and (#1) HAS NO CLUE WHEN TO TAKE OFF!! Maybe his game is suited for the NFL, but right now, if it's not the OL it's Joe's inability to deliver that's killing CJH. The OL you can change, improve, Joe's hopeless. And that's readily apparent.

EXACTLY... how is that any better than UK, Vandy, Arkansas, etc.? We have similar winning percentages and records against the top SEC programs.
Well, I think we have been an overall better program than those schools. We've beaten them consistently, played for several SEC titles and a natty in the Fulmer era and went to a lot of bigger bowl games. Since 2007 we have not been elite. Had a decent season in 2016 beating FLA and GA, and a nice season last year. We have some work to do. I'm not down on Heupel, but I do think some changes need to be made in personnel, players and assistant coaches.

Well, I think we have been an overall better program than those schools. We've beaten them consistently, played for several SEC titles and a natty in the Fulmer era and went to a lot of bigger bowl games. Since 2007 we have not been elite. Had a decent season in 2016 beating FLA and GA, and a nice season last year. We have some work to do. I'm not down on Heupel, but I do think some changes need to be made in personnel, players and assistant coaches.

Key word being since 2007. That is over 16 years. To high school recruits, we are their level. Minnesota once won 3 National Titles in 4 years. Sewanee used to be elite. We are a has been.

Whoa, the OL is a serious work in progress. CJH is billed as a scoring coach, so I have no idea how he can tolerate an OL is this trashy. And that's on him. Milton, his decision making ....is crap. Holds it too long, can't make the decisions Hendo did and (#1) HAS NO CLUE WHEN TO TAKE OFF!! Maybe his game is suited for the NFL, but right now, if it's not the OL it's Joe's inability to deliver that's killing CJH. The OL you can change, improve, Joe's hopeless. And that's readily apparent.
Need to add in that defense has regressed. I mean, FL didn’t even punt the entire first half.

Reactions: nomads-11

VN Store

Back