Dunks should only count one point

volnighthawk

Too easy for those with the ability to make them. Or raise the goal another 2-3 ft. That would level the playing field a little and give all shooters more credit.

Too easy for those with the ability to make them. Or raise the goal another 2-3 ft. That would level the playing field a little and give all shooters more credit.
They should have multiple goals. That move. Each having multiple points. And trampolines. And hoops on fire.

I can say dumb things too.

giphy.webp

I disagree. That would only further encourage people to shoot threes, which I don't think would be good for the game. We also wouldn't be able to see anymore poster dunks

I personally think if you're 7'3", pretty obviously a circus giant, make Aidoo look absurdly small, and your team would be maybe somewhere in the top 300 without you, yes, maybe your layups should count one point. Luck of the draw, baby. Painter finally struck gold.

Reactions: vavolfan6
Call me old, but I can remember a time when dunks were not allowed. Yeah, it was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I don't think that's the solution, though I do think there should have been an adjustment to how Edey has been officiated. It's simply not good for your sport if the team with the tallest and biggest guy on the court always wins. It seems like an exploit and can't be good for long term vieweship if the sport can be so easily hacked as to just find the biggest and heaviest player.

For a start though, I think the refs should have officiated him tighter. Call 3 second violations. Just as easy as it is for someone to swipe his arm and be called for a foul when going for a ball out of reach, Edey should have been called for his elbows hitting other player, even if it was inadvertant.

Reactions: EasternVol
I don't think that's the solution, though I do think there should have been an adjustment to how Edey has been officiated. It's simply not good for your sport if the team with the tallest and biggest guy on the court always wins. It seems like an exploit and can't be good for long term vieweship if the sport can be so easily hacked as to just find the biggest and heaviest player.

For a start though, I think the refs should have officiated him tighter. Call 3 second violations. Just as easy as it is for someone to swipe his arm and be called for a foul when going for a ball out of reach, Edey should have been called for his elbows hitting other player, even if it was inadvertant.
My tin hat is always within arms reach so this take shouldn't be a surprise. The NCAA did not want UT in the final 4. The NCAA wants it's dream match up of UConn vs Purdue. The NCAA is going to get that match up no matter what. There is no way the NCAA and their zebra crews will allow a NC St vs bama matchup next Monday night. If the games get too close too late, the officials will make the moves to ensure the preordained outcome. You can't see a game called like ours and not believe the fix was in. There was zero and I mean ZERO chance the University of Tennessee and their fan base and administration was going to be allowed to partake in the final 4 of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. The elite 8 is and was always going to be our ceiling this year.

Reactions: 207 others
My tin hat is always within arms reach so this take shouldn't be a surprise. The NCAA did not want UT in the final 4. The NCAA wants it's dream match up of UConn vs Purdue. The NCAA is going to get that match up no matter what. There is no way the NCAA and their zebra crews will allow a NC St vs bama matchup next Monday night. If the games get too close too late, the officials will make the moves to ensure the preordained outcome. You can't see a game called like ours and not believe the fix was in. There was zero and I mean ZERO chance the University of Tennessee and their fan base and administration was going to be allowed to partake in the final 4 of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. The elite 8 is and was always going to be our ceiling this year.

You're right, you are a crazy conspiracy theorist. This is so far beyond dumb I don't even have a word for it.

Reactions: onthehill71
Things would be more even if the refs didn't allow the big bigs to camp out in the lane.

Yeah, and guys who shoot really good from 3 pt range should only get 2 pts, and good FT shooters should only get 1 point. In fact teams that are really good, we should subtract 5 points to make it fair. SMH.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

I remember when 3 pointer first came in to NCAA late 80s. They did a trial run for Southern conference games one year to see if it was doable or feasible.. I was watching an ETSU game. It was noted that the long shot would count 3 because of the extra skill involved. A guy banked one in and I said you know that was pure luck missed it so bad it banked in and still gets 3. We discussed should bank-ins just count 2 but then decided there are other lucky shots throughout the course of a game.

Reactions: VolTull
Call me old, but I can remember a time when dunks were not allowed. Yeah, it was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
You’re old. That was when baskets were actually baskets (think wicker) and people went to games in carriages.

You're right, you are a crazy conspiracy theorist. This is so far beyond dumb I don't even have a word for it.
Hes right it's all about ratings views ads and contracts and that's why you wouldn't see a team like Southern Texas make a deep deep run, just enough for views until it stops benefit the market revenue

You’re old. That was when baskets were actually baskets (think wicker) and people went to games in carriages.
Nah, I'm old but I ain't that old. Well, a lot of chain was used on my local playgrounds, but peach baskets in the late 60's? Nope.

VN Store

Back