Eating and Drinking in Knoxville (merged)

Got some feedback through a 2nd hand source about Brazeiros.

What I remember is that the meal was $30, but I don't know if gratuity is included like at Fogo; and the house meat is the best.

Sorry that's so unhelpful but I talked to someone that talked to someone that went and she wasn't as inquisitive as I would've been.

I went to Brazeiros this weekend. Here's my short review.

Pretty sure it's $29.50 + drinks. We tipped as well.

Salad bar...didn't impress me but I wasn't interested in it, either. Didn't seem to have a whole lot.

Meats were good. Top sirloin, bottom sirloin, bacon wrapped fillet, chicken legs, sausages, and more that I've forgotten. My favorite that night was probably the bacon wrapped chicken. Excellent. All of it was good, except for the lamb chops. Wasn't for me. Just let them know how you like it (rare, med, done, etc.) and they take care of you. Haven't seen anyone with your favorite? Just ask one of the guys and they will send them over. They try to take care of everyone.

In addition, you get all the sides you want. Fried polenta, mashed potatoes, carmalized bananas, and cheese bread. All were good.

All in all, a good time. Service isn't quite the best, but they are trying which was fine with me. The gauchos keep it coming and take care of you which is the important part.

I may end up taking my dad for lunch next week. He's never been to a place like this. I'll let you know how that is as well. I would imagine lunch is a few less meats offered like other places.

Last edited:
I went to Brazeiros this weekend. Here's my short review.

Pretty sure it's $29.50 + drinks. We tipped as well.

Salad bar...didn't impress me but I wasn't interested in it, either. Didn't seem to have a whole lot.

Meats were good. Top sirloin, bottom sirloin, bacon wrapped fillet, chicken legs, sausages, and more that I've forgotten. My favorite that night was probably the bacon wrapped chicken. Excellent. All of it was good, except for the lamb chops. Wasn't for me. Just let them know how you like it (rare, med, done, etc.) and they take care of you. Haven't seen anyone with your favorite? Just ask one of the guys and they will send them over. They try to take care of everyone.

In addition, you get all the sides you want. Fried polenta, mashed potatoes, carmalized bananas, and cheese bread. All were good.

All in all, a good time. Service isn't quite the best, but they are trying which was fine with me. The gauchos keep it coming and take care of you which is the important part.

I may end up taking my dad for lunch next week. He's never been to a place like this. I'll let you know how that is as well. I would imagine lunch is a few less meats offered like other places.

and probably 10 bucks a person cheaper at lunch

ya i picked up a menu from this Brazileo, and got a chance to talk to the owner. He was actually a chef for, i think he said, 7 years at Fugo De Chao (sp). Said he moved here with his wive, and wanted to start his own restaurant.

At the time he said they weren't presently doing lunch, but would most likely begin doing lunches around Oct 5th.

Hopefully I can go sometime soon. I've done Texas De Brazil, and Fugo ~~~~ and enjoyed both.

My hot spot presently...I have really been piggin out the past two months between Sitar Indian....and Chez Liberty. Awesome food from both.

for those that wanted to try it, looks like brazeiros is doing lunch now .. according to their marquis ...

for those that wanted to try it, looks like brazeiros is doing lunch now .. according to their marquis ...

The food was pretty good but I would not say outstanding. My advice is to have a table in the middle. We were in a corner with about 8 of us and practically had to beg for more food.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That placed went downhill about 6-7 years ago, when every piece seemed to be around 80 percent fried batter, 20 percent actual chicken.

Sawyer's was great from 2003-2005. It was still pretty good after, but their hours became weird. I preferred it over Zaxby's, but it might not be as good as Guthrie's. All pretty much the same though, I guess.

We enjoyed all you can eat fingers night on Kingston Pike during college.

Guthrie's > Wishbone's > Sawyer's > Zaxby's

Zaxby's is way behind the others. I have never had a good meal there. The chicken is always dry and rubbery. Guthrie's and Wishbone's are both right at the top. I give the edge to Guthrie's because their sides are better than Wishbone's.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Went to Brazeiros last night for my birthday with a large group. The service was average, honestly -- had to wait 30 minutes for our reserved table and our server was a little scatter-brained. The gaucho servers were excellent and very attentive. The salad bar was fantastic. The meats were good, overall, with high marks for their specialty cuts (the Brazilian sirloin), lamb, and filet, but the chicken and ribs were only so-so. I found the sides very adequate.

All in all, for the price, a great gluttonous feast. It's no Fogo, but it serves Knoxville well.

FWIW, Clint's BBQ in Sevierville is back open. Has great BBQ and its always a fun trip, especially for a family.

His building burned to the ground last year and he finally got reopened a couple weeks ago.

The guy is a great story. Has several business he's started (and still works himself to death in)...then he starts a restaurant as well.

He never sits still if he's at the restaurant. He's constantly circulating, checking on people...and singing.

VN Store

Back