Eclipse Glasses

BigOrangeGirl

I know I’ve waited until the way last minute, but does anybody know of any place that still has eclipse glasses or does anyone have three pairs for sell (at not a super crazy price lol)?

Oddly enough, I know some people that are getting them at Sonic of all places. If you buy a certain kind of slushy you get a free pair. <$5

No problem, I'm excited for tomorrow. I'm heading up to Illinois for the festivities, it is a pretty quick drive for me.
I’ll just be home (Knoxville), but I’d like my kids to get to look at it. My husband suggested a welding helmet, but I don’t trust that to be safe enough.

Reactions: VolNExile
Never saw anything in Kingsport. Clouds never opened up. Oh well, 2045 is right around the corner. I hope the nursing home lets us go outside to watch it
Was downtown and saw it through a break in the clouds at about 330. Not at it's apex for sure. But we caught a glimpse of it.

Last edited:
Darkest here around 3. Professor ended the class early so we could go participate. There was a high thin overcast, but I think people with glasses could see it a bit. I didn't have any, but I did see the weird light, and the birds had all hushed. About 3:15 the clouds broke, and the strange light was much more noticeable. People with glasses said that they could mostly see the eclipse itself at its darkest (~85%)

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
Does anyone know why the glasses have an expiration date? Is it legit (they go bad) a legal requirement or just something to make you buy new each time?

Does anyone know why the glasses have an expiration date? Is it legit (they go bad) a legal requirement or just something to make you buy new each time?
Depending on what type of plastic it is, that could be when it starts breaking down and leaching chemicals out? That's why bottled water has an expiration date.

The glasses I have don't have a date. They theoretically shouldn't expire if they meet current standards. But the lenses are also fragile and even pinholes in them make them basically useless. The expiration date is likely the manufacturer trying to cover its butt from a liability standpoint.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back