Edey says Rick Barnes looked over him

This. ⬆️
Was it true? Of course, it was true…Coach Barnes among others said, “Pass.” It’s intentional shade, which is why it’s so cringe. I certainly wouldn’t want my child saying that.

And I certainly wouldn’t like DK calling out Coach Painter if the shoe was on the other foot.
I don't know the recruiting game...Did Barnes go to see him play and say no, or was he never on Barnes' radar?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
That's true but he wanted to speak his truth. It's nothing wrong with that. He didn't disrespect anyone. Some of you guys are soft as JA
I know a couple of real badass dudes, who don’t feel the need to tell you they can rip your throat out of your neck, you just know they can.
The good ones don’t need to tell us they are good, everyone knows it. Have some respect for your opponent and for the game. I guarantee you that Rick Barnes was very respectful during this kids recruitment.
Do you think Barnes said “you are not good enough to play for us!”
I doubt it.
Nobody overlooked a 7’+ three star basketball player.
Some may have told him that he didn’t fit their style or scheme, but no one “overlooked” him.
But if he needs that motivation, then more power to him.

Gross. No one wants to watch that kind of basketball.

That is late1970s and early/mid 1980s college basketball. It’s why the 3 point shot was legislated into NCAA games.

To make games better, the 3-point line ought to be at the NBA distance and the 3-second rule should be enforced occasionally (even if only once or twice a game to eliminate bigs from pitching tents and camping out in the paint).

I don't know the recruiting game...Did Barnes go to see him play and say no, or was he never on Barnes' radar?

So Barnes should’ve asked Edy for his autograph and maybe he wouldn’t have dropped 40 on us yesterday?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Sometimes better to keep your mouth shut and say nothing, have a little humiltiy. You don't have to call anybody out by name like he did.
He’s a DA kid. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. He will be successful if they keep twisting the rules to protect him. He will be a complete bust in the NBA though bc that physical BS won’t work; they won’t protect him.

Reactions: overseasorange2
He’s a DA kid. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. He will be successful if they keep twisting the rules to protect him. He will be a complete bust in the NBA though bc that physical BS won’t work; they won’t protect him.
I foresee a rough rookie year for Mr. Edey. NBA has plenty of guys that are close to his size and far more athletic.

imagine being player of the year and having just punched your ticket to the final four you are still so petty and angry you call out a coach for not recruiting you lol

I feel bad for this guy. What a self-centered primadonna.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Sometimes schools just don’t have a place for a player. Edey is 2X CPOY. He’s getting the awards, etc he’s earned. Pretty lame to play the disrespect card now.

Why single out Rick Barnes of all the coaches? Maybe he wishes he was a Vol

Has anyone seen Draft Day? The hot shot projected #1 pick QB has something that seems off to the GM. Turns out none of his teammates came to his birthday party, which the GM sees as odd and maybe a red flag. It appears that this all star player isn’t liked by his teammates or anyone else. I think of that when I hear Edey talk. He seems like the type that nobody really likes but has to tolerate to win.
Good Ol Bo Callahan with Diddy as his agent. LOL

Hope Bo didn't take any trips with Diddy.

Agree on Edey coming off as a completely unlikeable, pompous ass.

Completely honest take .... Who really gives a damn what this over grown clown has to say ? He is not very good And wont be allowed to shove and shuffle his feet and sling elbows whatever his next step his. Officiating in todays College Game is absolute trash with no consistency.

Good. Don’t want this kind of player on the Vols. They will not win it all

Is Edey saying he might have signed with Tennessee if Barnes had offered? Barnes wasn't the only P5 coach that didn't offer, so why single him out? A comment by an immature person.

Is Edey saying he might have signed with Tennessee if Barnes had offered? Barnes wasn't the only P5 coach that didn't offer, so why single him out? A comment by an immature person.
Because they just beat Barnes’ team. It was an attempt to cast himself on some sort of underdog role, like it was redemption for the little guy against a coach who overlooked him. It was stupid and immature and he’s an absolute punk which is why Purdue fans live him so much.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
It is impossible to take Edey seriously playing the disrespect card after watching him get literally double the FT attempts of the ENTIRE OPPOSING TEAM by himself.

He got passed over in recruiting a few years ago. Boo friggin hoo.

Hate to break it to him, but a lot of other players have gotten passed over to go on and have success as well without the preferential treatment he has been getting the last few seasons.

We Vol fans got to watch one of those guys in Knecht this season.
Excellent point. DK was just as overlooked if not more. Had to go the JC route just to get noticed. Developed late and spent 2 years toiling in obscurity (not in the limelight at Purdue) before getting his shot at the big time. He flat delivered and didn’t get preferential treatment like Edey gets. He has more reason to cry than Edey but you hear nothing but appreciation and class from him. Very telling about the difference in character and thought process before speaking.

VN Store

Back