Elijah Herring to the portal

Just another quitter. Things don’t go exactly the way you want so take your ball and go home. Those that quit every time something gets tough will wish him well and make excuses for him. It’s the new way.

Just another quitter. Things don’t go exactly the way you want so take your ball and go home. Those that quit every time something gets tough will wish him well and make excuses for him. It’s the new way.
Your comments say a lot more about you than anything related to Elijah Herring.

In some cases maybe. But this is the case of a good guy who got passed over by some top notch newcomers. He will likely move to another conference and do well. For me, this is an example of the portal working. Teams don’t guarantee playing time and players shouldn’t be trapped on a roster. One move to let teams and players make adjustments seems okay to me.
Agree with you on the portal.

I hate that EH didn't have the spring with Inge. Think the outcome probably would have been the same. I see it as a good move for him.

We gotta be a better fanbase than this... The kid came in and started 10+ games... Led the team in tackles over Beasley... He was a sophomore that was growing... We praise em and love em as freshman but forget em after.... It's a loss for sure.. Experienced young starter even if his role went to the 3rd LB
I haven't read a single post here trashing the young man. Not one. It's a discussion forum, not a rah-rah for all 85 scholarship AllAmericans on our roster. Pointing out what is glaringly obvious in his play and presuming that he's dropped on the depth 📉 is the general consensus. No knock on the young man. Just as real as the fact I can't make a D3 roster.

This move can not have anything to do with money. If we are being totally honest he hasn't played well enough for other schools to offer him more money. If I had to bet he is being passed on the depth chart. I just don't see another school coming after him at this point in his career.
Oh, he's probably being blown up right now. I'm no LB guru, but I don't see any top level programs killing to get him, unless their LB room is thin.

I haven't read a single post here trashing the young man. Not one. It's a discussion forum, not a rah-rah for all 85 scholarship AllAmericans on our roster. Pointing out what is glaringly obvious in his play and presuming that he's dropped on the depth 📉 is the general consensus. No knock on the young man. Just as real as the fact I can't make a D3 roster.
See post 102 above

Lost his starting job to Pili. Guess he didn't want to be a backup this season after starting last season. With the portal you can find somewhere else to be a starter. Just part of the CFB world now. Does not appear Hyp made an attempt to keep him.

Reactions: WillisWG
I do no ad well. Sad thing it’s just going to get worse as time goes on. No wonder Saban retired when he did. Could you imagine having to deal with this crap 24/7 in your 70s?
I agree . I think it’s terrible for the game. Basically you have to rerecruit your entire team every year. Plus recruit the high school kids and the portal kids. As a fan it’s hard to get behind a player because he may be gone the next year.

Yes opposing offenses will have to find someone else to run at.No big loss.
I'm sure the family appreciates your unkind words. So if you or I disappear off the thread..."No big loss." Just say player didn't appear to be a good fit and hope they do well elsewhere. This slam n kickem on the way out is a level generally saved for opponents in our disfavor.

Last edited:
Not a big loss cat couldn’t cover someone in a phone booth…got better options available
Coach wants you to come out to the practice field and assist with the tackling dummy. Job requires no intelligence...just a willingness to take one for the team. Song in my head..." Don't call us we'll call you" Sugarloaf

Those saying $ don’t understand NIL. A 3 star LB isn’t marketable and his highest value is likely in his home state.

I’m going with either the strain of competition is more than he can bear, doesn’t like the new coach, or is following his old coach.

Byron Young left a promising career at the Dollar General for football. Two way street my friend.

VN Store

Back