Embarrassing.

Not even sure “out coached” is the right way to look at it. That RB went for like 800 total yards or somethin. Not a whole lot that could be done there. Just a dominant performance.

I disagree. He was just a lot tougher than we were and we didn’t want any part of him. That’s a player issue in my view.

Huepal needs to humble himself and begin now working on getting the right pieces to not completely stagnate in year 4. This is embarrassing, but reminiscent of the doolander years when you get the **** beat out of you and it didn't sting because you were numb to it. This showing today is pathetic and embarrassing.

Completely unprepared.
GET A QUARTERBACK NOW!!!!!!!!

This game isn’t all on the coaches, our players didn’t play very well on either side of the ball. 2 turnovers when we were on the verge of scoring. We got outworked, outplayed and out coached today. But I still have confidence that Heupel will get it fixed. But no doubt we can’t be making undisciplined penalties and have turnovers around the redzone. This league is too good for that. I do agree the 4 man rush was not enough and we were way to slow to get out of it. And I hate how we spend so much time looking to the sidelines before the play on offense and defense. Sometimes the ball get snapped when we are on defense and we have players not even looking at the offensive player they are looking at the sideline or one of our players. We have to get the confusion fixed! GBO
"This game isn’t all on the coaches, our players didn’t play very well on either side of the ball."

"This meal isn't all on the cooks, but the food wasn't any good."

I never buy the idea that coaches aren't responsible for motivating, preparing, training, and adjusting. That's literally their entire job **because** they don't play. When you are out classed by a team that is significantly less talented than you, you've failed as a coach.

How did Dork recruit in the mid thirties and identify/develop that talent when we recruit far better talent and get outclassed at every meaningful position?

Funny, I didn't hear him running his mouth when Tennessee shoved 120 points down his throat the previous two years. Smug little prick. He better get his little jabs in while he can - and judging by his attitude, I'm sure he will.
“He better get his little jabs in while he can”. Is that you Coach Prime?

It isn't, but that doesn't put him the same league as the top coaches.
If the judgement is results driven, having the best players makes you a top coach, right? All the best players in the country go to the same three or four schools who are consistently in the top 5 year after year. OSU remains at the top, even through coaching turnover. He won 11 games with several NFL draft picks on the roster. This roster is devoid of talent except at the RB spot.

I’m not arguing for or against the guy, just saying that 73% winning percentage is pretty good for the level of talent he has coached. It’s hard to judge college coaches because the teams are so polar. As good as Saban is, he sucked in the NFL where there is more parody.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
QB is definitely the problem.
Yes, it is definitely one of the biggest problems. But, there are lots of others. The D isn't getting it done to give the O a lot more opportunities. I believe UT will not be ELITE until the O can have the ball at least half of the game! I don't care how fast a team scores. The D has to get off the field and give the O the ball their share of the clock, PERIOD!

Reactions: BreatheUT
Huepal needs to humble himself and begin now working on getting the right pieces to not completely stagnate in year 4. This is embarrassing, but reminiscent of the doolander years when you get the **** beat out of you and it didn't sting because you were numb to it. This showing today is pathetic and embarrassing.

Completely unprepared.
That long race up to the hill and show productivity in a positive mode doesn’t look very good. I am sorry to say, I don’t see any improvement. It is like a rolling coster ride with a sick stomach.

Reactions: volfeeva

Completely unprepared.
We are back to the point that, when the opposing QB drops back to pass, you just know in your stomach that it will be completed. It is simply throw and catch against us. Everyone makes it look easy against us. The DC needs to just put in a whole bunch of different types of blitzes and stunts because this secondary will make every QB we play against look like a Heisman candidate and number one draft pick.

VN Store

Back