Enjoy it while it lasts

Nah, I'll still get up for my sunrise round of golf. And probably fish afterwards if Tennessee plays a day game. Depends on who else is playing.

To each his own, but I can fish anytime, Vol football is the season with no catch limit, although our D may need a hunting license.

:td::fireworks::fireworks:
Eight days from now you're gonna wake up and it's gonna be game day.

No more free Saturdays to catch up your to-do list. Or take the kids on an outing. Plan a day of fishing, or hiking, or camping, or anything else we do during the off season. And even though we don't play on the first Saturday, we still need to know what "they" do.

No more Monday mornings talking about what idiot politicians did over the weekend, or what movie you saw, what concert you went to, what you accomplished. Nobody cares.

No more speculating. No more praying. No more wishing, or hoping, or wondering.

No more being polite (or civil) to a gator, a dawg, a tiger, a bammer (even if you're related). In eight days, it's time to start hatin'!!!

No more waiting. In eight days IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!!!
It's kick azz time in TENNESSEE:fireworks::fireworks:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm so excited that this could be a special year. My boys haven't been able to experience Tennessee football in any sort of relevance. Thanks to the Thursday opener, we have a friend's tickets in the Tennessee Terrace, so they will be with me for the first game. They are following the progress on the field at Bristol. Hopefully, they will get to witness our first victory over Florida since their birth in game four.

My sons are just now at the age where this stuff sticks, and a great season could solidify their love for the Orange. I didn't get to experience that growing up, as we just moved back to Tennessee when I was in the 5th grade, and my parents didn't really follow football. I hope this team makes them proud when they wear their gear every Friday (which is required in this house) and brings them the same excitement I feel every Saturday in the fall!

Reactions: 4 people
In only 8 more days

So it begins

And it will be over so quick that you will wonder why time only slows down while you are waiting for it to start.

Enjoy and don't take anything for granted. I will travel up for the Florida, Mizzou and Vandy games and my family is thrilled. Good news, when we play in Tampa, there are a few of us that only have to travel a couple of miles! Can't wait to hear that first kick off. We enjoy Bob Kesling, but (as I show my age), there is still the nostalgic side of me that still hears John Ward say, "It is Football time in Tennessee." I was born the same year John Ward passed on Law School and became the voice of the Vols, so yes, I'm old, but I'm very excited about our guys!

https://youtu.be/Lj7UfmKw_wM

sorry guys i dont know how to actually post just the youtube video... heres the link and i am fired up now!

:rock: :clap:

As long as we play well against App. St., it will be really nice to watch a loaded Week 1 slate, knowing that the Vols are 1-0.

Miss what? It's too easy to plan around the must see games. If your entire fall revolves around just football, see the quote from you above

I literally plant myself most Saturday's, unless I'm at a tailgate/game. I'm happiest when I'm watching a Saturday chocked full of CFB. If I'm not by a TV, I'll be wishing I was. But to each his own, Brother.

Enjoy and don't take anything for granted. I will travel up for the Florida, Mizzou and Vandy games and my family is thrilled. Good news, when we play in Tampa, there are a few of us that only have to travel a couple of miles! Can't wait to hear that first kick off. We enjoy Bob Kesling, but (as I show my age), there is still the nostalgic side of me that still hears John Ward say, "It is Football time in Tennessee." I was born the same year John Ward passed on Law School and became the voice of the Vols, so yes, I'm old, but I'm very excited about our guys!

Indeed. John Ward had a way of raising the hairs on the back of my neck.

"Wherever you listen throughout the World....ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE."

I always listen to David Keith's Tradition, once the season gets this close. Makes you even more proud to be from this Great State and be a Vol.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm so excited that this could be a special year. My boys haven't been able to experience Tennessee football in any sort of relevance. Thanks to the Thursday opener, we have a friend's tickets in the Tennessee Terrace, so they will be with me for the first game. They are following the progress on the field at Bristol. Hopefully, they will get to witness our first victory over Florida since their birth in game four.

My sons are just now at the age where this stuff sticks, and a great season could solidify their love for the Orange. I didn't get to experience that growing up, as we just moved back to Tennessee when I was in the 5th grade, and my parents didn't really follow football. I hope this team makes them proud when they wear their gear every Friday (which is required in this house) and brings them the same excitement I feel every Saturday in the fall!

Bringin them boys up right, I see.

When fall rolls around Tennessee football is the reason for the season. I would love to hear John Ward call one more game for the Vols. You see, I was not a Tennessee fan until 2006 so I only get to hear previous recordings of him and they are amazing. I am so happy to have married into a Tennessee family. We have the best times talking and watching UT football. We are all going to Bristol and I can hardly wait. GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 3 people
I have an uncle and a step-sister that both married one. (Was trying to figure out how to phrase that so it doesn't read like they married the same person, but it's more fun this way. :) ) And my baby sister married an aubren tiger and he brainwashed her. But at least we still don't have a gator in the family!!

Attachments

• Bammer.jpg
    Bammer.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1
What is this civility to bammers that you speak of?

Was boarding a plane yesterday...guy right in front of me has a Barn shirt on with an AU tag in his bag...

As he boards the flight attendant said "Roll Tide!"...uncomfortable silence...

From behind I say "I'm a VOL...and I HATE both of YOU!"

F-Civility..."It's FOOTBALL Time in TENNESSEE!"

As a teenager I used to watch TN games at one of my relatives house a lot and he would ALWAYS mute the tv and turn John Ward on the radio for the play by play. I always thought it was kinda odd. Being young I didn't realize how awesome JW was but as an adult I have missed him so.

True case of you don't know what you got till its gone for me.

"Give him 6...BIG ONES!!!"

Thanks. It's a massive amount of suck.

My 21 year old used to eat tomatoes like apples when he was little. One year I planted cherry tomatoes in this little wagon thing. They were producing like nobody's business for about a week. Then nothing. I could not figure out what was going on. Til I caught him out there one day, picking them off and eating them like grapes. :lol:

I used to do the same thing in my Mamaw's strawberry patch. :)

I have an uncle and a step-sister that both married one. (Was trying to figure out how to phrase that so it doesn't read like they married the same person, but it's more fun this way. :) ) And my baby sister married an aubren tiger and he brainwashed her. But at least we still don't have a gator in the family!!

Be very thankful for that last fact, volleygirl. :)

Love it but when we're we supposed to be civil to Bammers?

When you are pulled over by an Alabama State Trooper, interrupting your transit through that State, be civil. Even when his parting words are, "Roll Tide," resist the temptation to put bananas in his tailpipe.

Ahhh, Wendy Peffercorn!

e2GJSEl.gif

VN Store

Back