Eric Lewis hired as Defensive Quality Control Assistant

Our DB's need to be told to turn their heads around, after they've turned their backs to the QB, every single day, from now, until the Georgia Tech game! Hopefully it will be Instinct by then!
Shoulda begun at an early age

qpt6hzb-imgur.gif

Awesome hire imo. Butch Jones has done a heck of a job with his hires this ofseason, I'll give him that. I'm excited to see it translate on the field and in recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person
Lewis played defensive back for San Diego State and is the school’s all-time leader in career pass breakups. Coaching is also in Lewis’ blood, as his father is long-time NFL assistant coach Sherman Lewis.

Sounds like this addition could pay huge dividends for UT...

Reactions: 1 person
They can't hands on coach players, but they would be in the film room, help breakdown film, prepare scouting reports and take a lot of work load of coordinators and position coaches. They might help develop practice drills and game plans. This is where Bama has made hay.

thanks, would it be a violation if a quality control person took an interest in a kid and did some actual coaching? or helping a kid get better

thanks, would it be a violation if a quality control person took an interest in a kid and did some actual coaching? or helping a kid get better

I am not a compliance official, but If he can not do “ends on coaching”, I would have to assume it would be a violation of NCAA rules. I also assume he could show film of practices and discuss anything he wants to with the position coach. I am sure the complaints staff has told the coaches what Quality Control Assistants can and can not do with players on the team.

VN Store

Back