ESPN Chris Low Says Tony Elliot & Sonny Dykes Are Names To Watch For

tweet? link?

LOL that's a legit bigfoot photo. What the hell phone was that taken on a 2004 blackberry?
nokia_7650.png

I’m not sure about Elliot. Sure let’s go after a guy who has a 63-59 career coaching record (Dykes) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don’t care who the AD it’s gonna be hard to get any decent coach right now I’m afraid. I’m hopefully optimistic but preparing for the worst

You're actually being level headed. The names being bandied about are mostly unrealistic. There aren't too many, if any, top shelf coaches wanting to step in our mess. Let's get a guy who can get us through the next few years being respectable and we can build from there. It's unlikely any coach will come in and push us to the top with the restrictions we're facing. Players bailing, NCAA penalties and probably tough recruiting especially the top players who want to be in bowl games at top universities. We're in a tough spot which is why I hope the fan base doesn't roast our AD if his hire seems less than a Home Run. He's playing from a position of weakness.

Why should I like Elliott any more than Pruitt?

The meaningful part of his career has all been at Clemson under one head coach. Just because he knows offense doesn't mean he can be a head coach. I mean we were told Pruitt was a defensive savant. didn't mean squat.
Careful, having logic about the guy is not allowed.

You're actually being level headed. The names being bandied about are mostly unrealistic. There aren't too many, if any, top shelf coaches wanting to step in our mess. Let's get a guy who can get us through the next few years being respectable and we can build from there. It's unlikely any coach will come in and push us to the top with the restrictions we're facing. Players bailing, NCAA penalties and probably tough recruiting especially the top players who want to be in bowl games at top universities. We're in a tough spot which is why I hope the fan base doesn't roast our AD if his hire seems less than a Home Run. He's playing from a position of weakness.
This

Reactions: PNW Huskie
LOL. I just cant wait until they announce Sonny as our HC. The leaks and rumors are often correct and they just act like it's not.

I already bought 20 gallons of gasoline and 3 mattresses

That sh!+ worked wonders last time!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I also remember in 2008 Low trotting out Butch Davis and Tim Brewster as serious candidates. Neither one was ever even contacted.
Who is telling Low to polish Dykes? Who are their other clients besides Dykes?

Maybe Low is just obliging for future tidbits from a source not related to this search, but that seems odd to then have White have him as a preferred guy.

Seems like Low is helping White keep contingencies looking good, while also refurbishing Dykes. Usually shared agents or firms organize that.

For example, if we’re working on Franklin, we’d be willing to boost the brand of a coach like Dykes for good will if it helped us.

lol @ a Sonny Dykes hire. It wouldn’t surprise me the least bit. Every coaching search people get excited and then they announce the hire and it’s like.. huh?? I’m hopeful but still being realistic. A Dykes hire will put a LOT of pressure on the “keep the negativity off social media” goal.

lol @ a Sonny Dykes hire. It wouldn’t surprise me the least bit. Every coaching search people get excited and then they announce the hire and it’s like.. huh?? I’m hopeful but still being realistic. A Dykes hire will put a LOT of pressure on the “keep the negativity off social media” goal.

You CAN NOT stop the negativity with a hire like Dykes. I can't imagine what the AD would see in him which is why I DO NOT believe he's being talked about by anyone except his agent. He's not coming to UT. (Better not)

I don't hate the idea of Elliott but if we're going to hire a guy who's never been a HC before, I'd much rather just hire Mayo. I have a lot of faith that he could fix the culture issues and would likely keep most of the offensive staff (Chaney is good when he isn't being held back).

I really hope it's not Sonny Dykes.

Tony Elliot is an unknown, but he at least, on the surface, seems like he could make a good Head Coach.

Dykes bombed at Cal. He's been OK at G5 schools, but he's never done anything that suggests he can win a national title or even the SEC East. And if we're going to hire an Air Raid guy, why not just go after Mike Leach?

Frankly, I'd rather have Kevin Steele as permanent HC than Dykes.
I wouldn’t say he bomb at Cal. His first season he started from complete scratch. They got better until his last season when he had to replace his OC. Also had a couple of injuries mid season. Ironically he was fired in part because he was interviewing for other jobs, that year he interviewed at Baylor. I think Dykes is underrated but still don’t think he would do much for Tennessee

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back