Espn just said...

It was worth reading just to see all the positive comments former players had to say about CBJ.

Was it Linda Cohn that said it? She's the genius that told the listening ESPN audience years ago that ESPN will get you back for the 2nd half to Rocky Mount after these messages....really!!! Rocky MOUNT???

she's a female from New York. Not there is anything wrong with that, but you shouldnt have an expectation that she has knowledge of college football.

You lured me with the ode to snowboarding brah. :cool2: Should I do it baked or straight?

Whatever floats yer boat, brah. Nothing like a broad stroke generalization.

My guess, you prefer channel surfing, unfortunately:hi:

Last edited:
she's a female from New York. Not there is anything wrong with that, but you shouldnt have an expectation that she has knowledge of college football.

She works for ESPN?...sports is in there somewhere!...You can EXPECT her to know what she's talking about...before she says it?

Maybe not. I would just hope that it's quick and painless. Or, that I am doing something cool.

I know. I'm a pretty chill guy. And I hate that the older I get, the more cynical and pessimistic I get. Good news is, I've noticed it and I do a good job of curbing it. Competitive sports gets me though. As a kid I loved sports (like most of us). I went to every home game from 1991 - 2009, I was extremely fortunate. I graduated and moved in 2009. I used to watch as many Braves games as possible. Now I'm just turned off of professional sports (I still love golf and non competitive snowboarding). I'm still a fan, I just don't have that youthful passion anymore. I don't know what's to blame. Priorities. HGH. Labor disputes. The attitudes and social behaviors of some athletes. Lawsuits. Stephen A Smith (most journalists). Know it alls. Etc. but I think espn and absurd amounts of money have a lot to do with it. I realize it's just a game, and it should be fun. I will never stop watching OUR Volunteers. Win or lose. I love them and I bleed orange.

That said, every generation thinks it's the worst. Teenage music will always be sh!t. Some politician will always spell disaster. And the end of the world is coming.

Maybe that's why I like backcountry snowboarding so much. There's no "he is better than him" or "so and so is the greatest of all time." They are all awesome, and they all respect the history and each other. I also love the artistic approach you take on a steep trackless powder boulder field. YouTube Nico Mueller and you'll see what I'm talking about, it's not "spin to win"

Wow. Sorry guys.

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!
Someone post a Gran Torino gif

Recognizing it is the first step. LOL at get off my lawn!

ESPN is still bitter about us winning the national championship that year. They were in love with Ohio State and the Big 10, and throughout the lead-up to the title game, commentator after commentator whined about how the BCS must be "flawed," since it didn't allow Ohio State to play for the championship. In the hours before the game, they practically crowned FSU national champions, and wrote us off.

Let the commentators write us off. Bad things happen when they do.

SugarVols were written off by everyone except the team. Someone forgot to tell them they were suppose to roll over to Miami. 35 to 7 later....people learned their lesson.

I always write the scores on the back of my ticket stub,hang on just a sec Ill check

SugarVols were written off by everyone except the team. Someone forgot to tell them they were suppose to roll over to Miami. 35 to 7 later....people learned their lesson.

Ummm....that one game doesn't discount the several years of us being written off and them being accurate

clint-eastwood-pabst-blue-ribbon.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I know they loved us once,went to a game in Memphis and they were there broadcasting. We were playing Ole miss and they weren't that good back then. I carried in a espn sign trying to get on tv. We sat by the ole miss band and gave them hell all game those were the good ole days and I think there going to return.

Last edited:
Did espn himself say it, or was it one idiot who happens to work for espn that said it?

It would be latter but the network as a whole has to maintain journalistic integrity regarding what is being said on their programs.

But whatever... I've met Espn himself and he doesn't like us either

The SugarVols were conference champions and a damn good team.

Everybody sure appears to hates ESPN, but it seems like everybody watches it. Except for the 1 poster who only watches FOX. That poor guy sees less than primo college football IMO. I watch ESPN religiously & I like some and hate some of it. Kinda like life itself.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back