ESPN-- Vols have 'momentum'

Marcus Allen, Eric Dickerson, Derrick Henry are all that tall. They seemed to make it work alright. By all accounts and according to people whose livelihood depend on it, Hurd has looked good at running back. I think I'll trust them.

Seemed like a joke to me...

Some think hes two tall too make it as a running back, I think so to.

Doesn't matter how tall you are, if you can drop that shoulder and run fast, you will do well in the sec. From seeing his tapes he does just that.

Surprised to see us drop to #10 in the rankings. I guess that is due to Ford and Williams being 3 star players. Hopefully they will move up to 4 star, I would like to see another top 5 class.

Is it possible that Weatherd has been training and is a Day-1 starter, and this was a tactic by Coach Jones to keep the momentum going into the start of practice? Maybe Weatherd could have already been enrolled; It was an odd situation and kind of a mysterious story. This is great news for fans and the team.. now let's pull in Van

I feel like this is the first time in awhile that UT has had so much media coverage around it. I guess you could count the Kiffster's one year, but that was all pretty bad coverage.

I couldn't agree more man. I been thinking the same rhi g I just wonder how much of it has to do with how much harder Butch works than the rest of the guys we had . lane got coverage just because he liked to fun his mouth .

Is it possible that Weatherd has been training and is a Day-1 starter, and this was a tactic by Coach Jones to keep the momentum going into the start of practice? Maybe Weatherd could have already been enrolled; It was an odd situation and kind of a mysterious story. This is great news for fans and the team.. now let's pull in Van

I am a Butch fan and a Weathered fan (no pun intended) but you're giving the first too much credit and the second not enough accountability.

It was.

Been hashed over pretty good around here, he should be a stud at running back, look forward to that.

No offense intended. The football forum is usually rank with people who would spout such opinions in complete sincerity.

Reactions: 1 person
I couldn't agree more man. I been thinking the same rhi g I just wonder how much of it has to do with how much harder Butch works than the rest of the guys we had . lane got coverage just because he liked to fun his mouth .

Say what

No offense intended. The football forum is usually rank with people who would spout such opinions in complete sincerity.

Versus the recruiting forum which is rank with people spouting over 15-18 year old boys/ young men.

Sorry. :)

Marcus Allen, Eric Dickerson, Derrick Henry are all that tall. They seemed to make it work alright. By all accounts and according to people whose livelihood depend on it, Hurd has looked good at running back. I think I'll trust them.

Don't forget big Jim Brown, a tough runner.

Things keep getting curiouser and curiouser

“But we have great competition heading into camp,” he said. “Last year at this time, we had zero players who could squat 600 pounds, and we were a veteran group. This year, we have nine.”

Just another sad reminder of what a disaster Dooley was.

View attachment 80038

How was last years class not stronger... This has me floored

Last edited:

Yeah that's it you nailed it.

Buck up Debbie Downer, bad times don't last forever.

I wasn't being a Debbie Downer. I was just saying that everyone was building up hype about us in 2012, and rightfully so. We were much better than a 5-7 football team that year. Way too much talent on the offensive side.

Tennessee does have momentum, based on one factor; the great recruiting class last year. That's it. Some of those highly ranked incoming freshmen will be busts. It could be Hurd.

Our current recruiting class does not match last season's class using the Star rankings. This seems to be the same thing that happened to Ole Miss. Both fan bases, though, are saying their respective coaches know that they are doing. Filling needs.

Tennessee will not have real Momentum until they begin upsetting some good teams on a regular basis.

Some think hes two tall too make it as a running back, I think so to.
3595779-isee222-1.gif

Recycled article, i've read this before and by the way, I read yesterday that CBJ said we now have 11 guys who can squat 600 lbs

i posted it 43 minutes after Low posted it on the SEC blog on ESPN.....i guess I should have checked with you on 'current' status........

VN Store

Back