Expectations Poll: What's our Final Record

Final Record Will Be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5-7 :furious3:

I also wouldn't expect to see any coaching changes unless some of our guys get good offers from other schools. Now, I've been critical in a few posts this weekend of our OL coach and our OC. But, honestly, I think it would be premature to run them off while we are still clearly trying to recover from the Dooley stench. We've developed a rep as a fanbase for eating our own. We probably need to give these guys every opportunity to be successful. Hell, even muschump got four years and he inherited a much better situation than Butch did.

Another Dooley conspirator......

5-7 and much grumbling and gnashing of teeth when we struggle to get even that. I cannot envision 6 wins with this current offense.

Since a lot of the people on this board think CBJ should not be accountable for anything they do, why don't we blame everything on Doug Dickey??? He was one of our ADs at one time.

We are producing nothing offensively except the occasional field goal when we luck in to decent field position. Until that line is anywhere in the vicinity of squared away nothing is a gimmee. IMHO

On a positive, our defense, if they maintain their level of play, SHOULD be able to shut KY and Vandy down.

I expected the Ole Miss game to go exactly like that. They have one of the, if not the best, defensive line in the country. Our line is just badly undersized and Ole Miss has a great D. We tripled the offensive output Mizzou had against Florida, and tripled Mizzou's against Georgia. Florida "Curb Stomped" themselves, and if we protect the ball better against Mizzou, we should win that game along with Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

I expected the Ole Miss game to go exactly like that. They have one of the, if not the best, defensive line in the country. Our line is just badly undersized and Ole Miss has a great D. We tripled the offensive output Mizzou had against Florida, and tripled Mizzou's against Georgia. Florida "Curb Stomped" themselves, and if we protect the ball better against Mizzou, we should win that game along with Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

Protect the ball better? Have you watched our offense? We are worse than being unable to score we specialize in helping defenses score.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm so confused by those of you who think Mizzou is a win. They just stomped UF in the Swamp. They're better than us. We're 5-7 bound again. Sucks to suck.

I don't believe they will win on the road at SC, and if Mizzou can go into the swamp and destroy Florida, they certainly can come into Neyland and beat the Vols.

KU is a push. I have no idea how that game comes out.

Vandy is the only team I believe we'll be favored to beat the rest of the year.

You cannot compare what MU did in the swamp to anything... their offense did not move the ball and their defense jumped all over 2 QB's that were pressing for their position.

Frankly the only game in question is the SC game and this will come down to if we believe we can win or not, 7-5

This offense has to show us they can avoid emptying a 50 rd clip into their foots before we should have confidence in a bowl appearance.

I'm so confused by those of you who think Mizzou is a win. They just stomped UF in the Swamp. They're better than us. We're 5-7 bound again. Sucks to suck.

I think I'll let someone else who watched take this one

We tripled the offensive output Mizzou had against Florida, and tripled Mizzou's against Georgia. Florida "Curb Stomped" themselves, and if we protect the ball better against Mizzou, we should win that game along with Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

Yes. Mizzou 119 yards total O vs Fla

I don't want to be nega but the line is getting worse . Worley is hearing ghosts , and right now all a good D has to do to beat us is rush 3 d-lineman and a safety . UM has a very good d-line . If kentucky sells out every play they beat us . So will SC throw the sink at us ? Probably not but they know they can score enough points at home to win . Vandy lets just hope Patton isn't playing . So right now at this moment 5 wins is max with the way there playing .

You get past this week and I bet there want be nearly as many ghosts in the last 4 games, we just been over matched the last few weeks on the OL the talent level will come down after this week, but we still got a good shot at bama, this is going to be a 4 quarter game, with what 2 minutes to go in the third against OLE MISS 14-3 and North dropped a ball he catches most of the time at the 12 going in, not saying we would have won but the Rebels would have been sweating a lot harder in the 4th quarter, we are so close you don't have to say it we all know, that big IF word with just 2 decent TACKLES, I KNOW WE WOULD HAVE WON 2 MORE GAMES, that's what makes it so hard to take, if we just had 2 or 3 decent O-LIMEMEN, its not all there fault but every time Worley dropped back to pass, he is running for his life and now making bad decisions.:rock:

You get past this week and I bet there want be nearly as many ghosts in the last 4 games, we just been over matched the last few weeks on the OL the talent level will come down after this week, but we still got a good shot at bama, this is going to be a 4 quarter game, with what 2 minutes to go in the third against OLE MISS 14-3 and North dropped a ball he catches most of the time at the 12 going in, not saying we would have won but the Rebels would have been sweating a lot harder in the 4th quarter, we are so close you don't have to say it we all know, that big IF word with just 2 decent TACKLES, I KNOW WE WOULD HAVE WON 2 MORE GAMES, that's what makes it so hard to take, if we just had 2 or 3 decent O-LIMEMEN, its not all there fault but every time Worley dropped back to pass, he is running for his life and now making bad decisions.:rock:

Over matched by UF. Lol. Unable to score any TD'S in 2 SEC games. What SEC team does that even compare to?

I don't believe they will win on the road at SC, and if Mizzou can go into the swamp and destroy Florida, they certainly can come into Neyland and beat the Vols.

KU is a push. I have no idea how that game comes out.

Vandy is the only team I believe we'll be favored to beat the rest of the year.

Go look at the highlights of the Mizz and gator game, the gators made every mistake you can make in football, Mizz didn't have a 150 total yards on offence, they scored 14points on 2 INTS for touchdowns and 2 more on kickoffs, Mizz could not move the ball on the gators, go look at the box score and you would have thought the gators beat them that bad, we can shut them down on offence and move the ball against them.

I'll wager that both SC and Mizzou will be favored. That says enough.

I believe we'll be favored over Vandy.

I have no idea on KU, but either way it'll only be a point or two.

Over matched by UF. Lol. Unable to score any TD'S in 2 SEC games. What SEC team does that even compare to?

The Gators D-line is the strength of there team, I don't have to say where our weakness is, we might not score a Touchdown against Bama either, but we can move the ball against the last 4 teams we play well enough to beat them, all we need is 3 wins, going in this year most of the fans knew this would only be a 6 win team, the gators game is still hurting, yes we should have beat them, so as bad as it seems we will win at least 3 more games, its going just like I thought it would, hang in there man get thru this week, then we will see maybe I am wrong, but I see no reason we cant get on a roll and win the last 4, at least 3 any way and hold the recruiting class together.:clapping:

With 100 votes, 82% are at 5, 6, or 7 wins. Pretty much the same as preseason expectations, which surprises me. I expected a lot more pessimism based on the volume of pessimistic posts on the board.

It seems our disagreements on this are really about how horrible we look losing games we all expect to lose.

It is one thing to know we are a .500 team, but entirely another to have to witness it play out on Saturdays. It is just gut-wrenching to watch.

6-6. While we have a very difficult schedule, it is very top heavy. We have had layups against Utah State, ASU, and Chattanooga. We have at least one more against Vandy. Kentucky should definitely be a win also. Missouri is at home and frankly any team that loses to Indiana we better find a way to beat. I think we lose to Bama and SCAR.

To me that is the bare minimum. 6-6 basically means you beat no one other than Missouri that has any where near the same talent level, facilities, or support. A loss to Kentucky would be a bad sign. A loss to Vandy, gtfo.

You can't win games without scoring TD's. Our OL will not be able to protect the QB, our RB's are all limping. Being realistic, I don't see our defense scoring enough points to win. So I don't see us winning another game. That includes CANDY. :mad:

Last edited:
With 100 votes, 82% are at 5, 6, or 7 wins. Pretty much the same as preseason expectations, which surprises me. I expected a lot more pessimism based on the volume of pessimistic posts on the board.

It seems our disagreements on this are really about how horrible we look losing games we all expect to lose.

It is one thing to know we are a .500 team, but entirely another to have to witness it play out on Saturdays. It is just gut-wrenching to watch.

I may be one of the few that has lowered their expectations but prior to the UF game I think many here believed we could get 7 wins so to be at 6 is a downtrend for many.

I think the other item up for debate is which Mizzou team will show up because if the one who took advantage of UF's mistakes shows up they are also likely to beat us because we've all seen this offense excels at mistakes. Then can we muster enough to beat a pretty good UK team?

Last edited:
You can't win games without scoring TD's. Being realistic, I don't see our defense scoring enough points to win. So I don't see us winning another game. That includes CANDY. :mad:

Let's not get too crazy.

VN Store

Back