Fast paced SEC vs Slow 10

I hate Lane Kiffin. Would not wish anything good for that garbage human being. As usual, the one time I want Penn State to win, they start choking.

I hope Tennessee looks even better against Iowa, but inexperience at an and DB is likely to bite us against a very experienced Iowa team.

I think it is.

It has been amusing listening to the announcers shift their perspective as the game has progressed.

In the 1st Qtr, it was, "Ole Miss will have trouble finding success against this top defense in the country."

In the 2nd Qtr, it turned into, "Penn State has the #1 defense in the nation, albeit missing a few key pieces."

In the 3rd Qtr, it has been, "Don't sleep on Lane Kiffin, especially on offense, he can make something out of nothing."

In the 4th Qtr, they'll be talking about how great Ole Miss' offense is, and won't mention the #1 defense in the country again.

Every single team in the B10 is over-ranked on defense. Because they're all playing against really anemic offenses: each other.

WGWTFA.

Go Vols!

Ole Miss has almost 500 total yards in the third quarter against the top(?) defense in the country. Is this a look ahead to Tennessee vs Iowa game?
Been a few of us trying to tell yall that the metrics are skewed cause the B10 plays horrible offenses. Iowa is in that tier and their offense is even worse than this bad Penn St. The top 4 B10 teams are all about to lose to the SEC

I hate Lane Kiffin. Would not wish anything good for that garbage human being. As usual, the one time I want Penn State to win, they start choking.

I hope Tennessee looks even better against Iowa, but inexperience at an and DB is likely to bite us against a very experienced Iowa team.
Penn State isn’t “choking” they’re just getting their asses kicked by a much better team.

I think it is.

It has been amusing listening to the announcers shift their perspective as the game has progressed.

In the 1st Qtr, it was, "Ole Miss will have trouble finding success against this top defense in the country."

In the 2nd Qtr, it turned into, "Penn State has the #1 defense in the nation, albeit missing a few key pieces."

In the 3rd Qtr, it has been, "Don't sleep on Lane Kiffin, especially on offense, he can make something out of nothing."

In the 4th Qtr, they'll be talking about how great Ole Miss' offense is, and won't mention the #1 defense in the country again.

Every single team in the B10 is over-ranked on defense. Because they're all playing against really anemic offenses: each other.

WGWTFA.

Go Vols!
Agreed. I Looked up the offenses Iowa has faced a few days ago. 6 of the offenses they faced was ranked 100 in the country or below.

Ole Miss and Mizzou are second tier SEC teams and handled top tier B10 teams.
Exactly. Here it is:

B10SEC
#1 Michigan --vs--#4 Alabama
#7 Ohio State --BEAT BY--#9 Mizzou
#10 Penn State --BEAT BY--#11 Ole Miss
#17 Iowa --vs--#21 Tennessee

Note how all the B10 teams are ranked above all the SEC teams.

But it's even more imbalanced than that, because those are the top four B10 teams, but not the top four SEC teams. #6 Georgia and #13 LSU are off playing others. So it's the second-best B10 team vs the third-best SEC team, the third-best B10 team against the fourth-best SEC team, and the fourth-best B10 team against the sixth-best SEC team.

All the advantages are tilted toward the B10, and yet we are whupping dey butts. And will continue to, heh.

Over-ranked? Yes. They are.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
As an Iowa fan.

Tennessee should handle Iowa. Iowas Qb has trouble throwing against air. Stop the run and Iowa will struggle to score 10.

I’m very curious to see your up tempo offense against Iowa’s D and how they fare. We don’t see them very often. Typically the first two drives are best scoring chances. Then Phil Parker makes adjustments.

As for SEC speed vs Big 10 speed. I don’t think it’s as prevalent as people make it out to be.

I think offensive philosophy is the biggest factor. It’s very hard to throw the ball all over the park, go lightning fast, when it’s 0-30 degrees and 20mph winds. Big ten teams recruit and build rosters for November football in upper MW.

As a result during bowl season you see defenses get totally exposed like PSU.

Next year playoffs will be interesting with first round being at home sites. It keeps ALOT of players opting out allowing for marquee matchups to be what we want to see.

VN Store

Back