Ferguson's arm strength

crunchimusmaximus

I was reading somewhere that someone was saying at UT's camp or practices so far Ferguson has a stronger arm and quicker release than Dobbs....but when i watch both of their clips i am not seeing it....anyone know for sure?

Reviews are like a**holes and everyone has got one. Bray had the best arm that we've seen in a long time;however, it's the use of that arm that counts.

I believe in Worley until he proves us different.

Reactions: 2 people
These ppl will meltdown whenever they hear any report of Fergs doing anything better than Dobbs. Dobbs has been tabbed by VN as an all time UT great already.

Reactions: 9 people
Here's what I have seen that jumps out most. Ferguson seemed to rollout almost every play in high school by design. I'm not sure he will be good at staying in the pocket to deliver the ball. Ferguson actually looks pretty mobile on the film. I'm more worried about his ability to read multiple routes and throw from the pocket. When you rollout, it makes easier throws because it puts pressure on the defense to commit to both run and pass. Dobbs can stay in the pocket and run if needed.

I was reading somewhere that someone was saying at UT's camp or practices so far Ferguson has a stronger arm and quicker release than Dobbs....but when i watch both of their clips i am not seeing it....anyone know for sure?

No sir, but I had a dream that Jesse Scroggins was gonna commit to the Vols.

Reactions: 3 people

People also say Ferguson isn't nearly as mobile as Dobbs.

Any reason why you'd say that? He could also be the next Clausen if you look at it optomistically or maybe even the next Tee Martin if you speculate without skin color being involved.

could be wrong but i think Hoot is referring to the glorifying of Crompton before he ever played a down at UT. at least i hope that is what he meant, otherwise his post is pretty idiotic.

These ppl will meltdown whenever they hear any report of Fergs doing anything better than Dobbs. Dobbs has been tabbed by VN as an all time UT great already.

Risetothetop is fixated on people fixated on Dobbs...I don't know who will ultimately shine at QB but if it's Dobbs, keep sharp objects away from our brother..and shoelaces!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person

I don't know for sure. I'd like to take this time to comment on Dobbs video I watched more seriously yesterday.

Disclaimer: I'm not QB or even football guru. I just call stuff as I see it, and when I do discover or am convinced I'm wrong, I freely acknowledge it.

1. Dobbs completes a lot of his passes, at least in the video. :p of course. But many of those passes seem to be floaters. You won't get away with that in the SEC with speedy CBs and safeties who defy gravity.

2. Dobbs seems to complete passes even as he's being knocked down. I admit it looks like he is throwing blindly and being ultra lucky.

3. Dobbs throws a fair number of jump passes. It appears he does this to avoid the raised arms on on-coming defenders. What gets me is the asses lead receivers so well they catch them well out of reach of their defenders.

4. I think he throws into double coverage a bit too often. But his receivers get the ball regardless. Not sure he'll get away with that in the SEC. Even Bray's bullets got picked when he did this far too often to suit my tastes. But then again, when your WR doesn't run their routes right. ....

5. Didn't see him take off and run in the video I watched at SI/BR site. But he seems to move around and sort of threaten to run to buy time for receivers to get free. One good thing is that his OL at times looked quite porous and he repeatedly avoid being hit until he got the pas off.

Ferguson? I hope to look at his tape without orange tinted glasses soon as I did Dobbs.

Im kinda, sorta worried about having so many QB,s. Doesn't that lead to a lack of continuity and stability with the offense. It's not like we have 2 QB,s fighting for the same job we have a pack of them. I hope one of them steps up quick and gets the job. Or is this normal and won't matter?

VN Store

Back