Final 4 Predictions

Florida State may take out South Carolina...they're good....I wonder if or how long Oregon can hang with UCONN...you have to get UCONN this year as they're loaded next year

Florida State may take out South Carolina...they're good....I wonder if or how long Oregon can hang with UCONN...you have to get UCONN this year as they're loaded next year

If the Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray that have shown up all tournament long come to play, I don't know how FSU will pull off the upset, unless they can get Wilson in foul trouble. I do like watching FSU play. Great guard play and very athletic post game.

I don't know if Oregon has the defensive discipline to play defense against UConn for a 30 second shot clock. I expect that it will get away from them in the 1st quarter en route to a typical UConn thrashing.

MSU will need to unleash McCowan the same way they did against Washington. They need her on the court, and she can't pick up stupid fouls. Her teammates, especially whoever is playing the 4, will need to be able to guard Gabby Williams and not force McCowan to come off Collier.

The backcourt of William, Dillingham and Vivians will hopefully do their job on defense and not allow a lot of dribble penetration, but they will have to play perfect team defense and exploit McCowan's size advantage to have a chance to stay in this one.

If the Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray that have shown up all tournament long come to play, I don't know how FSU will pull off the upset, unless they can get Wilson in foul trouble. I do like watching FSU play. Great guard play and very athletic post game.

I don't know if Oregon has the defensive discipline to play defense against UConn for a 30 second shot clock. I expect that it will get away from them in the 1st quarter en route to a typical UConn thrashing.

MSU will need to unleash McCowan the same way they did against Washington. They need her on the court, and she can't pick up stupid fouls. Her teammates, especially whoever is playing the 4, will need to be able to guard Gabby Williams and not force McCowan to come off Collier.

The backcourt of William, Dillingham and Vivians will hopefully do their job on defense and not allow a lot of dribble penetration, but they will have to play perfect team defense and exploit McCowan's size advantage to have a chance to stay in this one.

I think UCONN will likely blow out Oregon (my home team). The Ducks have been able to stay with teams that are very athletic but relatively undisciplined (UCLA on most days, Maryland) or those that are disciplined but not all that athletic (Oregon State, Duke), but UCONN is both, and, as much as the team has progressed this year, I don't think a team as young as Oregon will be able to handle that. In a couple of years, maybe, but not tomorrow.

I also don't think that Mississippi State, as much as I admire both coach and team, has weapons that can really hurt UCONN. Their bigs aren't skilled enough and will imo likely be a liability rather than a strength, Vivians is more often than not an inefficient scorer, and Williams is unlikely to be able to go off like she did tonight against the UCONN defense. I'm glad MS beat Baylor, but, overall, I think the Bears would give UCONN more trouble than the Bulldogs.

Reactions: 3 people
William was great tonight. But Baylor self-destructed. Wallace and Jones had bad nights. And it wasn't Mulkey's best coaching performance.

Baylor actually shot 10 % better than MSU and outrebounded them. But on turnovers and steals MSU was +18.

Will William score 41 against UConn? Has anyone?

Foul trouble could still prove to be UConn's undoing. If they lose Williams or Collier they could be in some trouble if their threes aren't falling. (I'm jumping ahead and assuming, like most, that Oregon doesn't pull the shocker tomorrow.)

If UConn gets to the Final Game they'll be prohibitive favorites against Stanford, SC, or FSU. They are 11 - 0 in NCAA Finals. So a hot and inspired MSU team might be the best chance to break their streak.

William was great tonight. But Baylor self-destructed. Wallace and Jones had bad nights. And it wasn't Mulkey's best coaching performance.

Baylor actually shot 10 % better than MSU and outrebounded them. But on turnovers and steals MSU was +18.

Will William score 41 against UConn? Has anyone?

Foul trouble could still prove to be UConn's undoing. If they lose Williams or Collier they could be in some trouble if their threes aren't falling. (I'm jumping ahead and assuming, like most, that Oregon doesn't pull the shocker tomorrow.)

If UConn gets to the Final Game they'll be prohibitive favorites against Stanford, SC, or FSU. They are 11 - 0 in NCAA Finals. So a hot and inspired MSU team might be the best chance to break their streak.

I think FSU matches up really well with UConn because they have posts players that can match UConn's in terms of quickness, athleticism and leaping ability. Their guard play has been really good during the tournament.

If SC's wings continue to shoot well, then I think SC will be a serious contender to UConn's dominance as well.

MSU will need to score the way they've been able to do so all tournament long to stay with the Huskies. I'm really hoping they surprise everyone.

You must have been reading the Baylor board. It made me think of us.

I went to take a look, and man...they are harsh!

I also saw this gem, which made me spit out my drink

"We had their Jamie Foxx In Living Color character with satan horns center in foul trouble and still couldn't close the deal."

Harsh. Funny, but harsh.

"We had their Jamie Foxx In Living Color character with satan horns center in foul trouble and still couldn't close the deal."

Harsh. Funny, but harsh.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 O-M-G....i have to join the Baylor board and befriend whoever said that!!!!! I have tears in my eyes from that!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 O-M-G....i have to join the Baylor board and befriend whoever said that!!!!! I have tears in my eyes from that!!!

The sad thing is that Teaira's look tonight was very Wanda-ish indeed.

Harsh. Funny, but harsh.

OMG..y'all!!!! 😶😶😶😶😶😶

Good chance UConn will be the only 1 seed in the F4.

ESPN will love it if it's UConn-Stanford in the CG. Instead of HandClap Hoopla, we'll have an automatic drinking game every time they comment on Jon Samuelson or show his mix-and-match wardrobe ensemble.

VN Store

Back